Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Did you ladies feel that? The World IS righter now. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Now to come FULL fhuqking circle,things done did change. Hint.(grin)

Literally night & day. The transition is fhuqking with my head and I don't totally get it,other than I was MPAJ yesterday. EVERYTHING muchly improved,in regards to the view,which by default "strengthened" the reticle. Cain't recall that happening before,but it's a NICE "problem" to have. Things just got MUCH warmer and fuzzier. Hint.

Now I GOTTA go shoot. Hint....................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looks like you should be able to pick off Aborigine midgets on the dark side of the moon!

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
Good review. Thank you.

I was thinking of one for the little 6 ARC.

That would make a good match!

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by beretzs
Good review. Thank you.

I was thinking of one for the little 6 ARC.

That would make a good match!

🦫

I’be been slacking on getting it set up. I have a feeling it’ll be fun. Those little 6 ARCs with Hornadys 108 factory ammo as pretty damn fun.

Amazing how well them itty bitty cases make stuff happen.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The transition from ARKEN 30mm LW 4-16x to BTR Gen2 2-12x,is less than two ounces. For two ounces,I'll scramble to take locking turrets,better illumination,10 Mil's per revolution and almost another 10 Mil's of added erector travel. Hint.

Just sayin'................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Stick,

I bought one of the 2-12 a couple of months ago and really like it. I intentionally drop tested it and it held zero great but am concerned because on another forum three of them failed the drop testing.

I know you have several of these scopes. Would you mind sharing your thoughts on those test results?

Thanks

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IDMilton
Stick,

I bought one of the 2-12 a couple of months ago and really like it. I intentionally drop tested it and it held zero great but am concerned because on another forum three of them failed the drop testing.

I know you have several of these scopes. Would you mind sharing your thoughts on those test results?

Thanks

Someone wants to see Stick do a Michael Jordan with his Arken onto the rocks.

Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I reset zero stop (1) "click" off bottom of total erector travel,to pad the Vudoo 40MOA rail. Ended up being PERFECT. Erector had to go back 1.3 Mil's right,to "correct" for Vudoo concentricity,which put it .2 Ml's to left of mechanical center. Flung a high wind 100yd Trio and they were hovering where needed,for the prescribed 125yd zero(+.2 Mil's). Hint.

Conditions were/are shy of "perfect". Was gunning a blacked 100yd Annie 54 come-up 5-shot 100yd cluster,from yesterday,which was in better but not "good" conditions. Same scope. Hint.

The 'Horn' is on his way ever and probably going to talk me into something new. OLDEST "Trick" in The Book. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the nice review. Those Arken scopes look nice.

The ARKEN 30mm LW 4-16x would work for me.

Texas
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Stick,

Thanks

Someone wants to see Stick do a Michael Jordan with his Arken onto the rocks.

Lol

🦫
I’d pay a good peso to see that

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Gentle Reader,

Perhaps you could make a list of wares I can purchase,which will not effect your VERY Tender Feelers,or Raging Estrogen Levels,let along jeopardize your "esteemed" Professional Victim Status? I am at ease in fielding wares,that are the culmination of a US Navy SEAL's first hand ideals,but your feelings concern me. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

B,

In the 15 years I've been acquainted with your verbiage, I think this is one of the most cogent expressions of yours of which I"ve had the pleasure.

TFF,

ya!

GWB

That was very well done for sure, I'll agree.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Stick,

Thanks

I can't know who did what,when or where...nor do I give a schit. Hint.

I simply shoot and have yet to see one falter,in any fashion. Lotsa pards are gunning them too and nobody buys glass to coddle. Mounting systems matter,as do ring spacing and I tend to give such things a thunk. Hint.

The 'Horn' had one in tow,on a new rifle. Hint.

If/when something Pukes,I tend to bring it up. Hint................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most people I know that had a gun drop.
Would check it afterwards anyways.
I would.....
Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OP: Thanks for putting this together, Now, all we need is some inventory.
BS, I think you talked me into a 2-12. That should meet all my needs. Or, 3 of them.

Again, thanks.

Last edited by Hammerdown; 02/04/23.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Pards be cashing checks

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Form says they are sh&t.........he's a pro you know...laughing.

"Rock slide rube"

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
'Stick, thanks for taking the time to do this.

BTW, the patina on the Annie is pretty cool. wink

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ordered two yesterday after seeing Doug posted they were a new dealer for them.

Read a little on the company, what motivated me is two Things:
1. Camera Land is carrying them.. and backs up what they sell.
2. Developed by former Navy Seals, guys who know what they are talking about., and VETERANS..

Schtick had no input on my purchase...

but Kudos for not having a Big Chip on his shoulder for once in a long while. This was a pleasant read overall.

Still think he learned to talk, by mom putting him on the living room floor and have him watching the Muppets all day while she was at work,
and he learned to talk, modeling Fozzie the Bear.....sentence structure is identical...

Stumpy must buy his scopes, 20 at a time... will find a rifle to put them on later...

so Super Chickens are out on Prince of Wales Island, and Athlon and Arken are IN??

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Al,

That rifle is THE Sleeper and really fhuqks with heads. It looks like an Annie 54(because it is),so it should "shoot",but when intertwined with The Herd,it often gets lost in the crowd. I've often used it in the past,for folks to set the hook on themselves and that rifle has sold alotta rifles and alotta scopes. With the 10x MQ back on board in original configuration,it do fair to middlin' at Long Range with 65 MOA of inclination,so it is a 42 Mil "all in" mechanical platform. I need to have Bob do another run of 75MOA extended 1913 54 Annie rails. 50 Mil's is where I'd rather be. Hint.(grin)

The rolling flame patina adds to it's friendliness,but is a fhuqking stone cold HAMMER. Once it breaks day,I'll flog on it,to confirm zero. Hint....................

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The transition from ARKEN 30mm LW 4-16x to BTR Gen2 2-12x,is less than two ounces. For two ounces,I'll scramble to take locking turrets,better illumination,10 Mil's per revolution and almost another 10 Mil's of added erector travel. Hint.

Just sayin'................

That’s about where I landed.

Semper Fi
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 1_deuce, 41 invisible), 1,921 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,719
Posts18,457,212
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.