Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
300 wm listed today. See what it brings.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/968954423

Sweet rifle and no BOSS. I'll bet that one brings about $1,200.00.. What do you think?
Not sure. I’ve been surprised by a few recently so I’m a little reluctant to speculate.

Oh geez, where's the fun in that? I'll keep an eye on it. I'm curious... Not that I want a 300wm, just curious.. I'm well covered when it comes to 300 magnums.. The only one I really need is just the right H&H.. It will eventually turn up.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw a real nice low 5 digit stainless classic in 300 win mag today at LGS in Anchorage today. They were pretty proud of it at $1499, seems like everything in there was $599 and up lol. Unfortunately we don’t get the deals up here like Lawrence gets down in a Nevada.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Saw a real nice low 5 digit stainless classic in 300 win mag today at LGS in Anchorage today. They were pretty proud of it at $1499, seems like everything in there was $599 and up lol. Unfortunately we don’t get the deals up here like Lawrence gets down in a Nevada.

I don't see a lot of classic stainless model 70's here either. Did see a nice 300WM with a boss on it though. The other day when I was buying my Mauser 30-06. They brought the price down to $1,000.00. The last time I was there, they wanted $1,100.00.. They also had a rechambered 25-284 pre 64 model 70 std rifle. Nice rifle, but a shame they had it rechambered. They were wanting $850 for a package deal. Reloading supplies, ammo, die set and I can't remember what scope was on it. Glossy Leupold of some flavor..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Local shop here in the valley has a stainless classic with the boss in a 338 win mag. They wanted $1399 for it, so it looks like they are looking at gunbroker prices lol. At those prices those rifles aren’t selling anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Local shop here in the valley has a stainless classic with the boss in a 338 win mag. They wanted $1399 for it, so it looks like they are looking at gunbroker prices lol. At those prices those rifles aren’t selling anytime soon.

I agree buddy. A lot of shops everywhere look on gunbroker. I hear it all the time. It's the mom and pop shops that don't and pawnshops where you find the good deals. There is one pawnshop I go to that sells on gunbroker. They like to keep an inventory on hand for the general public though. They have 1 rifle I have told them twice now that they need to list on GB: It is a pre 64 model 70 that they have had for a year now. I've looked at it a few times, but it's been modified. A recoil pad was put on it probably 40 years ago, so it will need to be replaced. That brings the value down a lot. Plus it's been drilled and tapped on the rear bridge. It is a pre war model (made in '41). I think they want $1,100.00 for it. I've seen much better deals, even in Oregon. The last time I was at my clubs gunshow (about 6 months ago), one member there had a 1951 std wt rifle that was in decent shape, but was all original. He said he'd take $700 for it. I have too damn many 30-06 rifles, or I may have bought it. Plus it was not in primo condition, like how I normally buy my rifles. As for the deals I get now, I avoid some shops like the plague because they are ridiculous on prices. Mark Fore and Strike in Reno is such a place. Those guys are idiots. There are good shops and bad shops anywhere you go. It's like everywhere: you have to weed through the garbage to find the treasures.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Our local classifieds are the same way, you wouldn’t believe all the “2-3000” dollar Rem 760s people have around here. Not many model 70s floating around here it seems though.

American Rifles and Italian Shotguns
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Model70Fan
Our local classifieds are the same way, you wouldn’t believe all the “2-3000” dollar Rem 760s people have around here. Not many model 70s floating around here it seems though.

PA. I believe it.. Something I should mention, that you guys probably already know: There are some pretty good deals here in the classifieds sometimes. Sometimes not, as well. But you know the ones that aren't good deals. Those rifles don't get sold and the seller here is like, they sell for that on GB...... Well list it on GB!!!! The best deal I have seen here a while back was the stainless pushfeed rifle with the Vari-x IIc 3-9X40 on it. That scope sells for $400-$450 on ebay right now. Check and see for yourself. There is one on there right now that is at $425.00 plus $20 for shipping. You know, the same scope I bought a few days ago, like this one:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I hate giving out some of my secrets, but damn...

I damned near bought that rifle, to turn around and sell the scope on ebay. That pushfeed stainless rifle is rare and worth some money too. You can't buy them all though. I save some good deals for some of you guys..

As for the OP's rifle: AK gave some great advice. If selling here, expect about $1,000.00 for it. If selling on GB, it could go a couple hundred more, but you never know about that place. Some guys may be in a drunken stooper when bidding and bid way over what you might think it would sell for. Personally, I like the 7mmRM better than the 300WM, so I'd pay a little more for the right rifle. Still not sure if the OP ever said if it is a BOSS rifle or not. That used to have a negative impact on rifle value, but as of late, some guys don't care as much. They used to be kind of hideous to me, but I have a nice 7mm RM with one and it is a sweet rifle. Good luck to the OP, whichever direction he chooses to go with it..

BSA MAGA
J
jmillo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Sorry guys, lost track of this thread. No boss.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The Maine gun I mentioned went for just over 1k.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/967556431

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (450yukon, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 24 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,645
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.