Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Heavy and solid.

Yes! LOL,

Which ones?

The assumption is he answered your question about the ones you posted a pic of. Those are damn heavy and solid. I run them on my lightweight 338wm. If I were you, I'd check out the one piece Leupold back country. They are like talley lighteweights, but slightly different and made by Leupold. It seems like you are wanting Leupold. Do they need to be QRW/PRW though?? Leupold also makes a lighter ring than the PRW, it is also called the back country. They are made of 7075 aircraft aluminum and are quite a bit lighter than the steel PRW's. They also make a ring that resembles the Burris Zee ring that are very nice. Those are the LRW rings and are made of steel. They cost more than Burris zee's, but are pretty much the same thing. All of those would work nicely on your rifle, but material they are made from, cost and weight are up to you to decide on..
I wouldn’t call those rings solid. I broke a set by hand torquing the bottom screws that enables it to clamp to the base .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Heavy and solid.

Yes! LOL,

Which ones?

The assumption is he answered your question about the ones you posted a pic of. Those are damn heavy and solid. I run them on my lightweight 338wm. If I were you, I'd check out the one piece Leupold back country. They are like talley lighteweights, but slightly different and made by Leupold. It seems like you are wanting Leupold. Do they need to be QRW/PRW though?? Leupold also makes a lighter ring than the PRW, it is also called the back country. They are made of 7075 aircraft aluminum and are quite a bit lighter than the steel PRW's. They also make a ring that resembles the Burris Zee ring that are very nice. Those are the LRW rings and are made of steel. They cost more than Burris zee's, but are pretty much the same thing. All of those would work nicely on your rifle, but material they are made from, cost and weight are up to you to decide on..
I wouldn’t call those rings solid. I broke a set by hand torquing the bottom screws that enables it to clamp to the base .

The PRW's I have are damn solid. If you broke them, you were way over tightening them.. You must be alwaysoutdoors like a gorilla..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

536 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 43 invisible), 1,904 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,765
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.