Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Doug, can you clearly indicate Country of Origin for all your products.

Can you add a search filter to only show selected Countries?

I would greatly appreciate this. My wife purchased a set of binoculars several years ago for me after speaking with one of your sales people. It was a Japanese brand but they were marked made in China. I almost divorced my wife over this. Through them straight in the trash.

Please help identify this for all products or we will not make any more purchases.

Sincerely,

Alps

God Bless America
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Better toss whatever device you are using to make this thread.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
^^^^^^that

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by UncleAlps

I would greatly appreciate this. My wife purchased a set of binoculars several years ago for me after speaking with one of your sales people. It was a Japanese brand but they were marked made in China. I almost divorced my wife over this. Through them straight in the trash.

Please help identify this for all products or we will not make any more purchases.

Sincerely,

Alps

How about you do the research and post it up here for all of us? It's your responsibility to know what you're buying.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

https://www.sammobile.com/where-are-samsung-phones-made

Samsung actually shut down its last remaining smartphone factory in China this year. As of 2019, the company is not making any phones in the People’s Republic. It previously had two factories in China but as Samsung’s market share fell below 1% in the country, it had to scale back production. It no longer makes financial sense for Samsung to manufacture phones in China. Which is why it has now stopped doing that.

God Bless America
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Sincerely,

Alps

How about you do the research and post it up here for all of us? It's your responsibility to know what you're buying.

No, you are incorrect. It's the retailer who is responsible to disclose this.

God Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

https://www.sammobile.com/where-are-samsung-phones-made

Samsung actually shut down its last remaining smartphone factory in China this year. As of 2019, the company is not making any phones in the People’s Republic. It previously had two factories in China but as Samsung’s market share fell below 1% in the country, it had to scale back production. It no longer makes financial sense for Samsung to manufacture phones in China. Which is why it has now stopped doing that.
Where are the parts coming from that make those phones??

I work in a factory that produces lawn equipment, box says Made in USA. Most parts we use are made in USA but then you get into what those parts are made of and 99% of the small parts that make larger parts are Chink made.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
^^^THIS^^^

Country of Origin.

(Country of origin on U.S. imports is for general information purposes only. Reliance solely on this general information may not be considered reasonable care. Recognizing that many complicated factors may be involved in origin issues (raw materials are from one country while the product is assembled in another)

Country of Origin don't mean $ch!t if chink parts made in china are shipped and assembled elsewhere. They have been fooling people for years.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Wonder if pre-enjoyed stuff bought here that is not USA made, from a seller in the Classifieds, be held to the same standard?

Quien Sabe,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya
Wonder if pre-enjoyed stuff bought here that is not USA made, from a seller in the Classifieds, be held to the same standard?

Quien Sabe,

GWB
Depends if one is a Union feller or not.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jc189
^^^THIS^^^

Country of Origin.

(Country of origin on U.S. imports is for general information purposes only. Reliance solely on this general information may not be considered reasonable care. Recognizing that many complicated factors may be involved in origin issues (raw materials are from one country while the product is assembled in another)

Country of Origin don't mean $ch!t if chink parts made in china are shipped and assembled elsewhere. They have been fooling people for years.

I reckon you should all just quit trying then.

That's what I would do to.......if I was a quitter.

God Bless America
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone else want to answer for Doug?

Any other pro CCP dick weasels hiding in the straw pile?

God Bless America
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
^^^THIS^^^

Country of Origin.

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor!

Jubilation T Cornpone...... the first to say I quit!

ya!

GWB

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
^^^THIS^^^

Country of Origin.

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor!

Jubilation T Cornpone...... the first to say I quit!

ya!

GWB

Are you one of the cast in the video?

TFF

God Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nobody ever said Pro CCP.

I guess everything you own is 100^ manufactured from 100% USA parts that are made from 100% USA sourced material?

I buy all I can that is USA made but I also realize many of the USA made products are made from imported parts.

Keep on trolling.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

By any chance would you detail how much time you spent this year of our Lord 2023 communicating with your elected congressmen and senators in regards to being bought by the CCP?

I"d bet they do a lot more damage to this country than a businessman selling and servicing a legit product, such as the fellow for whom you seem to have so much opprobrium!

ya!

