Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
I would greatly appreciate this. My wife purchased a set of binoculars several years ago for me after speaking with one of your sales people. It was a Japanese brand but they were marked made in China. I almost divorced my wife over this. Through them straight in the trash.

Please help identify this for all products or we will not make any more purchases.

Sincerely,

Alps

Spoken like a liberal - kowtow or you shall be cancelled.
Do your own damn homework.

And I'm guessing if your wife is buying a binocular for you, you're not exactly the discerning type.

Like he has a wife.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Anyone else want to answer for Doug?

Any other pro CCP dick weasels hiding in the straw pile?

Silly me...Here I thought artificial intelligence was centered around computers, robots and algorithms.

Doug has been asked to perform an impossible task. Sticking with optics, it is almost certain that the parts come from several countries, assembly may be done in a couple of different ones as well, with some sub assemblies put together at someplace they were not made. It is, in my opinion certainly not the responsibility of Doug or any other retailer to ferret out COO data. That is the responsibility of the company whose name the product bears. They can be upfront about it, or not. Some of the people Doug will have to ask about this kind of thing may be constrained as to the degree of data they can give out. Contracts with the OEM in question may well prohibit, specifically and in writing, what can and can't be told. To the degree that "Made in a Good Place" can be overused to benefit sales, it will be done. The other side of the coin is that "Made in a Bad Place" can be suppressed benefit sales so will that be done.

The best advice I can give is to do some due diligence before you buy. Use the phone and make a couple of phone calls, either to a dealer like Doug, or to the company whose name is on the product. Ask some questions without being a dick, and see how they respond. Some will be very upfront about their sourcing, some less so. Use this to make your choice.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doug, can you clearly indicate Country of Origin for all your products.

Can you add a search filter to only show selected Countries?

I would greatly appreciate this. My wife purchased a set of binoculars several years ago for me after speaking with one of your sales people. It was a Japanese brand but they were marked made in China. I almost divorced my wife over this. Through them straight in the trash.

Please help identify this for all products or we will not make any more purchases.

Sincerely,

Alps

Oh, for fücks sake, dude!

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
AuntAlps must be menopausal

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Where’s Bricktop??

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by RHutch
^^^^^^that

No, not that. There are no reasonable alternatives to our devices. There are a lot of reasonable non-Chinese options for scopes.

That (the device) was the point, you coonass.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know it’s a troll, but let’s talk about your wife buying you something and you throwing it in the trash and you almost divorcing her for it.

OP is a bigger piece of [bleep] than any China binos.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
I know it’s a troll, but let’s talk about your wife buying you something and you throwing it in the trash and you almost divorcing her for it.

Yep, cro-magnon man and his wife must have quite the relationship.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Doug has to be questioning his career Choice right about now......

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
“ Please help identify this for all products or we will not make any more purchases.”

What in the world makes you think Camera Land wants your business after that comment? They don’t.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

I'll take scheitt that never happened for $200.00 Alex.

If they was bought from Doug, they could have went right back in the box for a refund.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not a troll.....some people are just that fuggin stupid. What a piece of entitled sh&t.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
^^^^^^that

No, not that. There are no reasonable alternatives to our devices. There are a lot of reasonable non-Chinese options for scopes.

She's NO coonass.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
^^^^^^that

Swing and a miss on several levels.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Thanks Doug for the info. As for me , I look at everything I buy to see where it's made. There are times I walk away and find a different way to get the job done. It is amazing how much is out there that is not Chinese. I pay more for it , but so many times you get the same quality for the same, a little more or little less. As for looking to see where everything is made, I have noticed huge amounts of product that is not made in China anymore that used to be. I even bought a skills blade made in USA. I can't remember the last time I saw that. The red ones were Italy,,, so be it, but the last one was USA. There is little doubt China hates us , and would love nothing more than to se us destroy ourselves and our freedoms. I will gladly not use a scope anymore and go back to iron or peep sights. Half my deer were shot with iron and peep sights. Or, I can just keep using my 35 yr. old Leupold 4x12 .. it is getting foggy though. I heard two times now that Mexico can make a product cheaper than China. I would love to buy from a neighbor . Central America and Africa is going to be the new China . I even bought into a Brazil ETF ( EWZ Ticker) . Pays 11% dives so I think we will take back market share and give to central America . Tons of stuff coming from very poor countries, like Haiti , Philippines, ETC. Better than China all day long.

