Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm just curious if any of you have taken any time to use or experiment with Chatgpt? If you don't know what it is, you probably should look into it. This artificial intelligence is mind blowing and both extremely scary and exciting at the same time. Any of you that have tried it, what are your thoughts? I will share my thoughts after I see what some of you have to say.

Last edited by Big Sky; 02/07/23.

Is it Friday yet?
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Awaiting it's arrival here on the fire. Pretty soon nothing but bots chatting back and forth. You'll know when the "I" part starts coming into all the ever do this or that threads.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Awaiting it's arrival here on the fire. Pretty soon nothing but bots chatting back and forth. You'll know when the "I" part starts coming into all the ever do this or that threads.
Its not far off. Chit is absolutely terrifying once you dig in deep. Everyone should be 100% against this garbage. World ending possibilities

Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I agree gunchamp. Aside from it's capabilities the fact that only two people have replied is even more terrifying. It's right here on our doorstep and people don't even know it's there. I'm not a doomsday type of person. I ignore 99% of all the end of the USA and end of the world threads on this site. However, this stuff is real and is expanding at such a rapid rate even it's creators can't keep up and are at a loss as to what to do in regards to the danger it presents.

Is it Friday yet?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Even though it's AI, it can still be manipulated by humans with an agenda. To me that's the dangerous part.

IC B2

Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That is exactly what is happening and why it's creators are scrambling trying to figure out a way to harness nefarious use of this seemingly uncontrollable powerful tool.

Is it Friday yet?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Sky
I agree gunchamp. Aside from it's capabilities the fact that only two people have replied is even more terrifying. It's right here on our doorstep and people don't even know it's there. I'm not a doomsday type of person. I ignore 99% of all the end of the USA and end of the world threads on this site. However, this stuff is real and is expanding at such a rapid rate even it's creators can't keep up and are at a loss as to what to do in regards to the danger it presents.
I promise you the far majortiy of the worlds population has no idea what this actually is and what it will be able to do in the future as it gains more knowledge. AI has stated in the past that mankind is bad for the earth and to save the earth, mankind should be eliminated. So lets build something that learns and becomes smarter than any human could possibly ever dream to be. Enough people think this is cool tech. So we integrate it into every day things. It gains control and we cant stop it. Not sciemce fiction fellas. Its real and its here

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reivertom
Even though it's AI, it can still be manipulated by humans with an agenda. To me that's the dangerous part.
Youre scared of the wrong thing i promise you. Think big picture

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any of you that have tried it, what are your thoughts?

The unsettling aspect of it for me is that it does so well at generating "conversational" text. Of course it knows a lot of facts, that can be done just by crawling the web, but that it can weave that knowledge into an exchange the way a person would is definitely different.

Things like ElevenLabs' voice generator are interesting but in a different way. Same for MidJourney making artwork, Synthesia making videos. Those at least have humans behind them directing the output....ChatGPT and its peers don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any of you that have tried it, what are your thoughts?

For what its worth, ChatGPT says:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Not sure if I believe that. It sounds like something a robot would say to throw us all off its track.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
At 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, on August 29th, 1997, Skynet became self-aware....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
You'll know when the "I" part starts coming into all the ever do this or that threads.

The absence of grade school level grammar and spelling mistakes would be a dead giveaway, unless they train it on existing posts.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I was listening to a podcast today and they were discussing how woke the app is.

Apparently it won't write ten paragraphs on the positives of white culture. Ask for the same on black culture and it'll cream itself.

And yeah, a pretty freaky step in the wrong direction if you ask me.

Crazy to think how good they are gonna get at deep fakes too. Heck, 90% of the 24hcf already can't spot a faked Youtube vid LOL.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never heard of it, but what I'm learning here isn't positive.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm pretty sure AI will conclude mankind is a threat to the planet, and shut the lights off.
Everytime I hear about a glitch on Wall Street or a hack on a financial center, I figure it's game on. Lol

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Gotta remember that AI is at it’s core, machine code. And who wrote said code? Well, look who lives in San Fran and you’ll see why it’s dangerous. Communism is baked right in.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Uh oh, it is aware....

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
..the fact that only two people have replied is even more terrifying .

This ^^^^^^^^^has got to be one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a long time. How many people have the time to sit around replying to doomsday predictions on a forum?

My wife is quite familiar with this program, but she’s involved with data analytics and process automation type things. She’s quite excited about it, doesn’t see it as the end of life on earth. I don’t pay much mind to it…rather shoot, hunt fish…do other things.

Mathew 22: 37-39

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Supposedly designed as an Internet version of Siri and Alexa.

Microsoft is introducing a vastly updated version of Bing that is touted as being faster and more accurate than Chatgpt.

AI is in the main just a creation made by a Domain expert and a programmer.

Can it be used nefariously? Sure it can.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm just curious if any of you have taken any time to use or experiment with Chatgpt? If you don't know what it is, you probably should look into it. This artificial intelligence is mind blowing and both extremely scary and exciting at the same time. Any of you that have tried it, what are your thoughts? I will share my thoughts after I see what some of you have to say.
Is that the one Microsoft bought up ?? Nope. They bought Nuance. But they are investing in ChatGPT. It appears Microsoft is buying up a bunch of companies.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

192 members (257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 204guy, 30 invisible), 1,864 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,162
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.