GWB

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

TFF

Lame,

Surely you can do better!

ya!

GWB

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

TFF

Lame,

ya!

GWB

I'll forgive you for your ignorance, General CP.

God Bless America
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

Sincerely,

Alps

Who is WE , I did not vote for your representation.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose.
It was written to limit the power of government over the individual
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

TFF

Lame,

ya!

GWB

More lame!

Speaking of buying American...........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Quien Sabe,

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Sincerely,

Alps

If it was as clear a task as you think it would be done. Just because something is assembled in one place doesn't mean the internals weren't sourced somewhere else. In some cases every part can be sourced from China and the tube of a riflescope can be made in the USA and it is all assembled in the USA and it can be marked made in the USA

The only brand that puts COO on the product spread sheets we receive is Burris and we have posted their product list with COO.

Sightron, to the best of my knowledge, is the only Pacific Rim brand that does not make any of their riflescopes in China, only Philippines and Japan.

Swarovski, Kahles, Tangent Theta, Leica & Nightforce do not have anything that is "made in China", however, I cannot say that none of the internal pieces parts don't come from China.

Hawke, at this time, is made in China, however, at our SHOT Show meeting Hawke mentioned they are working on getting product sourced elsewhere.

iRay, Konus, Sightmark the Revic Rangefinder are made in China.

Pulsar, for the most part, is made in Belarus

Element, GPO, Bushnell, Zeiss, Sig Sauer and Kowa are sourced from multiple places but do not have a clear COO spreadsheet as Burris does

Athlon is made in China with the exception of their Cronus riflescopes which are made in Japan.

Steiner is mostly Germany and USA, with some of their entry level binoculars from China.

Meopta is mostly Czech Republic and some USA assembly, with some of their entry level binoculars from China.

We are always happy to discuss individual products with you all if you'd like to call before making a purchase rather than just going to the web site.

What I will say again, we do not support Chinese direct companies like Vector Optics, who are direct China brands vs USA companies that have product made in China. There is a distinct difference. Also, I say again, there is no way to know who sources what pieces parts in their products from where. The rules of stating "Made in XYZ" are very vague on what % needs to be what in order to claim this detail.

I hope this information is helpful

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHutch
^^^^^^that

No, not that. There are no reasonable alternatives to our devices. There are a lot of reasonable non-Chinese options for scopes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

TFF

Lame,

ya!

GWB

More lame!

Quien Sabe,

GWB

lololololololol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
^^^^^^that

No, not that. There are no reasonable alternatives to our devices. There are a lot of reasonable non-Chinese options for scopes.

Yes that. There is an option but some would say it's unreasonable.

Get rid of everything around you that is made in China or has even 1 single part or piece in it that's made in China and you will be surprised at what little you have left.

I am not against buying Made in USA whenever possible but I realize Made in USA doesn't mean what it sounds like.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/04/23.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
^^^^^^that

Well, there ya go. Whatever Chinese scope someone might buy, there is inarguably a reasonable alternative for about the same price with the same features and performance. If you could steer me toward a $250 Chromebook that is not made in China, I'd be grateful.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Yes sir,

and a prudent response to certain 'nattering nabobs of negativism'.

It's no wonder that you are successful!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02/04/23.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
^^^^^^that

Well, there ya go. Whatever Chinese scope someone might buy, there is inarguably a reasonable alternative for about the same price with the same features and performance. If you could steer me toward a $250 Chromebook that is not made in China, I'd be grateful.
Not a Google supporter so I am of no help.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Sincerely,

Alps

If it was as clear a task as you think it would be done. Just because something is assembled in one place doesn't mean the internals weren't sourced somewhere else. In some cases every part can be sourced from China and the tube of a riflescope can be made in the USA and it is all assembled in the USA and it can be marked made in the USA

The only brand that puts COO on the product spread sheets we receive is Burris and we have posted their product list with COO.

Sightron, to the best of my knowledge, is the only Pacific Rim brand that does not make any of their riflescopes in China, only Philippines and Japan.

