Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Stopped by a local sporting store today, just to check on powder supply.
I noticed he had several kinds on the shelf, then I noticed the H4350.
After looking at the $60 price tag, no wonder it's still there.

I'm glad I already have 10 lbs.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The last bottle I saw was $50 a lb about 3 weeks ago. Varget was the same price.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
$46.95 for H4350 and Varget at my LGS. I bought a 1lb TAC from there today for $31.95 which i think is a rather good price these days...Hb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The last time i saw H4350 round here (bout a month ago) it was about $50 a # and $379.99 for an 8# keg... They sold it all pretty quick... 3 yrs ago i was lookin' for a few lbs and stumbled on to 3 1#rs @ $30 ea. and an 8#r @ $208... Needless to say i snapped it up real quick...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
At least they are making it and shipping it out to stores. That is a good thing.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
$360 for 8#

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Certainly not typical, but I recently bought 8# H4350 for $120.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

Very nice. Can't beat that. Probably from a friend or widow.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
At least they are making it and shipping it out to stores. That is a good thing.

Maybe not for much longer.

The French and Australian governments announced last week that they are going to join forces and produce 155mm artillery shells for Ukraine. Australia is going to provide the powder. Guess where that will be made? You guessed it.....at the ADI powder plant, which makes H4350, which is ultimately owned by a French company (Thales I believe). I'm hazarding a guess and assume that a large military contract will take precedence over sporting purposes.

So get it why you can............even at US$60 a pound.

AR2209 (H4350) is AU$139 here for 1kg (2.2 lbs) just for interest.

PS: IMR may need to resurrect their Enduron line of powders again.

Last edited by Elvis; 02/05/23.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Elvis

Maybe not for much longer.

The French and Australian governments announced last week that they are going to join forces and produce 155mm artillery shells for Ukraine. Australia is going to provide the powder. Guess where that will be made? You guessed it.....at the ADI powder plant which is ultimately owned by a French company (Thales I believe). I'm hazarding a guess and assume that a large military contract will take precedence over sporting purposes.

So get it why you can............even at US$60 a pound.

AR2209 (H4350) is AU$139 here for 1kg (2.2 lbs) just for interest.

PS: IMR may need to resurrect their Enduron line of powders again.

Thanks for your post Elvis. I guess I'll get more tomorrow. The LGS has about 5 pounds of it on the shelf.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a bit over 6kg (13lb) of 2209/H4350 and I was wondering if I should pick up another kilo bottle or two.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
One of my buddies paid $65/pound when it was really hard to find last year. He bought 5 pounds of it. I told him he should hold off, but he panicked. A few months later it was $50/pound in my area and I told him, see you should have waited like I told you.. It's still at $50/pound here. Last I looked at the Hodgdon site, it was more than that and then you had to pay hazmat and shipping on top of that. Buying locally is far less money, for a lot of people. Just how I see it. Midsouth even lists it for $50.21, but it's rarely in stock. When/if you order it, you may get lucky with free shipping, but you still have to pay hazmat..

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for the heads up Elvis, time to stock up and hopefully I can find this cheaper than $60/lb.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

Very nice. Can't beat that. Probably from a friend or widow.

Friend.

He even went through the hassle of getting his hazmat certification, so he could ship it. Took him months of jumping through hoops to get it.

He's in his mid 80's. I'm gonna stay in touch with his widow...

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 02/05/23.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Saw it on line on Friday, at either Mid South , Graf & Sons, or Natchez...

They had it in stock, and it was like $47 or so a pound... it was definitely under $50 a pound where ever I saw it..

I don't need it at that price, but then I bought when things were cheap under Trump...and I don't use a lot of 4350 any more these days..

but passing that along, for those of you that are looking for it..

I was surprised to see retailers having powder on line that has been "out of stock" since President Dumbass was sworn in Jan 2021.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Plenty of H4350 in my neck of the retail woods. Out the door it's ~$55 / lb. Don't recall what 8lb's cost.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
Saw it on line on Friday, at either Mid South , Graf & Sons, or Natchez...

They had it in stock, and it was like $47 or so a pound... it was definitely under $50 a pound where ever I saw it..

I don't need it at that price, but then I bought when things were cheap under Trump...and I don't use a lot of 4350 any more these days..

but passing that along, for those of you that are looking for it..

I was surprised to see retailers having powder on line that has been "out of stock" since President Dumbass was sworn in Jan 2021.

I guess it all evens out in the end. Some sites offer free shipping, but their powder is $50/pound, and others don't have free shipping and their powder costs $47/pound. You still end up paying hazmat though. By the time you add that up, you might as well pay $50-55/pound locally, if your store has it. We all hear about all the powder that we bought under a different administration. Some of us bought a chidt ton, or maybe even a metric ton of the schidt. Some of us also shoot more than others. H4350 has always been one of my favorite powders, since I use it in just about everything I load for. It's damn consistent powder and results are always the same. That is why it's so popular. It's the only thing I use when it really counts in long range precision shooting or even hunting with most cartridges. Someone here said a while back that they are gouging us, based on popularity of the powder. They may be on to something there. I just bought 3 more pounds of it today. Not because I was a dumb azz and didn't stock up on it in 1981, but because I shoot. A concept a lot of guys don't get here. When I practice with my rifles, or work up new loads, I want it to be with powder I'm familiar with and H4350 checks that box for sure. You guys can do what you want, but if I'm running low and I see it for $50/pound, I'm snagging it because when it was not available for 2 years here just recently, it sucks to have to limit your shooting because you don't want to burn up your powder supply. I say FJB and hopefully things turn around as soon as that azz hat is out of office!!!!

BSA MAGA
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
$65 a pound

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Elvis
I have a bit over 6kg (13lb) of 2209/H4350 and I was wondering if I should pick up another kilo bottle or two.

a shooter should never have enough of any powder they prefer to use, as long as we have gun grabbing liberals left in office..

never have our nations been so vulnerable, since WW 2.

Our own leftist politicians are selling us out to Communist control...

and of all of us who have put on a uniform to defend and serve our nation, we each took an oath to defend it from all enemies.. Foreign and DOMESTIC..

WE may need powder for our arms for that instead of hunting, or having to hunt to feed our loved ones, the way the liberal left is running the nations we live, toward...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Having 42 pounds of Blue Dot makes me giggle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 3,346 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,304
Posts18,468,097
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.