J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Shipmygun is the only way I ship these days

Yep. I have been using them for years, both long guns and handguns. Their insurance is fairly inexpensive as well.

You save a few bucks using Shipmygun too. Long guns anyway. I have never shipped a handgun. Even though you have to drop it off at a UPS hub location they are still cheaper than shipping via UPS directly. They must get a discount because of the volume they ship.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes, you can 100% ship a long gun to an FFL via the USPS. Many, many postal worker's don't know their own policies. I've had to print them out and take the to various post offices in the past. I even had an insurance claim denied once because as the letter stated "it was illegal to ship a firearm through the USPS". I contacted a higher up in the post office and received my check shortly after. Many postal workers have told me that they just aren't trained properly.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by high_country_
Pirateship is also good at finding great rates.

Pirateship prohibits the shipment of firearms, regardless of what rules the common carriers allow.

Medics bury their mistakes..
S
Seuss Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
ShipMyGuns website shows a max weight of 15 pounds for a long gun, I'm sending a heavy barrel 22lr trainer and am over that. Advice??

There's always hope as long as there's lead in the air.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dinny

Pirateship prohibits the shipment of firearms, regardless of what rules the common carriers allow.
That is interesting as I never knew that. I know that when I use pirateship, not once was I ever asked on their website as to what I was shipping. Does this come up with insurance claims or something Dinny? I'm all about minimizing my risk. Thanks in advance.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Any guns I sell are now shipped by my FFL guy - handgun or long gun. USPS will not take a firearm from a non FFL here (I tried in Dec.). I think you will be into shipping at least $60 with the oversize package fee plus FFL transfer fee. They really are taking the fun out of trading guns.......

Shipmygun may be the best option left for a non FFL holder.

Last edited by centershot; 02/02/23.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by Dinny

That is interesting as I never knew that. I know that when I use pirateship, not once was I ever asked on their website as to what I was shipping. Does this come up with insurance claims or something Dinny? I'm all about minimizing my risk. Thanks in advance.
I’m not sure it’s true. I looked all over on their website and could not find any blanket prohibitions; just those specific to shippers.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by centershot
Any guns I sell are now shipped by my FFL guy - handgun or long gun. USPS will not take a firearm from a non FFL here (I tried in Dec.). I think you will be into shipping at least $60 with the oversize package fee plus FFL transfer fee. They really are taking the fun out of trading guns.......

Your usps deserves to be properly educated. Call someone above whoever told you that.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Your usps deserves to be properly educated. Call someone above whoever told you that.

USPS asks if your package contains any "liquid, fragile, perishable, potentially hazardous including lithium batteries........."............But they never ask the content.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seuss
ShipMyGuns website shows a max weight of 15 pounds for a long gun, I'm sending a heavy barrel 22lr trainer and am over that. Advice??
May have to ship in two packages.

Jim

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where's Bricktop? 😂

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by webfoot56
the insurance is the killer I doubt even if you have insurance the post office will not pay out if you have a claim. My sister runs a business and has had a couple claims and so much red tape and such I would pack it real well get tracking and forget the insurance. By the way my sister received nothing on her claims. It has to be started by the receiving party and they have to file the claim on their end it will be a real headache for both parties.

Have learned the hard way on the shipping insurance nightmare. Pack it crazy well, and take pictures of it prior to shipment along with the packing. If it get's damaged then you'll have to show documentation that you properly packed it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by candipogo
Usps does not take firearms anymore.

Wrong .

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Fed ex ground. Schedule a pick up online and they come to you to get it. Easy peasy

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by magnum44270
Fed ex ground. Schedule a pick up online and they come to you to get it. Easy peasy

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/how-to-ship-firearms.html

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BradArnett
Where's Bricktop? 😂

Laughing his ass off.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

USPS asks if your package contains any "liquid, fragile, perishable, potentially hazardous including lithium batteries........."............But they never ask the content.

And my answer is 'NO, as long as you don't try to eat it'

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What happens if there is an issue and the package gets opened? Not worth going to jail over for me.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What happens if there is an issue and the package gets opened? Not worth going to jail over for me.

Which carrier are you speaking of?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I believe this is a company policy, not a law.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
686 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,615
Posts18,398,454
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.