Swarovski, Kahles, Tangent Theta, Leica & Nightforce do not have anything that is "made in China", however, I cannot say that none of the internal pieces parts don't come from China.

Hawke, at this time, is made in China, however, at our SHOT Show meeting Hawke mentioned they are working on getting product sourced elsewhere.

Element, GPO, Bushnell, Zeiss, Sig Sauer and Kowa are sourced from multiple places but do not have a clear COO spreadsheet as Burris does

Athlon is made in China with the exception of their Cronus riflescopes which are made in Japan.

Steiner is mostly Germany and USA, with some of their entry level binoculars from China.

Meopta is mostly Czech Republic and some USA assembly, with some of their entry level binoculars from China.

We are always happy to discuss individual products with you all if you'd like to call before making a purchase rather than just going to the web site.

What I will say again, we do not support Chinese direct companies like Vector Optics, who are direct China brands vs USA companies that have product made in China. There is a distinct difference. Also, I say again, there is no way to know who sources what pieces parts in their products from where. The rules of stating "Made in XYZ" are very vague on what % needs to be what in order to claim this detail.

Doug,

Thank you for the reply. I would like to simplify this request:

Will you divulge what country a product you sell is from (labeled on the scope, binocular or whatever) so that we know before we choose to buy it?

That is all I ask.

Thank you,

Alps

God Bless America
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This has become a silly debate. Whether to purchase products that are made in a given country does not have to be “all or none.” I cannot fault a guy for trying to minimize support going to a certain country for whatever reason, even if it’s unreasonable to reduce that support to 0. What doesn’t make sense to me are the arguments suggesting that if supporting manufacturing in a given country (used to be Germany/Japan, now it’s China) is inevitable in some minimal amount, then giving full support without a second thought is also inevitable, or at least justifiable. The notion of destroying everything you own that was made in a place you don’t like, also makes no sense. The concern is what the future holds and how our current actions influence that future. Whatever support was given in the past is done, a “sunk cost.”

I can see the logic behind both sides of the debate, but I do think that listing COO is useful, where possible, to at least indicate how much of the manufacturing process may occur in a country one wishes to avoid. That allows each customer to make decisions based on what is important to them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doug,

Will you divulge what country a product you sell is from (labeled on the scope, binocular or whatever) so that we know before we choose to buy it?

That is all I ask.

Thank you,

Alps

I will speak with our web builder to see if moving forward, as new product is added on the site, if COO can be added. As we have an excess of 25,000 pages on our site we cannot go back and edit all those pages.

I appreciate your input and we will work on this moving forward. Thanks for the suggestion

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Doug next they will be asking you to raise their children…

Heaven forbid people do some actual research before buying any product.

This forum is never not entertaining…

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Sincerely,

Alps

Doug,

That is all I ask.

Thank you,

Alps

TFF

Lame,

ya!

GWB

More lame!

Quien Sabe,

GWB

General Coneporn, you have really let yourself go!

Regarding your not so hidden message: I'll buy an O and a U and let you figure out the rest. That's all.

Otherwise I'd offer to buy you a beer if you would just clean yourself up a little.

God Bless America
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Doug,

That is all I ask.

Thank you,

Alps

I will speak with our web builder to see if moving forward, as new product is added on the site, if COO can be added. As we have an excess of 25,000 pages on our site we cannot go back and edit all those pages.

I appreciate your input and we will work on this moving forward. Thanks for the suggestion

Thank you, Doug.

I appreciate your sincere reply.

Attached Images
th-2632016068.jpg (18.11 KB, 521 downloads)

God Bless America
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
General Coneporn, you have really let yourself go!

Regarding your not so hidden message: I'll buy an O and a U and let you figure out the rest. That's all.

Otherwise I'd offer to buy you a beer if you would just clean yourself up a little.

I would say tact and wit are not your strong suit, but that would be gauche.......

ya!

GWB

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
For those who refuse to buy anything made in China, what modern optics have you chosen?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Sincerely,

Alps

I'll bet losing you as a customer is going to put Doug right out of business. Fuggn clown.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
To all you CCP loving dick weasels, I salute you also:

Attached Images
th-2273621348.jpg (5.77 KB, 475 downloads)

God Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sincerely,

Alps

Spoken like a liberal - kowtow or you shall be cancelled.
Do your own damn homework.

