-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had the opportunity to buy several at my LGS and regret not buying one now. At the time, my initial impression was that they were just a bit too compact and light for my preference and I ended up going in another direction. I do however think they are very well designed and manufactured and I think the stock was made by AG if I'm not mistaken. AG stocks retail for $639 so that a pretty nice stock on what was an $1,800 rifle.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Poconojack
If it ever happens it won’t be the same gun and it will cost more.

Probably this.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by AZmark
Oh man, the grass is greener, sky more blue, life has meaning now!

For all the boomers that bought a half dozen to look at and never use, now might be the time to find some idiot that will pay 3.5k for yours.....prices could fall if they get put back into production.

I saw more Manbunners and tight ass Capri pants boys like yourself with them, all in 6.5 Creed man!

I guess the boomer comment cut deep. It was a joke, lighten up.

P.s. how many did you put away to look at?

That was quick! I guess the manbunn and capri pants must have hit home....It was a joke!
I got one in 308....traded work for it.....Put a 24" 7mm08 Lilja stainless #2 barrel on it, killed a couple Mulies with it....It's so-so, still like my Rem722 in 7mm08 better though.

Soooo I was pretty close. You? Not so much.

But at least you've actually used your holy grail gun.

Well you did get the boomer part right...and proud of it. I traded electrical work for it to a manbunn guy who couldn't figure out which end of a screwdriver to hold, he also had a 6.5 because it would kill anything!...hence the manbunn comment...
However to be serious, that 24" Lilja and my handloads give me more velocity and energy that my .270 with a Douglas 22". Now you can start the .270G jokes.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

For all the boomers that bought a half dozen to look at and never use, now might be the time to find some idiot that will pay 3.5k for yours.....prices could fall if they get put back into production.

I saw more Manbunners and tight ass Capri pants boys like yourself with them, all in 6.5 Creed man!

I guess the boomer comment cut deep. It was a joke, lighten up.

P.s. how many did you put away to look at?

That was quick! I guess the manbunn and capri pants must have hit home....It was a joke!
I got one in 308....traded work for it.....Put a 24" 7mm08 Lilja stainless #2 barrel on it, killed a couple Mulies with it....It's so-so, still like my Rem722 in 7mm08 better though.

Soooo I was pretty close. You? Not so much.

But at least you've actually used your holy grail gun.

Well you did get the boomer part right...and proud of it. I traded electrical work for it to a manbunn guy who couldn't figure out which end of a screwdriver to hold, he also had a 6.5 because it would kill anything!...hence the manbunn comment...
However to be serious, that 24" Lilja and my handloads give me more velocity and energy that my .270 with a Douglas 22". Now you can start the .270G jokes.

I have no issues with the 270win. It works, just like 6.5's of many flavors do.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The forums are so funny. Never got the wood for the Fieldcraft. It’s just a run of the mill hunting rifle. Not too much different than noslers rifle.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
The forums are so funny. Never got the wood for the Fieldcraft. It’s just a run of the mill hunting rifle. Not too much different than noslers rifle.

Like I said in other post, mines just so-so. It had ejection problems like a lot of them did, Barrett fixed that no problem...What I really hate about it is the stock fit, I like a skinny pistol grip like in the old classic wood stocks or like the Manners MCS-UC, so that with gloves on you can still get a good all around grip on it. Unfortunately Manners does not make one for the BF. It is super light and great to pack but for the first time in a long time I got the scope-eye a couple times.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
New MSRP will be $2349 . Still worth it IMO

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked really hard at a 6.5x55 and 270 Fieldcrafts and never liked the ergo's. They did not fit me, so I could not convince myself I needed or wanted one that badly.

Arcus Venator
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hoping they will lengthen the long action model and give them a 3.7" mag box or so. The 3" mag box and faster twist barrels are what I really like about the short action models.

Bb

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I can’t help but think you’re a midget type person if the Fieldcraft ergos don’t fit you.

There’s always barber College.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CRS
I looked really hard at a 6.5x55 and 270 Fieldcrafts and never liked the ergo's. They did not fit me, so I could not convince myself I needed or wanted one that badly.

Same here. Checked out a new one in 7-08 a few years back. Tried hard to like it, but much prefer my Montana's.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Poconojack
If it ever happens it won’t be the same gun and it will cost more.
This and then some

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teeder
Originally Posted by CRS

Same here. Checked out a new one in 7-08 a few years back. Tried hard to like it, but much prefer my Montana's.

A Montana fits me much better.

Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I can’t help but think you’re a midget type person if the Fieldcraft ergos don’t fit you.

There’s always barber College.

Not a midget, and do not dwell on the reason why. grin A firearm either fits or it does not. The quality is definitely there, and had they fit me, would probably own one. I can say the same thing about NULA's.

Last edited by CRS; 02/09/23.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've fired a variety of rifles that fit differently and I just shoulder them and shoot the dang things. Can't say I've missed what I was shooting at because of fit. Though I don't try to pass shoot birds with them. What didn't fit?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I remember thinking the barrels were all too short for the cartridge they were chambered for so I had no interest. Unless it's a magnum I prefer a 22 inch barrel for eveything.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

If I had any hair left it’d probably be in a bun.

I picked up a brand new 6.5 Craftbeer Fieldcraft with 22” threaded barrel for $1450 out the door. Promptly spray painted it, then used it to tag a speed goat and whitetail.

Now I just kind of look at it and whisper sweet nothings to it, wishing I could spend time hunting again…

"Pessimism never won any battle." - Dwight Eisenhower
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Looks like the Fieldcraft might actually go back into production based on what the new CEO said, appears to be a big fan of the .243 Fieldcraft.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...interview-with-new-barrett-ceo-rob-nioa/

You weren’t kidding. From the article:

But my absolute current favorite Barrett firearm is my .243 Barrett Fieldcraft, really, and that’s what I’m using hunting in the Australian outback at the moment. It is the best hunting rifle I’ve ever used and I love it.

It’s lightweight, I’ve got a really cool Leupold optic on it and there’s nothing I can’t shoot with that. And it is absolutely magnificent. So I’m really keen to see that fieldcraft production picked up again because I absolutely love the product.

Use it. Love it. Yeah.”

"Pessimism never won any battle." - Dwight Eisenhower
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
I've fired a variety of rifles that fit differently and I just shoulder them and shoot the dang things. Can't say I've missed what I was shooting at because of fit. Though I don't try to pass shoot birds with them. What didn't fit?

This was quite a few years ago, but LOP was too short, and drop was not conducive to optics lining up.

Arcus Venator
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
CRS, you must have one hell of a wingspan!

The comments from the new owner do sound encouraging for the possibility of it coming back.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
never did know the fieldcraft to have ejection problems
i guess to each their own...i like mine they shoot extremely well,have great triggers, eject better than any rifle i have owned and at 21 inches i am not really loosing anything in the calibers i have to a 22 or 24 inch barrel

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (300_savage, 257wthbylover, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 22 invisible), 1,876 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,499
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.