Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
T
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by TechNICKal
I found your review by Googling my issue and made an account just to let you know I have the EXACT same problem with mine in .223. Accuracy is all over the place. And like you, mine too was a impulse buy which I rarely do.

100yd group: https://imgur.com/JxW1EEY
200yd group: https://imgur.com/BeO0aeM

Can you please keep us posted on how you make out?

Franchi thinks the problem was the stock interfering with the barrels free float.

Good luck with yours.

🦫

Thanks. Let us know when you get it back if the issue is resolved.

I'm sending mine in tomorrow to Franchi. Went back out today and tried different scope rings, a known-good scope, 2 different grain ammo, and needless to say it's definitely an issue with the rifle itself.

Last edited by TechNICKal; 04/14/22.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Could be worse... I've had a couple "custom" rifles shoot like that. One got a pipe wrench in the garage treatment... bad barrels.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I’ve got a 6.5 PRC that I’m still experimenting with. It shoots great with Hornady factory ammo, 143 and 147 grain. It also shoots hand loads very well with Hodgdon US869. Groups open up quite a bit with IMR-4831. Somewhat surprised about that. 4-H shooting is starting up, so the project will have to wait until next winter. The cartridge and the rifle both appear to have a ton of potential.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I ran 35 rounds down it’s throat. I even started cleaning the barrel after 6 rounds fired, then giving it a couple of fouler rounds before I went back to the serious target work. Nothing made this rifle shoot like it is advertised. A quick trip back to the gun room, I grab a box of my 130gr NAB’s that are under H1000. This load, both my other PRC’s will do 1/2 MOA consistently.

The Nosler Accubond weren’t even hitting the splash target. I had to call each round fired 6-7 MOA off the target. That’s bizarre-O.

You might've found your problem. Projectiles go over the powder, not under it.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by kingston
If it's the Leup0ld, maybe J0hn Bürns can help expedite.

I've found it best to get started early with them. You want to make sure there's enough time to send the optic back and forth three times before the start of hunting season.

😀

That does not stop the algorithm.

I still get the notifications.

It gets exhausting at times.

But I have stopped the LDS in the Optics forum and Lil Fish was on his best behaviour during his last release.

Solving World Peace seems doable.

Quit loafing, we decided World Peace can wait and requested more Reloader 26. Get to work.

In all seriousness Beaver10, you might slide the front rest back until it's under the chamber rather than out towards the end of the stock which may give a clue as to whether you've got a stock/barrel bitch-slap going on. The other quick/dirty possibility is to slide a few layers of sliced-up AA shotgun hull under the recoil lug until you've got enough height to avoid the stock's max-flex reach.

Last edited by horse1; 04/15/22.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Franchi, owned by Beretta, which owns Tikka. Interesting.

Interesting post too.

IC B2

T
T
Wondering what the turn around time was on yours? They told me I’m looking at about 6 weeks. Which needless to say is disappointing, especially since it’s a brand new rifle.

Definitely have some buyers remorse, wish I would have waited to find a Tikka in .223 instead.

Last edited by TechNICKal; 05/05/22.
T
T
Soo....

How'd this turn out? I just picked up the same rifle for a hundred less, but didn't get beyond dry-firig on the garage 30 minutes after purchase. I found that if I aggressively run the bolt it uncocks, presumably dropping the firing pin!

En route to Stoeger as of Wednesday.

T
T
Yes, I too am very curious to know the resolution. I'm considering picking up one of these Franchi's in 350L. It is difficult to find a single negative review on them. I hope the factory was able to address yours to your satisfaction.

Last edited by TyBower; 05/17/23. Reason: spelling
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Don't get to discouraged that is grouping better than the last Hawkeye i bought

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (204guy, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,312 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,616
Posts18,454,956
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.