And I'm guessing if your wife is buying a binocular for you, you're not exactly the discerning type.

WWP53D
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
To all you CCP loving dick weasels, I salute you also:
lmao , you're a [bleep] retard

if mine something from China that actually works and the price is right shows them but if they produce a good product at a fair price they can get a market trade. when you don't buy the cheap [bleep] that breaks that they produce that teaches them not to produce cheap [bleep].
unfortunately your mom will never learned this either when she produced you she produced the cheap piece of [bleep]

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Don't feed the troll.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by SKane

Sincerely,

Alps

Spoken like a liberal - kowtow or you shall be cancelled.
Do your own damn homework.

And I'm guessing if your wife is buying a binocular for you, you're not exactly the discerning type.

Like he has a wife.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Silly me...Here I thought artificial intelligence was centered around computers, robots and algorithms.

Doug has been asked to perform an impossible task. Sticking with optics, it is almost certain that the parts come from several countries, assembly may be done in a couple of different ones as well, with some sub assemblies put together at someplace they were not made. It is, in my opinion certainly not the responsibility of Doug or any other retailer to ferret out COO data. That is the responsibility of the company whose name the product bears. They can be upfront about it, or not. Some of the people Doug will have to ask about this kind of thing may be constrained as to the degree of data they can give out. Contracts with the OEM in question may well prohibit, specifically and in writing, what can and can't be told. To the degree that "Made in a Good Place" can be overused to benefit sales, it will be done. The other side of the coin is that "Made in a Bad Place" can be suppressed benefit sales so will that be done.

The best advice I can give is to do some due diligence before you buy. Use the phone and make a couple of phone calls, either to a dealer like Doug, or to the company whose name is on the product. Ask some questions without being a dick, and see how they respond. Some will be very upfront about their sourcing, some less so. Use this to make your choice.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sincerely,

Alps

Oh, for fücks sake, dude!

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
AuntAlps must be menopausal

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Where’s Bricktop??

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
^^^^^^that

That (the device) was the point, you coonass.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know it’s a troll, but let’s talk about your wife buying you something and you throwing it in the trash and you almost divorcing her for it.

OP is a bigger piece of [bleep] than any China binos.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
I know it’s a troll, but let’s talk about your wife buying you something and you throwing it in the trash and you almost divorcing her for it.

Yep, cro-magnon man and his wife must have quite the relationship.

WWP53D
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Doug has to be questioning his career Choice right about now......

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
“ Please help identify this for all products or we will not make any more purchases.”

What in the world makes you think Camera Land wants your business after that comment? They don’t.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'll take scheitt that never happened for $200.00 Alex.

If they was bought from Doug, they could have went right back in the box for a refund.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not a troll.....some people are just that fuggin stupid. What a piece of entitled sh&t.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
^^^^^^that

She's NO coonass.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
^^^^^^that

Swing and a miss on several levels.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Thanks Doug for the info. As for me , I look at everything I buy to see where it's made. There are times I walk away and find a different way to get the job done. It is amazing how much is out there that is not Chinese. I pay more for it , but so many times you get the same quality for the same, a little more or little less. As for looking to see where everything is made, I have noticed huge amounts of product that is not made in China anymore that used to be. I even bought a skills blade made in USA. I can't remember the last time I saw that. The red ones were Italy,,, so be it, but the last one was USA. There is little doubt China hates us , and would love nothing more than to se us destroy ourselves and our freedoms. I will gladly not use a scope anymore and go back to iron or peep sights. Half my deer were shot with iron and peep sights. Or, I can just keep using my 35 yr. old Leupold 4x12 .. it is getting foggy though. I heard two times now that Mexico can make a product cheaper than China. I would love to buy from a neighbor . Central America and Africa is going to be the new China . I even bought into a Brazil ETF ( EWZ Ticker) . Pays 11% dives so I think we will take back market share and give to central America . Tons of stuff coming from very poor countries, like Haiti , Philippines, ETC. Better than China all day long.

Last edited by ihookem; 02/05/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody here use Milwaukee tools?

