Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Because there are less liberal pinheads in MT. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
didn't like living on the Gulf Coast, wanted to get back to Kentucky or better , close to Kentucky, Job opportunity allowed that to happen.

After 20 years I'm over that, want a change but can't make up my mind what I want

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Grew up in the east, but with my first look at the western Cascade range I realized I could never live anywhere east of the Rockies.

1Minute
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
After the army my dad's dad left central Pa to avoid the coal mines and came to North East Ohio for the steel mills.

Moms dad left West Virginia and spent some time in Korea, Vietnam, and bunch of other places. After retiring from the army he came to North East Ohio where his wife was from.

I spent summers in college in Rocky Mountain National Park and figured I'd move there after college. But ended up moving to Central PA and loved it.

Couple years later married a girl from back home and ended up back in Ohio.

Ain't terrible. But it ain't great. Cheap living here. Jobs mostly suck. Long archery season. Some big bucks running around. Still have parents and grandparents living and four kids. So I'm here for the foreseeable future.

We got a nice little place. I'm satisfied. I can travel to the cool places. And do.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 02/04/23.

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I was raised here.

Bought cattle... then Grandpa's home place.

Got married, had kids. Bought more land.

We just signed the papers on my folks farm last night.

That's why I am here.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I was raised here.

That's why I am here.

Congrats

MAGA
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Born in NJ and left at 18 ...... been in or around here since. We left but always came back. Been here since 1988 and getting too old to move again. Envy you guys who live out west..........

Last edited by fgold767; 02/04/23.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My parents came North from Nebraska in 1977 and moved permanently in 1978. I have found myself in a predicament in that I am unable to live in any other state through the process of growing up here and going to university on the East Coast. It took me three years of hunting, fishing and loafing to get that wicked East Coast out of my system. I will visit other places but I am pretty well fixed on moving back out to the hinterlands and home when I retire. Fairbanks is a good place to be a'collecting. I am now at a point where I really don't need anything and probably should start looking for land. My family has a homestead and we own a fixerupper in Chitina. We probably will fix up the fixer upper and sell that and work on buying a homestead in Kenny Lake where I will become a homesteader full time ala Michel de Montaigne. I want to live my best life. I get into the best health shape out there and I won't be buying big fancy trucks or anything but I want to be able to go sheep hunting, raise bees, hunt moose cut fireword, run a greenhouse and probably write a little bit for a living. That sounds like retirement.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Was most raised in MN, still here due to business concerns. I’m slowly moving those concerns out of this state.
I’ve got places in 3 states, none of which I consider home.
I’m a lost citizen of nowhere and that’s how I intend to leave this life.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I live where I would vacation…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I live where I would vacation…

Great answer! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I was raised here.

That's why I am here.

Congrats
Thanks!

We are pretty well tied down now.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good deal Cuzzin' I'm happy for you guys!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live in South East Missouri because it is the center of the universe

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Grew up in the North Country of New York, near the Canadian border on the North edge of the Adirondacks. Beautiful country but not much for jobs when I got out of college. I got a ride to Eastern Washington with some relatives and lived there until 2002. I moved around a bit in Washington and did a hitch in the Army along the way. Lived in Walla Walla for 14 of those years. Those first years in Washington were pretty lean. But things picked up after a few years. When I got out of the Army the economy was pretty good and jobs were available.

Ended up in Wasilla, Alaska for 20 years, working corrections then the slope. When Etta's health required me to be closer to home I retired in 2020, ran my sawmill and took care of her. In September of 2022 we moved to Craigmont, Idaho. We didn't set out to chose Craigmont. The house we found checked enough boxes for us and it happened to be in Craigmont. Nice little town. We wanted either small town or outside of town. We ended up in a small house on a big lot with a huge garage/shop on the edge of town.

When my 40 foot conex arrived from Alaska I needed some forklift help to unload the safe and some other heavy stuff. I talked to the fertilizer plant a few blocks away and they said they would all be out in the field but the shop would be open. Just come and get the forklift and return it when you're done. Won't find that in a big city.

I thought for a while we would retire in Northern New York. It's beautiful country and still has good hunting and outdoor recreation but the political environment is too restrictive for me. It turns out I miss the New York of my youth. That place doesn't exist any longer.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was born here, learned to hunt and fish here back when both were great, and I love the open spaces.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
5-10 minute drive to 4 trout streams from the house 200 acres of private land for hunting.45 min commute to work hq when I want to go😉

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Work for me. This is where the oil is (or at least the oil I’m familiar with). Raising money for exploration projects takes 4-5 phone calls. Most take their pieces without even seeing the maps.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.wyoroad.info/highway/webcameras/US287Lander/US287Lander.html

My home since 1940. In my later years I winter in Arizona as the winters in Wyoming are too much for me. My father's side of the family moved to the valley from Utah in 1901 and homesteaded, my mother's side came to town from Nebraska with the railroad in 1915.

It's a pretty horrible place but it's home. I hear Idaho and Montana are much nicer. wink

Last edited by jnyork; 02/04/23.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Low crime rate all homeowners have guns and know how to use them.Up to 2 years ago you could buy a 1970 ranch style 2000sf home on 2 acres with a pond for 100k.Still get permission to hunt on a few places for 2 gallons of fish filets and a half gallon of wiskey.[bleep] Biden sighs every 2 miles.Yes I live in rural Texas.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (16penny, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,884
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.