Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You bet. They don’t *want* you to remove them, but they have to be so they can replace the upholstery.

Last edited by K1500; 12/21/22.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Got 'em flipped. Just like the video.... Thanks 1500.
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I had to do the same thing to my Super Duty.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You are welcome, glad it worked. They are a pita to wear a cowboy hat in the regular way.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
23 year old me bought a new 93 Dodge just because I wanted it.
$1/gal diesel and 20mpg, it penciled out well against most full size
trucks then. No contest against a big block.

Still have it.

30 years later.

Diesel is more expensive than gas, EPA has ruined the mpg, DEF,
The lack of reliability, initial expense.......

The performance of modern gas engines.

One would have to be an idiot to buy a diesel today unless really heavy
pulling at grade was frequent.

I believe that I'm on my last diesel now. Outside of the fart box (travel trailer) most of my trailer towing is within 150 miles of home these days. The price of diesel is pushing me towards a gasser a little more each day. My next truck will be a Chevrolet 6.6 gasser

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
IC B2

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
2024 GMC/Chevy 10 speed transmission behind 6.6 gas

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The 2024 Chev with the 10 spd Allison paired up with the gasser will be a nice truck I think and pull well.

Rob
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We run 4 diesel trucks and the price of diesel really pizzes me off. But I sure can't see where buying a new gas truck can be more cost effective than my paid for diesel truck.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Flipped mine today and works just fine now with a cowboy hat on.

I was wrong the front seat is like the video and the rear seat has the buttons. But got it done.

Rob
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
When I got the f250 with the 7.3 gas I couldn't believe how light the front end felt.... or how heavy the diesel is. Definitely feels more nimble off road than the diesels.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by K1500
The new Chevy 2500’s went from a 6L90 to the new ‘Allison’ 10 speed, same as the diesel. I would assume a transmission they put behind a diesel would hold up well behind the gasser.

Yes, and going to the Allison is a smart move. The 6.6 gasser that's in Huntsman's truck has been getting good reviews from guys around here. Of course, we'll see what it's like after 150k.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Now If Chevy would make a 4500/5500 that looked like a normal Fugkin truck like Ford and Dodge.

Apparently they’re stopping production of the express/savana vans after next year too. Only option will be an EV platform.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Windfall
You mean that even the 1 ton rated trucks today have automatic hubs? I don’t even trust them on my half ton and up until recently the manual hubs were on the 3/4 ton Fords. I’m old so old school seemed just fine for me when I needed 4wd. If I got my feet muddy getting out and turning in the front hubs, that was on me for not being smart enough to realize that they should have been engaged already.
How recently? My 22 F250 has locking hubs with auto engagement. I think I want to delete the auto engagement though because there are times when I want use 4 low without locking the front axle.

Last edited by smarquez; 02/03/23.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
My son's employer (forest management) is a fleet buyer. They gave up on diesels long ago, just didn't pencil out. Since they went gas, they have tried Dodge, GMC, and now Ford. None seems better than another, so far. Dodges ate cams and lifters after warranty. GMC's transmission failures after warranty, Fords are just now getting up past warranty and it's not looking good. Every truck has had automatic 4x4 hub failure (warranty), broken windshields from ill fitting body panels (warranty denied), multiple wiring harness connector failures, cab leaks, excessive tire wear (warranty denied). Company policy has evolved to try to roll the fleet over at 200,000. They put on a lot of miles in a year. I'm not pushing any brand of pickup here, just passing it on. Word is company is regretting providing pickups, used to be employee supplied pickup and was reimbursed mileage, but the workmen's insurance carrier said don't do that for legal reasons.
Yeah, employee driven trucks get hammered. It's not like they are making insurance and car payments on it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
My 22 F250 has locking hubs with auto engagement. I think I want to delete the auto engagement though because there are times when I want use 4 low without locking the front axle.

I've had manual locking hubs fail too. As long as you use 4X4 on a regular basis to keep everything lubricated automatic hubs do pretty good. The only time I've seen either type fail was when they weren't used for a long time and the lack of lubrication prevented them from locking when needed.

I've owned a 4x4 of some sort since 1976. Back when there were 3 sticks in the floor and manual locking hubs it was easy to use 2wd low range. But they used to put warning labels in the cab warning drivers not to. I watched one person snap a U-Joint doing that. I suppose if you're careful and just need to go slow and aren't trying to pull much weight in 2wd low it would be OK.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
boss bought another gasser for me. A 2015 F-250 6.2. Needed a plowtruck so that's what he found for me. Gotta pull/swap the flatbed off the blown '08, but I'll wait till it's warmer and drier out.....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JMR40
My 22 F250 has locking hubs with auto engagement. I think I want to delete the auto engagement though because there are times when I want use 4 low without locking the front axle.

I've had manual locking hubs fail too. As long as you use 4X4 on a regular basis to keep everything lubricated automatic hubs do pretty good. The only time I've seen either type fail was when they weren't used for a long time and the lack of lubrication prevented them from locking when needed.

I've owned a 4x4 of some sort since 1976. Back when there were 3 sticks in the floor and manual locking hubs it was easy to use 2wd low range. But they used to put warning labels in the cab warning drivers not to. I watched one person snap a U-Joint doing that. I suppose if you're careful and just need to go slow and aren't trying to pull much weight in 2wd low it would be OK.
With my 85 Suburban with Warn manuals, I would only do it backing into tight or steep places with my trailer hooked up. I'd be surprised if I ever went more than 40' at a time.

Last edited by smarquez; 02/09/23.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 204guy, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 55 invisible), 3,156 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.