Keep giving Chinky your $$ but don't buy a scope from them.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/05/23.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Bull sh it… It’s your responsibility to research where your money goes.

Originally Posted by JGRaider

Sincerely,

Alps

No, you are incorrect. It's the retailer who is responsible to disclose this.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
in college I worked in a GM plant for close to two years...
Or sectional relief guy, only believed that you should buy American...

One of the other departmental guys, told RED that I had bought a new car and it was foreign..
He came down to my station, on a break and started giving me crap for buying a foreign car.

That drew a crowd, and after he asked what did I buy, I told him a VW.
"Well that's not a foreign car.. they make those right here in America.. they have a factory in Pennsylvania"

Everyone started laughing...Red tells them, "I only buy American and I have a VW I commute to work here for the last 10 years"
Someone asks then, how come there are so many of them in Germany? His response was "we ship them there from here"

Once he found out that they were made in Germany, he got rid of it and bought a big old Buick off the plant bullet board, that had been one of the exec's cars...

I wonder if Uncle Alps, is related to RED...our relief guy back in the early 70s at the GM plant I worked at.

GM makes a lot of their vehicles in foreign countries nowadays....not the good old USA any more

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

No I buy Dewalt and the ones that are assembled in the USA. .. That is as close as you are going to get , and that is why I dont buy Miwlaukee. Milwaukee is even owned by a Chinese guy. I know so , cause I knew the guy who was the chief engineer for the Lithium battery for Milwaukee. I still buy milwaukee electric sawmills and I think the last one was made in USA , if you can believe that. Like I said, if we work together and do all we can to avoid China , our country will be much better off instead of defending out purchases . There was a time when hunters and fisherman were fiercely loyal to American product. That seems to have went away. Just buy as little Chinese as you can . If we do, we will bring down the country. Many other countries are avoiding China too. It is working. About 20% of the young men in China are unemployed because the world sees them as a threat. Donald Trump was right.

Last edited by ihookem; 02/05/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ihookem

No I buy Dewalt and the ones that are assembled in the USA. .. That is as close as you are going to get , and that is why I dont buy Miwlaukee. Milwaukee is even owned by a Chinese guy. I know so , cause I knew the guy who was the chief engineer for the Lithium battery for Milwaukee. I still buy milwaukee electric sawmills and I think the last one was made in USA , if you can believe that. Like I said, if we work together and do all we can to avoid China , our country will be much better off instead of defending out purchases . There was a time when hunters and fisherman were fiercely loyal to American product. That seems to have went away. Just buy as little Chinese as you can . If we do, we will bring down the country. Many other countries are avoiding China too. It is working. About 20% of the young men in China are unemployed because the world sees them as a threat. Donald Trump was right.
I am right there with you. Buy as little of it as I can.

Never was defending but there is a lot of stuff out there that isn't directly made in China bit is comprised of a lot of Chinky parts. Sometimes it is very hard to get away from it.

Outfit I work for was losing business due to some of our products being assembled with a Cheena made part. They have started bringing those parts back home and making them here.

Also, going to have to get after some of this younger bunch to take a little pride in their work. Some of what I see doesn't make a US made product any better than an import just because the workmanship and craftsmanship absolutely suck.

The hard to find quality help these days is a real thing. They are out there but few and far between.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/05/23.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doug class act, OP hateful jerk.

D
DBC Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
OP could have approached the matter better and, in followup posts, not said some of things he said, BUT I commend him on wanting to do the best he can to avoid China. I take the same approach and am quite fine with spending multiples more for a given product to have it American made vs China. Having said that, to those that have bagged on him and made childish insults and stupid comments, what's wrong with him wanting to minimize support of China? What are you doing to minimize support of China? Just because it's "impossible" doesn't mean one shouldn't try. No, it's not always easy either. But, to me and others like me (OP is one), it's the right thing to do. I love the USA, but I don't love where we are. I know the part I'm doing is trivial at most, but it seems like I'm (again, OP, too) doing a lot more than many of you. If you're an American you should be ashamed of simply throwing your hands up, you're part of the problem. GTFO.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Last edited by CashisKing; 02/06/23.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Sincerely,

Alps

I think you a cuck bullchitter...

