24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Three times now the magazine release has been pressed in pocket carry. I wear fairly loose clothing and am a lefty so the release is on the outside when carried.

Look how the thickened edge of the soft holster rides directly over the release button. A stiffer pocket holster would prob’ly alleviate the problem.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
BP-B2

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's not good. Yeah, you need a different holster.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You must be pressing your ass against something

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
How do you like the max.

I have one ordered. Talked to the shop yesterday they said they have a big shipment of stuff stuck in Memphis currently. Hopefully in this week.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Alabama should be able to make you one for a lefty with an option for the mag release button to be covered.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
or getting something pressed against his ass...... 🤔

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Front pocket, prob’ly when sitting down.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You need kydex.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Look at the DeSantis pocket holster.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't think you're going to like pocket carry. A minimalist inside waistband holster works a lot better.

I buy coats with zip up slash pockets that I carry my .380's in. It's easy enough to slip your hands in the slash pockets when you're walking somewhere. (something that I habitually do, anyway) On those rare occasions when I'm somewhere that causes me to be armed, my hands will be in the slash pocket holding the .380.

That pocket carry works. But for warm weather an IWB holster works much better than a jeans pocket.

"No tuck" shirts are a trend these days. An untucked shirt will easily conceal an LCP Max in an IWB holster.

We've got constitutional carry in Kentucky now. So carrying a gun is no big deal. But still,..I think it's best to be as discreet as possible about it. There's no reason to let people know any more about your business than necessary.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
How do you like the max.

I have one ordered. Talked to the shop yesterday they said they have a big shipment of stuff stuck in Memphis currently. Hopefully in this week.

-Jake

I agree with the online reviews, the max is the latest and greatest pocket pistol, much easier/faster to shoot well than the previous Ruger LCP, easier to shoot well than an Airweight j frame revolver. And it IS a pocket pistol, disappears into a pocket, light enough you forget it’s there.

The biggest problem I have is no fault of the gun; my arms are no longer long enough to see the sights clearly 🙄

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
How do you like the max.

-Jake

I agree with the online reviews, the max is the latest and greatest pocket pistol, much easier/faster to shoot well than the previous Ruger LCP, easier to shoot well than an Airweight j frame revolver. And it IS a pocket pistol, disappears into a pocket, light enough you forget it’s there.

The biggest problem I have is no fault of the gun; my arms are no longer long enough to see the sights clearly 🙄

Can't help you on that one lol.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bristoe,

Tks for the reply. My customary attire is an untucked Magellan fishing shirt over cargo pants or shorts so I got that covered. Been pocket carrying a j-frame with an Uncle Mike’s Combat Grip for years. I never have tried an IWB holster, I’ll have to look into it.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Until a serious holster arrives, I took a pair of scissors and cut a notch out of that soft cloth Ruger holster to clear the magazine release. I’ll see how it goes.

I will say the magazine release itself is not the problem, it’s plenty stiff to press.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't think you're going to like pocket carry. A minimalist inside waistband holster works a lot better.

I buy coats with zip up slash pockets that I carry my .380's in. It's easy enough to slip your hands in the slash pockets when you're walking somewhere. (something that I habitually do, anyway) On those rare occasions when I'm somewhere that causes me to be armed, my hands will be in the slash pocket holding the .380.

That pocket carry works. But for warm weather an IWB holster works much better than a jeans pocket.

"No tuck" shirts are a trend these days. An untucked shirt will easily conceal an LCP Max in an IWB holster.

We've got constitutional carry in Kentucky now. So carrying a gun is no big deal. But still,..I think it's best to be as discreet as possible about it. There's no reason to let people know any more about your business than necessary.

Saved me a lot of typing, Bristoe.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As already said, carrying a pistol in jeans pocket is not ideal.
If I were to pocket carry, I'd want a heel clip magazine release and DAO OR thumb safety.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sometimes ya just gotta do some trimming. I have a pocket carry Springfield XDS mod2 .40 with a Lasermax Micro II green on the rail that works beautifully in a Galco JAK slide that I reworked/trimmed a bit.

Ambi mag release button needed a little notch out.

Ain’t the prettiest thing ever, but works pretty slick.

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought an ElPaso Saddlery leather pocket holster for my Sig P-365.

it seems to be stiff enough leather that I've never had a problem hitting the mag release button.

I have it in my "jammie" pocket as I type, and wear it every morning 'till my pants go on.

Virgil B.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I’ve worn in untucked shirt for years. I carry outside the waist band, and have for years. Never had anyone notice or say anything. It’s not a matter of what’s best, it has to do with body stand build.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
711 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,708 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,678
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.