Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ll be the one who goes against the conventional “grain” since I was an adventurous young man myself. Living life afraid of everything is no way to live. Seeking danger WILL eventually require her and those that love her to question whether adventure is synonymous with danger. Dangers can be mitigated but eventually the piper comes calling. Your daughter is obviously more worldly and well versed in the ways of the world than most of those telling her to lock herself in her closet and hide from the world but she’s also subject to complacency since she’s used to” the higher danger level.

I’d be inclined to view this phase (Jamaica) of her career as a “break even” phase, meaning that she (mom and dad too?) will be spending more money on security and safe housing and not saving. If it were my daughter I would be headed to Kingston to get her safely settled and properly protected. A private security detail might be a smart investment at least until she gets a “lay of the land” and a more accurate security assessment down the road.

Whatever she does I hope she stays safe and her time there is worthwhile.

Compelling.

Thanks.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Your daughter is obviously more worldly and well versed in the ways of the world than most of those telling her to lock herself in her closet and hide from the world

Or maybe she's one of those women who has bought into the false narrative about race that's being spit out by the left.

There's nothing wrong with being adventuresome. But when the State Department stops releasing crime data on a country, there's a reason.

It's not a good reason.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...nt-american-tourists-jamaica/1796973001/

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
A few years ago Jamaica was known as rape island because of the very high rate of rape and assaults of white female tourists.

I lived and worked world all over the world in some pretty schitty areas including the Caribbean, Mid East, Africa and I pretty much know what countries to avoid. Jamaica ( where rape culture is embraced) is one of those places, just like Baltimore and east St Louis. lol

Id go to most African countries over Jamaica any day

Last edited by ribka; 02/06/23.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Your daughter is obviously more worldly and well versed in the ways of the world than most of those telling her to lock herself in her closet and hide from the world

Or maybe she's one of those women who has bought into the false narrative about race that's being spit out by the left.

There's nothing wrong with being adventuresome. But when the State Department stops releasing crime data on a country, there's a reason.

It's not a good reason.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...nt-american-tourists-jamaica/1796973001/

Maybe…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ll be the one who goes against the conventional “grain” since I was an adventurous young man myself. Living life afraid of everything is no way to live. Seeking danger WILL eventually require her and those that love her to question whether adventure is synonymous with danger. Dangers can be mitigated but eventually the piper comes calling. Your daughter is obviously more worldly and well versed in the ways of the world than most of those telling her to lock herself in her closet and hide from the world but she’s also subject to complacency since she’s used to” the higher danger level.

I’d be inclined to view this phase (Jamaica) of her career as a “break even” phase, meaning that she (mom and dad too?) will be spending more money on security and safe housing and not saving. If it were my daughter I would be headed to Kingston to get her safely settled and properly protected. A private security detail might be a smart investment at least until she gets a “lay of the land” and a more accurate security assessment down the road.

Whatever she does I hope she stays safe and her time there is worthwhile.
There's a difference between living life afraid and locking yourself in a closet vs. going to one of the most dangerous cities in the world trying to help those who don't give a rat's ass about her.

IC B2

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1minute, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,744
Posts18,457,732
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.