------------------------------------------

Doug is a fantastic guy... The whole Cameraland group actually...

They try their ass off at helping folks.

They will ALWAYS have my support.

If a man hates China... blame that on .GOV and corporate greed... NOT RESELLERS like Cameraland.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Dewalt
https://www.allamericanmade.com/where-are-dewalt-tools-made/

Still from China, other places too but they have things built and use the parts.

“Lighten up Francis”
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Bingo. Sounds like she should have divorced him over it if it really happened.

2 Kings 2:23-24
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If I was your wife, I'd buy you two sets of Made in the CCP binoculars next time and rejoice after the divorce.

Fuggin idiot, it amazes me at how lazy people have become that a few minutes of googling on the porcelain throne wouldn't supply the answer.

Why'd you wait several years to bitch about it? I doubt that any binoculars/product was purchased from Cameralandny.com by anyone in your household.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by micky

Dewalt
https://www.allamericanmade.com/where-are-dewalt-tools-made/

Still from China, other places too but they have things built and use the parts.

Dewalt was purchased by Black and Decker about 15 years ago along with Porter Cable

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
A
ATC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Why not just return the binoculars instead of trashing them and threatening to divorce the wife? A little drastic considering all the great thing I've heard about dealings with Doug. He probably would have made things right. Seems like the OP just wants to be a little drama queen.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I just assume if the place of manufacture isn't listed, it's Chinese.
Safe bet the last decade or two.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I guess some folks are too dumb to look stuff up for them selves.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I find it interesting that anything in the optics forum made in China gets called out big time, but in all the generator threads everyone spews loving and glowing reviews of their Harbor Freight Chi-com units, without anyone protesting at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I find it interesting that anything in the optics forum made in China gets called out big time, but in all the generator threads everyone spews loving and glowing reviews of their Harbor Freight Chi-com units, without anyone protesting at all.

Cost of HF gen vs Honda?

Cost of CCP scope vs closest Non-CCP competition?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks Doug for the info. As for me , I look at everything I buy to see where it's made. There are times I walk away and find a different way to get the job done. It is amazing how much is out there that is not Chinese. I pay more for it , but so many times you get the same quality for the same, a little more or little less. As for looking to see where everything is made, I have noticed huge amounts of product that is not made in China anymore that used to be. I even bought a skills blade made in USA. I can't remember the last time I saw that. The red ones were Italy,,, so be it, but the last one was USA. There is little doubt China hates us , and would love nothing more than to se us destroy ourselves and our freedoms. I will gladly not use a scope anymore and go back to iron or peep sights. Half my deer were shot with iron and peep sights. Or, I can just keep using my 35 yr. old Leupold 4x12 .. it is getting foggy though. I heard two times now that Mexico can make a product cheaper than China. I would love to buy from a neighbor . Central America and Africa is going to be the new China . I even bought into a Brazil ETF ( EWZ Ticker) . Pays 11% dives so I think we will take back market share and give to central America . Tons of stuff coming from very poor countries, like Haiti , Philippines, ETC. Better than China all day long.

Best and most thoughtful post on this entire wreck of a thread........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Doug and the guys at Cameraland have always been class acts. Anyone that’s too lazy to do their own research about a product deserves what they get.

The hypocrisy of owning or having Chinese products knows no bounds…

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The consumer is responsible for researching his/her purchase.
With the web, it doesn't take much effort.
Yet people still complain.

Doug and the gang at Camerland answer PM's and phones.
Doesn't get any more simple than that.

Last edited by hookeye; 02/13/23.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Cost of HF gen vs Honda?

Flushed out a Chi-com lover?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Cost of HF gen vs Honda?

Flushed out a Chi-com lover?

If you haven't noticed yet, that moron talks out of both sides of his mouth. Chinese cellphones are fine by him because there's few options. Chinese optics are bad. Now apparently if the cost savings is high enough, Chinese generators are fine.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I almost divorced my wife over this. Through them straight in the trash.

Sincerely,

Alps

Right on!

Next time that sammich ain’t ready when you want it, be sure to give her a little tap, make sure she knows what’s expected.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 7 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,547
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.