Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'd rather pound 10 penny nails into my ear than shoot a 69 at 600 or beyond in the wind.

Love them at 300 and less.

At 400, they shoot decent in the 1 in 9" Bushy barrel I got from my friend. I won't complain about 1" groups at 400 yards, but some of you have different requirements. Such is life..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I'd rather pound 10 penny nails into my ear than shoot a 69 at 600 or beyond in the wind.

At 400, they shoot decent in the 1 in 9" Bushy barrel I got from my friend. I won't complain about 1" groups at 400 yards, but some of you have different requirements. Such is life..
400 is 200 less than 600. smile Plus, I guarantee you didn't shoot that group in the wind. 69s are very accurate bullets, they shoot tighter than 77s in calm conditions in most of my guns. 52s are even more accurate as a rule, but I won't shoot those beyond 200 because of wind.

Politics is War by Other Means
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

yes. at 5/600 yard range is where BC starts to make a difference.
many times flat based non-high BC type bullets are more forgiving on getting to shoot accurately.. for closer range work

Last edited by ldholton; 02/07/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

400 is 200 less than 600. smile Plus, I guarantee you didn't shoot that group in the wind. 69s are very accurate bullets, they shoot tighter than 77s in calm conditions in most of my guns. 52s are even more accurate as a rule, but I won't shoot those beyond 200 because of wind.

Agreed, when I dabbled with Service Rifle 25 years ago, 69s were mostly used at 200 if even then. By 300 it was 77s with 80s at 600. Mostly Match Kings, but some JLKs and even Hornadys. That was here in Phoenix, so I would expect regional variations.

Last edited by MikeS; 02/07/23.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mike, I used to shoot 52s at 200 because they shoot so well and have such little recoil. But I got burnt shooting them in the wind, so now I shoot 69s at 200.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

BC benefits start at the muzzle and never wane. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Ladies,

Recoil starts at ignition and never wanes until the bullet has travelled beyond your control.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

It is an oft encountered constant,that CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktards,just "happen" to be Thieving Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Though it grants an Imaginary Pretend Reprieve from suffering being themself,if only for fleeting moments,as they "live" vicariously. Perhaps cite how many times a day you think about me and the durations of same? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ladies,

Recoil starts at ignition and never wanes until the bullet has travelled beyond your control.

Barrel time matters...

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MikeS
Ladies,

Barrel time matters...
Fug stick only knows BC. If you can't put it in JBM and spit out a result, he can't comprehend that it might matter.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1:9 twist. Can it hold up accuracy-wise to 600 yards?
Accuracy wise, they'll shoot tight. Wind wise, you'll get blown around a bit at 600 yards. That said, I'll say that I've seen great scores posted at 600 yards by super human wind dopers.

Army shot 69gr Federal Gold Medal Match at 200 and 300 yards for a long time, even after the 75 Hornady's were available (I think they eventually switched to 77 Sierras). When I asked them why, the reply was that the 69's shot tighter than the the heaviers available at the time...and that they could read wind.

I've shot 77's out of a 9 twist that were marginally stable. They grouped well, but the holes were a bit oblong. But I know good shooters that were choosing 9 twist barrels to shoot Sierra 80's because they were getting better accuracy at 600 yards than 8 and 7 twists. I'm never that lucky, so I don't do it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Drooling GoogleGals keep at it,from your Couchbound Kchunts. Barrel Time,is far easier to CONTROL,than wind and thus the impetus for BC. Hint.

Barrel Time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Feel free to cite Lock Time too. Google as you MUST. Hint.

You Do NOTHING Kchunts be SURE to start a Thread,if/when you fire your first Live Round of the New Year. If only in fairness,it's been 17 minutes since I last shot. Hint.

I've never seen a true 9" RPM,not stabilize Hornie 75 HPBT's,in any/all atmospheres. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When was the last time you competed in a match, much less won one, stick?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep pounding the pavement,stealing pics,"living" vicariously and DREAMING aloud. Hell...perhaps next month,will be The BIG Day when you get to fire the 1st Live Round of 2023?!? Then again. HINT.

How many times a day do you think about me and what are the average durations of same,as you try to skirt the suffering of being you? HINT.

"Slow" day yesterday,too. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick, I could go months not shooting and still outshoot you with an AR.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

It's not a matter of "could" not shoot,but the fhuqking HILARITY of simplistic facts,that you do NOT and the copious very WELL founded Insecurities that follow suit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you can "afford" to steal pics and "live" vicariously,as you DREAM aloud. Hint.

How many times a day do you think about me and what are the average durations of same,as you try to skirt the suffering of being you? HINT.

"Slow" day yesterday,too. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unfortunately, I'm confronted with the thought of you every time I see you posting about things you know nothing about.

Too scared to take me up on the AR shooting? I figured. You'll just continue with the Rumpelstiltskin posts. A legend in your own mind.

Looks like ARC has an EIC in July.

Last edited by Tyrone; 02/07/23.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No (flailing) response yet?

What, does it get under your skin that someone you so look down upon can outshoot you?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you can "afford" to steal pics and "live" vicariously,as you DREAM aloud. Hint.

Why is it your EVERY thought and "move",is fueled by me,yet you make less than zero fhuqks to anyone? Keep extolling those very WELL founded and countless Insecurities,as you set astride your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

ARC's have done been here,for more than a "while". Though "only" in .224" and .243". Google as you MUST and nod that pencil neck,to swing that pointy head like you "understand". Hint.

Cheer up,yesterday was a "slow" day too. Hint.

Be SURE to start a Thread,if/when you fire your first Live Round of the New Year. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Try to keep up, Fug Stick.

ARC - Alaska Rifle Club not "Advanced Rifle Cartridge". laugh 🤣😂🤣

https://akrifleclub.com

You really are a stranger to the range! 😂

Last edited by Tyrone; 02/07/23.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
666 members (219DW, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,906 guests, and 1,404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.