Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have A Bolt IIs in 708 and 270win and I'd buy another one if I found one for a good price no matter what round it was chambered in. I did own an ABII Medallion in 260rem that shot as good as it looked but someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse for it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somehow I got it in my head this was about their current bolt actions. Never owned one of those, but have two Low Walls that are permanent residents here. I’m always on the lookout for good deals on more, though goodness knows what for. Would like a nice SA 22 too, and maybe a BPR .22 or .22 mag.

Shotguns don’t get much play on this site, but Browning’s have been my favorites forever.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
For GW......

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by bartman

Good Stuff!!!

Details??

Always interested in stories of porker perforation!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

Missed that Steyr the first go 'round.............

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Steyr Pro-Hunter, 376 Steyr

They are so butt ugly they are cool, and the one's I have are shooters.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ten years ago they were the best kept secret out there, and one could sneak up on them for $450 to $750, but now the word is out!

As an aside,

I tell folks I operate within a "narrow band of mediocrity". Don't do anything real good. Don't do anything real bad.

At my advanced age, I'm not nearly as anal about getting sub-inch groups out of a "hunting rifle".

Then take into the fact that the pigs I hunt are constantly moving. From the time my brain sez' to "trip the trigger" until my finger does, the bullet exits the barrel and impacts (hopefully) on flesh, the buggers can move a foot or two.

ya!

GWB

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I currently own both, take them apart and look at them. Xbolt is a pig with lipstick. 3/4 MOA isn't good enough, not today at least.
How much of a buy is the Browning going to be since it's a flop?

Good question. Since it's likely to be bargain priced due to its RAR quality, I might be interested too. 🤔

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The Xbolt is not RAR quality at any level just very similar in design. Truth is it has some very good features superior to others models available. I wanna love this rifle, just a little raw I got one built on Monday.

Given the number of these rifles that appear on the shelf, perhaps it's just a matter of time when the aftermarket follows and gunsmiths become more familiar with making them shoot.

GW, my Steyr was 500 out the door used and so ugly it would scare the paint off of a used car. The 2 things it does well are shoot and work every time. Aftermarket for this is nonexistent unfortunately also.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Price very reasonable Tech, no interest in it around here. If I can't sell, going to see if I can get it re barreled in a fast twist 280.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
The Xbolt is not RAR quality at any level just very similar in design. Truth is it has some very good features superior to others models available. I wanna love this rifle, just a little raw I got one built on Monday.

Given the number of these rifles that appear on the shelf, perhaps it's just a matter of time when the aftermarket follows and gunsmiths become more familiar with making them shoot.

GW, my Steyr was 500 out the door used and so ugly it would scare the paint off of a used car. The 2 things it does well are shoot and work every time. Aftermarket for this is nonexistent unfortunately also.

10/4.

A few more things I like. The SBS system, Bolt lock on safe and their two stage trigger.

ya!

GWB

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Price very reasonable Tech, no interest in it around here. If I can't sell, going to see if I can get it re barreled in a fast twist 280.

I am always interested in "investments that shoot".

PM your way.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Not wanting to start a pissing match but what are some of the design similarities?

Other than removable mag I cannot think of anything else similar.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/06/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by geedubya

I am always interested in "investments that shoot".

PM your way.

Best,

GWB
Hey now GWB...stealing my potential purchase eh? grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With ALL the Browning experts here - I have a question. Are the stocks for a 7-08 the same as for a WSM??? A Bolt 1 & 2 only. I can't get past the looks of a 3. I have a 7-08 Micro with a standard stock on it and standard mag boxes. I'd like to buy another SA (Medallion preferred) and use this wood on it. Then I can go back to a Micro stock and mag on the 7-08.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1eyedmule, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,561
Posts18,453,703
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.