Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Eurooptics has some decent prices on some Left Hand Christensen Rifles,

Mesa Ti on sale about 500 off, 1 or 2 of those lefty’s left,

Then a few other Ridgelines and Mesa’s.

Just a heads up if your in the need, I grabbed a Mesa Ti in .308.

BP-B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Wow at 5.1 lbs that is impressive. I had no idea that any manufacture made factory rifles for us lefties that light, except maybe Weatherby.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Mine should be here Wednesday night, I’ll weight it and post the weight, I’m expecting 6.25 out of the box,

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Be very cautious of those rifles. Do your research - they are known for inaccurate and defective barrels right out of the box. You honestly couldn't pay me to shoot a CA Ridgeline/Mesa rifle. You can be MUCH further ahead with a Remington 700 platform and pick your barrel, stock, etc.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Kevin24
Be very cautious of those rifles. Do your research - they are known for inaccurate and defective barrels right out of the box. You honestly couldn't pay me to shoot a CA Ridgeline/Mesa rifle. You can be MUCH further ahead with a Remington 700 platform and pick your barrel, stock, etc.

I've also heard that from a couple friends. Barrel or chambering?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My Mesa shoots sub MOA and feeds anything I shoot through it. I know some have had issues, but going on 4 years and no issues.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Kevin24 have you actually owned one or just going on the Internet forums? Honest question. The internet definitely makes it seem like it would be a bit like playing Russian roulette and that might be the case but the only one I have ever personally owned and shot has been a good gun. It’s a right hand 6.5 prc ridgeline I bought for my wife and daughter to use. In all fairness I did drop it in a different stock and glass bed it myself so maybe that makes a difference. Also it runs a SWFA 3-9 so that removes one variable😁

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Have a Mesa and Ridgeline and they both shoot great.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

What research? On the internet?

LOL.

99 guys will say good to go, but guaranteed at least one will differ, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Kenneth

LOL.

99 guys will say good to go, but guaranteed at least one will differ, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Like anything, there are specific forums and groups for everything out there. Go join the CA Arms Facebook group and read your heart out. I was once on the fence buying one when I didn't know any better. Again, if that's the risk you want to take...knock yourself out. Me, I will put my hard earned money elsewhere and not take the chance.

For the money those rifles cost, you can build yourself a rifle that is tried true and proven. Why would you take the gamble? No thanks.

Last edited by Kevin24; 02/08/23.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

LOL.

Like anything, there are specific forums and groups for everything out there. Go join the CA Arms Facebook group and read your heart out. I was once on the fence buying one when I didn't know any better. Again, if that's the risk you want to take...knock yourself out. Me, I will put my hard earned money elsewhere and not take the chance.

For the money those rifles cost, you can build yourself a rifle that is tried true and proven. Why would you take the gamble? No thanks.
You must have a gunsmith who works very cheap and a place for "black market" prices if you think you can build a comparable rifle at CA prices. Especially at the price point that Eurooptic is offering with their present sale. Yes, I bought 2 to add to the 3 others I've purchased in the past.

Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Kevin, please tell me where I can have a rifle built with those components for 1600 bucks,

titanium left hand action

Stainless barrel

High end trigger

MOA guarantee

Fluted bolt and bolt shroud

Threaded muzzle

Muzzle break with thread protector. (Not a big fan of brakes)…..

Fiberglass stock

Base weight of 6 lbs or less,,

I’ve played mind games with my self for the last year or so, Was going to have Hill Country Rifles build me a rifle some what similar to the Ti,

6 grand for the base rifle….

Since you did reply to this thread, in the Left and forum, I’m going to assume your familiar with the very limited options to us lefties,

Is there a left hand stainless or even titanium action out there that isn’t 1k or more? For just the action alone.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not built, but you can put together a functional equivalent.

Stainless T3X LH $850
Stockys Carbon Fiber Stock $490
Barrel threading and bolt fluting <$300
Sell your factory stock -$75

Grand total: $1565

It's not a titanium action but will be lighter than the non-FFT Ti Mesa.

I have one Mesa FFT and three Tikkas. That's not nearly enough to judge the accuracy of the platforms. I feel like I've read enough accounts to know that you have a better chance of getting a Mesa that doesn't shoot.

When it comes down to features, I prefer the hinged floor plate of the Mesa to the Tikka DBM. I prefer the Tikka 70° bolt lift to the Mesa.

There is no doubt that you get a lot of rifle for the money from CA. Can you have a comparable rifle for the same or less money? I think so. Can you pay a gunsmith to build you one? Doubtful

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rovert

Stainless T3X LH $850

I have one Mesa FFT and three Tikkas. That's not nearly enough to judge the accuracy of the platforms. I feel like I've read enough accounts to know that you have a better chance of getting a Mesa that doesn't shoot.

When it comes down to features, I prefer the hinged floor plate of the Mesa to the Tikka DBM. I prefer the Tikka 70° bolt lift to the Mesa.

There is no doubt that you get a lot of rifle for the money from CA. Can you have a comparable rifle for the same or less money? I think so. Can you pay a gunsmith to build you one? Doubtful
You forgot about threading a barrel/break, trigger Tech Trigger, Bedding, etc. to mention a few options.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Kevin, please tell me where I can have a rifle built with those components for 1600 bucks,

titanium left hand action

Stainless barrel

High end trigger

MOA guarantee

Fluted bolt and bolt shroud

Threaded muzzle

Muzzle break with thread protector. (Not a big fan of brakes)…..

Fiberglass stock

Base weight of 6 lbs or less,,

I’ve played mind games with my self for the last year or so, Was going to have Hill Country Rifles build me a rifle some what similar to the Ti,

6 grand for the base rifle….

Since you did reply to this thread, in the Left and forum, I’m going to assume your familiar with the very limited options to us lefties,

Is there a left hand stainless or even titanium action out there that isn’t 1k or more? For just the action alone.

Not arguing, didn’t know the Mesas had a Ti action?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've avoided Christensen because of the rumors, but more because a one-time Christensen dealer friend told me it was virtually impossible to get them to take responsibility for inaccuracy issues. Take it for what it's worth though. I have a Kimber Montana I love and the same could be said about them.

Last edited by RHClark; 02/09/23.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by rovert

Stainless T3X LH $850

And then when you go to sell it on here, people will have a fit about how its a cobbled together Frankenstein gun. No thanks i would just buy a CA

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by stevevan1
You forgot about threading a barrel/break, trigger Tech Trigger, Bedding, etc. to mention a few options.

I included $300 for barrel threading and bolt fluting. Bolt fluting runs about $120 and barrel threading about $100. That leaves $80 for a brake. Yeah, that's probably a little light but the total will still be around $1600.

I haven't run into bedding and aftermarket triggers being necessary with Tikkas.

The point is, there is a simple way to get a LH, less than 6lb rifle that will shoot.

I'm not bashing CA or the Mesa at all. I think they're very nice. I bought one for my son. Just showing another way to skin the cat.

Son's 6.5 CM Mesa FFT/ Daughter's .260 Tikka

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Not arguing, didn’t know the Mesas had a Ti action?

There is a Ti version, not all are Ti.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403
And then when you go to sell it on here, people will have a fit about how its a cobbled together Frankenstein gun. No thanks i would just buy a CA

An aftermarket stock and barrel threading makes it a Frankenrifle?

I'm not sure the "resale value card" plays very well in a CA vs Tikka debate from what I've seen in the classifieds.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.