Last edited by ihookem; 02/05/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anybody here use Milwaukee tools?

Keep giving Chinky your $$ but don't buy a scope from them.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/05/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Bull sh it… It’s your responsibility to research where your money goes.

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Doug, can you clearly indicate Country of Origin for all your products.

Can you add a search filter to only show selected Countries?

Sincerely,

Alps

How about you do the research and post it up here for all of us? It's your responsibility to know what you're buying.

No, you are incorrect. It's the retailer who is responsible to disclose this.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
in college I worked in a GM plant for close to two years...
Or sectional relief guy, only believed that you should buy American...

One of the other departmental guys, told RED that I had bought a new car and it was foreign..
He came down to my station, on a break and started giving me crap for buying a foreign car.

That drew a crowd, and after he asked what did I buy, I told him a VW.
"Well that's not a foreign car.. they make those right here in America.. they have a factory in Pennsylvania"

Everyone started laughing...Red tells them, "I only buy American and I have a VW I commute to work here for the last 10 years"
Someone asks then, how come there are so many of them in Germany? His response was "we ship them there from here"

Once he found out that they were made in Germany, he got rid of it and bought a big old Buick off the plant bullet board, that had been one of the exec's cars...

I wonder if Uncle Alps, is related to RED...our relief guy back in the early 70s at the GM plant I worked at.

GM makes a lot of their vehicles in foreign countries nowadays....not the good old USA any more

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

No I buy Dewalt and the ones that are assembled in the USA. .. That is as close as you are going to get , and that is why I dont buy Miwlaukee. Milwaukee is even owned by a Chinese guy. I know so , cause I knew the guy who was the chief engineer for the Lithium battery for Milwaukee. I still buy milwaukee electric sawmills and I think the last one was made in USA , if you can believe that. Like I said, if we work together and do all we can to avoid China , our country will be much better off instead of defending out purchases . There was a time when hunters and fisherman were fiercely loyal to American product. That seems to have went away. Just buy as little Chinese as you can . If we do, we will bring down the country. Many other countries are avoiding China too. It is working. About 20% of the young men in China are unemployed because the world sees them as a threat. Donald Trump was right.

Last edited by ihookem; 02/05/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

No I buy Dewalt and the ones that are assembled in the USA. .. That is as close as you are going to get , and that is why I dont buy Miwlaukee. Milwaukee is even owned by a Chinese guy. I know so , cause I knew the guy who was the chief engineer for the Lithium battery for Milwaukee. I still buy milwaukee electric sawmills and I think the last one was made in USA , if you can believe that. Like I said, if we work together and do all we can to avoid China , our country will be much better off instead of defending out purchases . There was a time when hunters and fisherman were fiercely loyal to American product. That seems to have went away. Just buy as little Chinese as you can . If we do, we will bring down the country. Many other countries are avoiding China too. It is working. About 20% of the young men in China are unemployed because the world sees them as a threat. Donald Trump was right.
I am right there with you. Buy as little of it as I can.

Never was defending but there is a lot of stuff out there that isn't directly made in China bit is comprised of a lot of Chinky parts. Sometimes it is very hard to get away from it.

Outfit I work for was losing business due to some of our products being assembled with a Cheena made part. They have started bringing those parts back home and making them here.

Also, going to have to get after some of this younger bunch to take a little pride in their work. Some of what I see doesn't make a US made product any better than an import just because the workmanship and craftsmanship absolutely suck.

The hard to find quality help these days is a real thing. They are out there but few and far between.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/05/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
684 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,639
Posts18,398,984
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.