Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by FishinHank
She got indicted on federal charges
Troopers refused to do anything. CG refused to do anything. FAA refused to do anything.

Currently have virtually no respect for the Federal Government... I hope she walks. And I do not like her and despised Clem.

Apparently you like the pilot even less....

Never have met the pilot, but heard the story before the incident. That it escalated is no surprise. The Lodge is trying to do something the neighbors do not like. Local ordinance is not on the pilot's side. His outright lie that he knew nothing when reporting the "crime" is interesting...

Just what is the local ordinance?
Strikes me you know more than you are letting on.
What other story before this incident are there?
It is posted above in this thread. No loud noises before 1PM. The lodge is doing grizzly viewing flights and start with pick-up flights long before 1PM. The local ordinance has been in place for a very long time and is not a response to a new problem.

There is much more. The pilot is lying when he says he had no idea what was going on.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffA
FAA puts it all on the pilot, they state pilots must be aware and respect local rules and ordinances. There is no equivalent of the airport traffic pattern to govern boat traffic…."

(Read Seaplane Base Operations)
https://www.seaplanescenics.com/documents/faa-8083-23-seaplanehandbook.pdf

Halibut Cove has a local rule/ordinance which states,

'Halibut Cove practices Quiet Time until 1 PM to respect our locals' privacy. Please join us in respecting this time and arrive no earlier than 1 PM.'

This was a morning flight taking lodge guests to Katmai for the day.
The pilot was in violation of local ordinance, the FAA hand book points directly at this.

Not that I nessasarly support Marian's actions but she most certainly appeard to have her boat precisely under control.

If this was reckless boating, how do you define what takes place when boats set nets on the line for salmon in Bristol Bay or better yet, the action that takes place on Herring openers in congested waters?

A commercial Alaskan fishing boat without battle scars is a boat that's never been wet.

Here it is again.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Comparing boating for Herring or Salmon fishing to HC is a bit of a stretch. Fishing boat captains and crew know and intentionally undertake those activities and all assume the risk. Any issues are likely settled between them.

I am sure the CG gets involved if there is a injury.

Regarding the "noise" ordinance, I wonder if that is merely imposed by the lodge or if there is actually some governing body that potentially enforces or oversees compliance?

Due to location its not simple to get a authority to respond, regardless of that its not ok to take matters into ones own hands. Has dimwit filed complaints on the or other pilots in the past?

From where I sit, she potentially and intentionally endangered others.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Comparing boating for Herring or Salmon fishing to HC is a bit of a stretch. Fishing boat captains and crew know and intentionally undertake those activities and all assume the risk. Any issues are likely settled between them.

Regarding the "noise" ordinance, I wonder if that is merely imposed by the lodge or if there is actually some governing body that potentially enforces or oversees compliance?

Due to location its not simple to get a authority to respond, regardless of that its not ok to take matters into ones own hands. Has dimwit filed complaints on the or other pilots in the past?

The other stuff about fishing was not the issue, just the ordinance.

The quiet ordinance was developed by all the landowners. The Lodge is trying to ignore it.

I would think the defense would ask the pilot a million times on the stand why he lied to everybody and had no idea what the problem was. They should then ask the Troopers why they failed to act on his lying to them.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J

The quiet ordinance was developed by all the landowners. The Lodge is trying to ignore it.

I would think the defense would ask the pilot a million times on the stand why he lied to everybody and had no idea what the problem was. They should then ask the Troopers why they failed to act on his lying to them.

Ok, so he lied. Does that make him responsible for endangering his passengers or wacko in the boat?
The fact he lied and broke some "ordinance" does not give her the right to take matters into her own hands. Even if she had exhausted every legal avenue available. I don't think a court would see it any other way...
Do you?

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Ok, so he lied. Does that make him responsible for endangering his passengers or wacko in the boat?
The fact he lied and broke some "ordinance" does not give her the right to take matters into her own hands. Even if she had exhausted every legal avenue available. I don't think a court would see it any other way...
Do you?

Agreed.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Do you?

