Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was visiting Cdn Tire today in search of some screwdriver bits and wandered by their sporting goods section. I found a pile of Imperial 12 ga shells and a bunch of 22 WMR boxes. We were talking about the Imperial shotgun ammunition a few months back, but at the time, I didn't see any in my local Canadian Tire. I found some today, but don't own a 12 ga.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I did score some 22 WMR ammunition, albeit at considerably more than I had spent previously. I managed to get some Hornady 30 gr. VMax, Federal 50 gr HPs and some CCI 40 gr.Gamepoints. These three have been on my wish list for a while. A couple of years ago, I had purchased some of that Alligator Guy ammunition, but my Marlin does not like it.

The factory ammunition prices are still up there. I did notice at Peavey Mart (formerly TSC) that they were almost completely out of ammunition. The supervisor told me that they have ordered more, but he was unsure when it would come in.

The shelves are pretty empty still at the Cdn Tire stores and Peavey Mart.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
GB1

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I was in at Higginsons Powders last week and there are some powders available, some Hodgdon, Winchester but no IMR powders. Andrew said that primers may soon be available again. Keep an eye on their website.

Nick

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Budgetshootersupply has IMR4198 and IMR4350 in stock, I like their service, shipping may be a killer.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Evnin, be careful at CTC make sure you check the ammo they give you!!! Asked the guy behind the counter for some 17 hmr one day, get home it's hm2. Went back & the flunky said we can't take it back, store policy. Told him no one told me that!!! Oh ya the girl on cash would have told me. ( ya at minimum wage with her mind on tonight's party I'm sure she's real efficient). !!!!!!! Where's the manager?? On holidays. Who's in charge?? I am. Bull $hit!!! I don't see any signs saying no returns on wrong ammo??? Get the [bleep] manager down here or call the cops cause I ain't leavin & im about to get really loud!!! (OK OK ILL EXCHANGE IT) Thanks very much, you have a nice day!!! GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You should’ve checked it before you left the store.
How was this their fault.

Trust but Verify

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mornin, 338 was in a hurry & assumed the guy behind the counter would know what he's doing!!! My bad I guess, but why not take it back, still sealed up??? Don't know you but I make mistakes in life. That's how ya learn, won't happen again though. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!!! GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦 Trust & verifie??? I guess the trust part is we're I screwed up. A???

Last edited by GWPGUY; 02/07/23. Reason: Add coment
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Steve, Your CTC store has the ammo all on shelves. The one in orillia have all of there's in locked cabinets, & they put them in a locked bank bag for you to take them to cashier. Ya feel like a dang criminal !!! They do have quite a lot of outdoor stuff & guns also. Stop in on your way to the club some day. GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hi. No, it’s behind glass. I took the Imperial picture through the glass. The 22 mag boxes were on a shelf at home.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Pretty common practice here in the US that ammunition is not refundable.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve never seen any ammo sales here in Alberta where No Returns / Refunds wasn’t the Posted store policy. Why I said Verify. It’s on you the customer/shooter to verify you are about to purchase the intended cartridge.
The clerk will almost always hand you the cheaper, most expensive, or slower turning over ammo to manage their inventory situation. Especially If you the customer don’t specify exactly.

On the other hand, perhaps this is part of the reason that while 17 HMR has thrived,
17 HM2 is struggling to get commercial traction. Too easy to confuse.

I’ve seen several instances on ranges where some one was trying to chamber 22 Mag in a 22LR

Seen the Short Neck Outcome of 300 Win Mag fired in a 300 Wby

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Evnin 338, haven't been back but if it's not posted when or if I go back I'll still be talking to the manager. There supposed to be there to serve you, not [bleep] you up. Went there to buy a drill press on sale the same day the flyer came out, one in stock for show & none (0) on hand. They gave me a rain check, nice. Said they would call when in stock, that was two months ago. We have a great gun shop just another two miles down the road that gives great service & accepts returns on anything if not used. That's were I'll continue to do business. GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Evnin again 338! Guess ya missed the part were I specified what I wanted. Thanks for all your help!!! GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 338Rules
You should’ve checked it before you left the store.
How was this their fault.

