Print Thread
Hop To
A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
OUTFITTER IN MAINE JUST PURCHASED THE ANT X-SIGHT 4K PRO BUT HASN’T MOUNTED IT YET.

ANYONE HAVE ONE AND REPORT BACK.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I have heard it said, "Friends don't let Friends buy ATN".

I guess I got the two good ones.

A bit of history first.

I started using scope mounted Kill lights around 2005. They work, and one can get a top notch system for under $300, and some much less expensive.

I have both the HD and the 4KPro

Got the HD around 2018 and used it until I got the 4K Pro.

I got the 4K Pro circa 2020.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Daytime, no Illuminator, +/- 160 yds. The round wheel near the center rotates to increase or decrease magnification.

The two ports on the right side are for a USB Charging/video and micro-sd card. The battery is internal. ATN says it's good for 14 hrs. I always carry a charger just in case.

One can get into this system with an aftermarket IR Illuminator for +/- $1K. Decent Thermal is going to be about $3K. Good thermal is going to be +/- $5K. Best consumer thermal $17K.

If one wanted, he/she could use it as their primary optic. I zero'd mine when I first got it. In the last three years despite bumps, drops and miles on a 4 wheeler I've only had to adjust zero one time.

I've made night time kills on coons to 163 paces.

A double and a single.

If I knew then what I know now, I would get the 3.5 -14 rather than the 5-20, as all my shots at night are under 200 yds. and usually between 50 and 120 yds.
I would prefer a wider FOV. It features range finding capabilities and for an add-on one can get the ABL Laser attachment. Since all my shots are close, I do not use the rangefinding feature.

YMMV.

I now employ a thermal scanner so that is a boon.

There is a learning curve. However, the more you use it the more intuitive it becomes.

Works well both day and night, still images and video.

Daytime, +/- 120 yds.

Night, same spot, 120 yds. NightSnipe 750 IR Extreme Illuminator

An aftermarket IR illuminator that both illuminates greater distances, features variable beam intensity, and has both elevation and windage capablility are a great addition.
I have the NightSnipe IR 750 Extreme. There are numerous vendors that sell excellent aftermarket units.

They are great for stand hunting and illuminating a fixed point. Shots on running game... forget about it IMHO.

One of the things I particularly like is the ability to stream the sight picture to either a tablet or a smart phone via wi-fi. Do not need to be in an area that has cell signal.

As a stand hunter I can set up my tablet and stream video to it, and do not have to keep my eye to the scope.

Here I'm set up to watch a cistern, and waiting for dark. Hogs typically come in a couple hours after dark-thirty.

When a critter comes into the field of view, it will catch my attention on the tablet and I go to gun.

One thing I'd like to change. In my experience, if you are streaming, before you can take a still image or record video you have to discontinue the streaming function. One would think as long as I have been doing this I would not get excited and forget, but I do.

As an aside, I also have the Sightmark Wraith 4K mini, which you may want to check out. I've not taken the time to figure out whether it will video stream, but it too seems to be a valid option.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02/05/23.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks Glenn, exceptional report.

A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Even in Maine last week hunting coyotes at night, farthest i ranged from our position was 175-200 yards.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by geedubya
Night, same spot, 120 yds. NightSnipe 750 IR Extreme Illuminator

An aftermarket IR illuminator that both illuminates greater distances, features variable beam intensity, and has both elevation and windage capablility are a great addition.
I have the NightSnipe IR 750 Extreme. There are numerous vendors that sell excellent aftermarket units.

They are great for stand hunting and illuminating a fixed point. Shots on running game... forget about it IMHO.

One of the things I particularly like is the ability to stream the sight picture to either a tablet or a smart phone via wi-fi. Do not need to be in an area that has cell signal.

As a stand hunter I can set up my tablet and stream video to it, and do not have to keep my eye to the scope.

This is the most awesome setup for night hunting hogs that I have seen. I feel like I am going blind holding thermal scanner to my eye for long periods of time and then I end up putting it down right before a hog comes through. I have missed more than one hog because of that. I have everything I need except a stand for my tablet.

2 Kings 2:23-24
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I just listed one FS in the classifieds. Very clear, as clear as my Wraith Mini 4k. I got it on a rifle that I just purchased. I don't need two NV scopes.

A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I passed along all of your comments to my son who does a fair amount of coyote hunting. I expect to do more come early spring. We can only hunt them during the daylight hours in CT but i think Massachusetts coyotes can be hunted after sunset. Need to check those rules.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,601 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.