Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
We had a neighbor when moose come into his yard he come running out of house with his pellet/bb gun pumping that sob for all it was worth and shoot at the moose to get them out of his yard. I finally told him what he was doing was against the law its harassment and if the troopers ever caught wind of him doing it be a bad day for him. State of Alaska could give two chits if the moose are eating your prized plants, cant be zinging them in the ass with pellets or bb's. He sold the house and they moved back to Anchorage.

Dang you are a hard azz..

They didn't move because of me, he was actually a pretty good neighbor. He was always up something like shooting moose in the ass with his powerline 880. They got tired of the commute from the valley to Anchorage.

I guess there is not much to do there? I'd probably get bored as hell and shoot a moose in the azz too...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
We had a neighbor when moose come into his yard he come running out of house with his pellet/bb gun pumping that sob for all it was worth and shoot at the moose to get them out of his yard. I finally told him what he was doing was against the law its harassment and if the troopers ever caught wind of him doing it be a bad day for him. State of Alaska could give two chits if the moose are eating your prized plants, cant be zinging them in the ass with pellets or bb's. He sold the house and they moved back to Anchorage.

Dang you are a hard azz..

They didn't move because of me, he was actually a pretty good neighbor. He was always up something like shooting moose in the ass with his powerline 880. They got tired of the commute from the valley to Anchorage.

I guess there is not much to do there? I'd probably get bored as hell and shoot a moose in the azz too...

Always something to do here, it Alaska not Nevada....

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep]!

Probably in a place a real gun would be an issue.

Whatever.

Shut up,
eat the deer,
learn a lesson.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Spoiler alert....none of this happened.

Can't believe how many lunged at that spinner bait.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Use the 3S Rule

Shoot - Shovel - Shut up

Fecal matter occurs.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
[bleep]!

Whatever.

Shut up,
eat the deer,
learn a lesson.
I believe this is a made up story but even if it's not, it's just a deer. Farmers intentionally gut shoot them all the time so that they'll run back into the woods to die and not die in their fields. Have known several here who did this routinely. Carry a rifle on their tractor all the time and gut shoot every deer they see year round. Had one ask me to please do the same to any deer I saw on his property while I was out hunting. He considered them vermin of the worst sort and had no sympathy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from resizing.flixster.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I believe this is a made up story but even if it's not, it's just a deer.

Yeah, well, perhaps some of us hold them in a little higher regard and aren't at war with them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Lotta guys have told me they planned on keeping deer out of their yard with a pellet gun.

Gotta explain why that's a horrible idea for 40 reasons. They nod, but their jaw goes slack...

Last edited by mjbgalt; 02/07/23.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
LOL…gotta be the troll of the day.

Had a deer hit by a car on the main road in view from my house one night. The car that hit it kept going, but three ‘Samaritans’ stopped IN the road. Looked like a problem, so I called my GW bud on his cell and went down there. Deer was wrecked in the head and hind end, staggering around blind in the road. GW tells me to put it down if it’s too messed up, as he’s across the county. Deer is definitely too messed up and under serious duress. I pull it to the ditch three different times. Convinced the guy that’s called the sheriff (for no reason) that GW has told me to handle it. Spend 10minutes trying to explain to tree hugger lady ‘why’ it can’t be ‘saved’ and ‘rehabilitated’, and has to be euthanized before it gets back in the road and kills someone. Finally tell her to take her crying, drama queen ass and leave. In the meantime, deer crawls into the cut corn in front of my house. I go home, get the 22, go and put the deer down. Guess who has circled back to the intersection to witness the ‘murder’? Yep, it’s Karen. She’s screaming obscenities at me that I haven’t heard since airborne school….at least until I point the 3k lumen spotlight in her face until she drives away. Sheriffs deputy shows up. He’s probably still laughing.

You lack empathy. Instead of pulling it to the ditch 3 times, you should have helped Karen place the deer in her back seat. ...grin...

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane
I believe this is a made up story but even if it's not, it's just a deer.

Yeah, well, perhaps some of us hold them in a little higher regard and aren't at war with them.
You might feel differently if they were destroying your crops, trees, bushes etc.. Personally it makes me sick to think of anyone intentionally inflicting suffering on any animal. I've had various pests destroying my fruit trees, gardens and bushes here but always dispatch them as quickly and humanely as possible. To me it makes no difference whether it's a woodchuck, raccoon, rabbit, coyote, hog or deer but many don't feel the same and look at some as more or less deserving of humane treatment than others.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I fuuucked up years ago, was gonna scare wifeys cat by shooting under it with a pellet gun. Well, I hit the damn cat, gut shot the bastard. I didn’t have money to take it to the vet, so I killed it, buried it, lied when she ask if I’d done away with her cat. I still feel like schit to this day almost 40 years later. That was so stupid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
[bleep]!

Whatever.

Shut up,
eat the deer,
learn a lesson.
I believe this is a made up story but even if it's not, it's just a deer. Farmers intentionally gut shoot them all the time so that they'll run back into the woods to die and not die in their fields. Have known several here who did this routinely. Carry a rifle on their tractor all the time and gut shoot every deer they see year round. Had one ask me to please do the same to any deer I saw on his property while I was out hunting. He considered them vermin of the worst sort and had no sympathy.

Had hunting rights on 800 acres in a river bottom. When you went to your stand, you never had to ask, "Will I see a deer?" The question was, "Will I see something I want to shoot?"
I was working for the landowner doing plowing and other chores. He would occasionally pay me cash. When he did, I would refuse the cash and just say, "Keep it for letting me hunt."
One day I asked him, "Do you realize how much money you could make selling day hunts?"
His reply to me was, "The only thing I hate worse than deer, is deer hunters!"
At that point, I just shut up and hunted!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Took out a dink with a *dink* (aluminum bat sound) ?

Last edited by hookeye; 02/07/23.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hanco
I fuuucked up years ago, was gonna scare wifeys cat by shooting under it with a pellet gun. Well, I hit the damn cat, gut shot the bastard. I didn’t have money to take it to the vet, so I killed it, buried it, lied when she ask if I’d done away with her cat. I still feel like schit to this day almost 40 years later. That was so stupid.
Did you tell her?

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by smallfry
Did you tell her?

Hell no, she brings that cat up now and again.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
hanco, my marriage is stronger because of the wisdom you impart.

Out of curiosity, did you finish it off with a baseball bat?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smallfry
Did you tell her?

Hell no, she brings that cat up now and again.

Oh Schieet, I was thinking this was your first wife.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by billj
I didn't know where else to post this so here goes. Deer were munching on my landscaping last winter so I took to getting out my air rifle and popping them in the ass when seen in daylight hours. They would kick and then run maybe 100 ft and stop, it was kind of funny. Then I hit a large doe square in the rib cage and it dropped to the ground like it was my .30-06. It could never stand up and after about 3 hours I had to put it out of its misery with a ball bat. I'm baffled as to how a .177 pellet at about 50 feet could paralyze the hindquarters of a big, mature doe. Was it nerve damage?
Wow! I think there must be nerve damage...but not in the deer!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
WTF is wrong with some people? And then a baseball bat!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

90 members (264mag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 308xray, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,109 guests, and 885 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,480
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.