Trust but Verify

Stepped into a high end gun shop in Dallas, TX.
Sitting on the used gun rack was a beautiful bolt rifle. Asked the kid behind the counter to look at it.
It was a .333 G&H Mag.
I muttered it would be interesting to see the ammo.
The kid behind the counter turns to the ammo shelves and says, "I know we've got some here somewhere!" 🤪

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GWPGUY
Evnin again 338! Guess ya missed the part were I specified what I wanted. Thanks for all your help!!! GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

Yessir , and then you gotta verify . Just Sayin.
You Know what you wanted, But …. MalJunction of the Function

Ever get your takeOut order messed up at a DriveThru ?
Same-Same No Blame

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't know if it is Cdn Tire policy across the country, but the staff here take your ammunition to the check out for you. They used to put it in a lock bag and give it to the customer.

You can check your order after they bag it, and if something is wrong, you can fix things with the cashier.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was at the local wMart today, 5 yes Five RCMP SUVs outside,
Apparently taking one, (1) skinny little shoplifter into custody.

Can’t be too careful, Check your Ammo,

Trust but Verify !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I was visiting Cdn Tire today in search of some screwdriver bits and wandered by their sporting goods section. I found a pile of Imperial 12 ga shells and a bunch of 22 WMR boxes. We were talking about the Imperial shotgun ammunition a few months back, but at the time, I didn't see any in my local Canadian Tire. I found some today, but don't own a 12 ga.

I did score some 22 WMR ammunition, albeit at considerably more than I had spent previously. I managed to get some Hornady 30 gr. VMax, Federal 50 gr HPs and some CCI 40 gr.Gamepoints. These three have been on my wish list for a while. A couple of years ago, I had purchased some of that Alligator Guy ammunition, but my Marlin does not like it.

The factory ammunition prices are still up there. I did notice at Peavey Mart (formerly TSC) that they were almost completely out of ammunition. The supervisor told me that they have ordered more, but he was unsure when it would come in.

The shelves are pretty empty still at the Cdn Tire stores and Peavey Mart.

Steve You need to restore your credibility with acquisition of a 12 Ga.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Steve You need to restore your credibility with acquisition of a 12 Ga.

laugh I had a 12 ga once upon a time that gathered dust. I don't hunt ducks. I have a 20 ga 870 that does out seasonally for small game - grouse and rabbits especially.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know what you mean about a 20 ga 870. Reminds me of a 28 ga Red Label

I’ve been looking but not finding any used ones locally.
Not interested in 30” fixed Full, unless I can source a 26” Light Contour barrel for grouse hunting.
I hope the RemArms Sportsman 20 is Woods Worthy

In 12 ga, I’ve got a few that see some action, just because.
My latest fave toy is a 26” Rem V3, lighter than my 20 ga RedLabels, or my 12 ga 870 w 21” bbl
The v3 Swings nice, zero malfunctions, and No kick to speak of like a pump or o/u has.

Fun gun. I like a. 1 oz first, followed by 1-1/8 oz, then a 3” Mag in reserve for the Hail Mary desperation cleanup shot. Or start with a 1-1/8 oz spreader etc. Lots of options in 12 gauge

Of all the Red Label O/Us the 28 ga was scaled nicer for a light carrying hunting gun.
The others were built more for handling magnum recoil than Shoot a Bit and Walk a Lot Upland hunting.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Years ago, I got a 410 o/u from a guy as payment for fixing his 22. He had bought it for his wife, but she had no interest in hunting, so it sat in his closet for a while. When he offered it to me, I figured that it might be fun. Well, I did use it for squirrels and grouse. It worked okay, but I'm not much of a shotgunner. I used it off and on for a few years, but ended trading it off. It was one of the few guns that I never missed after it was gone.

I guess a lot of it has to do with what you hunt and where you live.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,251
Posts18,466,956
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.