Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I was puttering around tonight and found a few G.Loomis, Lamiglass and a Berkeley IM7 fishing rods that I didn’t remember I had. I have a couple duplicates and several options for the types of fishing I do but I have not been fishing much…..that will be remedied this year! 😀 They’d fallen and were laying comfortably behind a cedar chest. I have a lot of fishing gear so I didn’t realize they were missing but 4 of them are favorites for different fisheries. I found a few old scales too..a Chatilon’s with a 1892 patent date.

I also found a small sample of a larger cartridge that I have accumulated over the years.

A little diversion from the winter doldrums and squabbles….a few random pictures of stuff. Feel free to add to it….

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am still looking for any primers I may have misplaced!!

Those gold scales, I may have a set that looks very similar.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/07/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cool Aces!

Not sure if this fits your theme or not, but the past few weekends, out in the hills, I found .30 Govt. casing from the 1930s and a Bennett primed 50/70 casing from 1866-1868.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 270jrk
Cool Aces!

Not sure if this fits your theme or not, but the past few weekends, out in the hills, I found .30 Govt. casing from the 1930s and a Bennett primed 50/70 casing from 1866-1868.
👍🏿

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very nice find!

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A 120 yr old frontier dog house in the forest, food bowl still in front.

[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 270jrk
Cool Aces!

That’s exactly my theme. 👍🏼 I like hearing about the things that are found….anywhere.

I know fireballz found an old mining or logging camp buried in the rainforest. All that stuff is cool

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

[Linked Image]

thats actually sorta cool.... I like it!

Reminds me of Schtick's place up in Alaska...
hear he eats out of a bowl just like that one also...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I was puttering around tonight and found a few G.Loomis, Lamiglass and a Berkeley IM7 fishing rods that I didn’t remember I had. I have a couple duplicates and several options for the types of fishing I do but I have not been fishing much…..that will be remedied this year! 😀 They’d fallen and were laying comfortably behind a cedar chest. I have a lot of fishing gear so I didn’t realize they were missing but 4 of them are favorites for different fisheries. I found a few old scales too..a Chatilon’s with a 1892 patent date.

I also found a small sample of a larger cartridge that I have accumulated over the years.

A little diversion from the winter doldrums and squabbles….a few random pictures of stuff. Feel free to add to it….

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I like old booolets! But, I'm old and used some of those along the way.

Loved the photos!!
cool cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We moved some old furniture and in the bottom of a drawer found
some stuff I must have bought at a gun show. A box of 9mm
Black Talons and a 25round mag for my Browning Hi-Power. I guess
I went to a show and just had to buy something and immediately forgot.
Alcohol was probably involved.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I was going through old scope boxes, found a 3.5x10 Leupold VX-3 scope. I have no idea where it came from. I put it on a 99 I picked up yesterday.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I found $20.00 in the pocket of my snowmobile jacket one time.

I would much rather find a half dozen $400 + fishing rods though. smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

[Linked Image]

That is really cool.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Neat stuff.
Several years ago I was rabbit hunting with my brothers and a guy that had a pack of beagles. While waiting for a rabbit to circle back I was standing in a harvested soy bean field and looked down and found an old shotgun shell base. All the paper was long gone except for that inside the base. At was from an old Peters shotgun shell that had a small primer surrounded by an octagon, I believe. I found it on a web sit a few years ago and it dated to about 1920.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I have that Berkeley rod in a 6'10" model. It was a favorite until the tip got accidentally shortened.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I found both of these in the 70's.

The forged tool found at an old mine near Prescott AZ. Have no clue what it was but must have been important with the loop on one end for hanging. The loop is about 1 -1/2" diameter.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The knife found on a dirt road by Seligman AZ. The handle was broken off from being run over and my brother made the black epoxy handle for it. Marked "A. Wingen"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Loomis rods; I have several fly rods & 2-3 spinning rods as well.

I don't know how their current stuff is but the GLX , IMX & GL4 rods that I have, have been great rods to fish with, mostly steelhead & salmon.

MM

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
In the woods, I found an old still once. Another time I found an old cast iron stove with nothing around it but woods. Figure the structure burned long ago. When we moved last Spring I found quite a bit of new brass and some bullets that I didn't remember buying. 44 Magnum, 44-40, 22 Hornet, an ammo can of LC 7.62 Match Ammo.

lightman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Found a screw on hubcap off a 1910's-20's Chevrolet in a creek bottom that was inaccessible by vehicle! I thought!
You could tell the hubcap had been removed with hammer and chisel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
89 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 784 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.