I only have third hand info, but authorities refused to do anything, apparently. I am no fan of either side and have no dog in the fight. To me I expect the court to look a little deeper and drop the charges as a petty spat between idiots...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Do you?

I only have third hand info, but authorities refused to do anything, apparently. I am no fan of either side and have no dog in the fight. To me I expect the court to look a little deeper and drop the charges as a petty spat between idiots...

It's not a petty spat when other people are in that plane. She needs to spend a little time in a shrimp pot.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Who has governing authority over Halibut Cove? Is there a village council that approved the ordinance? Or basically just a neighborhood agreement?

Assuming it is a legitimate ordinance, who has the authority and duty to enforce the ordinance?

Knowing this might help to understand some of the details as to why the issue was allowed to persist so long.

This is obviously a neighborhood spat that got out of hand. Involving the passengers on the plane was a mistake by the boat captain that will likely sink her ship. (pun intended)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hard to know exactly how close or dangerous the event really was. She did make them change course and speed. Beyond that it is hard to get worked up about it.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Hard to know exactly how close or dangerous the event really was. She did make them change course and speed. Beyond that it is hard to get worked up about it.

The plane was moving slow, it looked pretty close. But maybe your right and its hardly worth discussing, if it wasn't for the internet, video and social media it would practically just be heresy.

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W

The plane was moving slow, it looked pretty close. But maybe your right and its hardly worth discussing, if it wasn't for the internet, video and social media it would practically just be heresy.

Actually, if it weren’t for all the personal videos, lots of bad behavior would go unchallenged. Rats hate it when the lights go on.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U

Do you?

You also said, "the pilot is FAR more likely to be charged", and "no charges would be filed." So, forgive me if I think you dont know wtf youre talking about here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by UpTop

Do you?

You also said, "the pilot is FAR more likely to be charged", and "no charges would be filed." So, forgive me if I think you dont know wtf youre talking about here.

Fair enough if you forgive me for not caring what you think.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Originally Posted by UpTop

Do you?

Fair enough if you forgive me for not caring what you think.
Cool, carry on with more hot takes by all means.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Stole this one from the meme thread - see bottom half:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JeffA
FAA puts it all on the pilot, they state pilots must be aware and respect local rules and ordinances. There is no equivalent of the airport traffic pattern to govern boat traffic…."

(Read Seaplane Base Operations)
https://www.seaplanescenics.com/documents/faa-8083-23-seaplanehandbook.pdf

Halibut Cove has a local rule/ordinance which states,

'Halibut Cove practices Quiet Time until 1 PM to respect our locals' privacy. Please join us in respecting this time and arrive no earlier than 1 PM.'

This was a morning flight taking lodge guests to Katmai for the day.
The pilot was in violation of local ordinance, the FAA hand book points directly at this.

Not that I nessasarly support Marian's actions but she most certainly appeard to have her boat precisely under control.

If this was reckless boating, how do you define what takes place when boats set nets on the line for salmon in Bristol Bay or better yet, the action that takes place on Herring openers in congested waters?

A commercial Alaskan fishing boat without battle scars is a boat that's never been wet.

Here it is again.

Am neither an attorney nor an Alaskan, but when an ordinance states, " Please join us in respecting this time..." That is not an enforceable rule or law PERIOD. It is a casual request for people to please abide by what the council would like.

For anyone to state this "ordinance" carries any weight is delusional.

So this ordinance means diddly-squat.

Montana MOFO
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Boomers need to realize everyone has a video camera these days.

I have seen way worse stuff than that on the water. Usually a boomer who thinks he owns the water, owns the fish, and has the right to try to hit everyone who dare challenges his false thinking.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
that salty old dog Karen did earn a Grand Jury Indictment on two counts on Jan. 19 and was arraigned on Feb. 3, 2023

If convicted, she's looking at jail time up to 21 years

and she's 68 now, might just kick it in jail

Marian Beck indictment

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Looks like that might just trump the noise ordinance. Amazing, considering the pilot is such a know liar....

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,627
Posts18,455,165
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.