Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm halfway through the book. Grittier than Killing Kennedy, and parts of it are painful to read, and recall the news of terrorist actions. More to the point of the book, I think, is that it tells of a lot of stuff that never made headlines, for one reason or another.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
O'Reilly is a Vax pushing choad

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Pretty much everyone with any education supported the vaccine program. For many, if not most, it looked like vaccination was the right thing.

I'm not so sure that vaccination of those who have or had severe health issues was altogether wrong. But it looked like, and still looks like agenda driven medicine, to me.
I'm not real trusting of public agendas, or of politicians playing doctor.

The OReilly books are worth a read anyway... I don't follow political commentary, or current events through the normal news cycle. Likely couldn't have picked OReilly out of a lineup, til I read Killing Kennedy.
The guy knows how to present historical fact.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by johnw
Pretty much everyone with any education supported the vaccine program. For many, if not most, it looked like vaccination was the right thing.

I'm not so sure that vaccination of those who have or had severe health issues was altogether wrong. But it looked like, and still looks like agenda driven medicine, to me.
I'm not real trusting of public agendas, or of politicians playing doctor.

The OReilly books are worth a read anyway... I don't follow political commentary, or current events through the normal news cycle. Likely couldn't have picked OReilly out of a lineup, til I read Killing Kennedy.
The guy knows how to present historical fact.

The first part of this is WRONG.

Ymmv

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of folks were hoodwinked by the leftist political establishment on Covid. There are a lot of folks with egg on their faces today over it.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Covid is boring. It has and will kill people, but it's just another virus that does ugly things.

The vaccines, and in particular the mRNA vaxes are boring and potentially dangerous as well.

OReilly's books are anything but boring...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
O'Reilly was a draft dodging coward, no better than Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, or any of the other chicken hawks who hid behind a 2-S college student deferment while the real men got sent to the southeast Asia meat grinder. Couldn't pay me enough money to read any of his trash books!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The wife brought that book home from the library the other day,i have not even looked at it.

After reading the others that he has put out,it might not be worth the time.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

John I ain’t trying to get down in the mud here but your statement doesn’t sit well with me because it’s flat out WRONG!…
This has to be one of the most arrogant and ignorant statements I’ve seen here in a LONG time. I am “educated” and I saw the bullshit immediately. My education is in biology with an emphasis on microbiology and I was immediately suspicious that despite decades and decades of trying and failing that they were suddenly successful in creating a safe and effective vaccine….and they did it in record time…less than a year from beginning to end.

It doesn’t take an “educated” person to know that vaccine development is a long term proposition with strict protocols and guidelines for development and testing. Those same uneducated people could come to the conclusion, without the interpretations of the educated, that when profit-driven multi-billion dollar corporations like those that are big Pharma are given carte blanche to bio-engineer a vaccine with NO ADHERENCE to the usual safety protocols, no long term testing and total blanket immunity they’ll seek profit over altruism. Keep in mind that using mRNA is NOT common in vaccines, it’s a “new” and experimental vehicle that had no place being used so prematurely.

Education or the lack there of is not an accurate barometer of support for the “vaccine” program. Some of the most educated people I’ve known were dumber than dogshit while conversely I’ve known some incredibly intelligent and talented people that didn’t go to high school. What the scamdemic highlighted was the gullibility of so many sheep and their willingness to follow, in spite of mountains of information to the contrary, politicians. The “educated” as well as the uneducated voluntarily ignored the facts since the facts didn’t support what the politicians and media were force feeding them through Fauci and his bullshit spewing minions and CHOSE to take the rushed experimental clot shot.

Educated people as well as uneducated people know that a vaccine is meant to protect the host from getting infected by the disease the vaccine is designed to protect against. Educated people SHOULD know that forcing someone else to get a medical “procedure” done for the express benefit of everyone except the individual getting the procedure is antithetical to freedom and a wholly unacceptable proposition.

The entire BULLSHIT covid narrative, the forced “vaccination” program that was pushed and legitimized by the super EDUCATED fu.cktards in government and “higher education” and the willingness shown by the educated sheep to fully buy into the bullshit is all the information and examples needed by the rest of us uneducated purebloods to know that WE made the right choice.

The bullshit we’ve been dealing with these passed few years has nothing to do with education and everything to do with common sense. Common sense can’t be bought, it can’t be taught and as we’ve seen it is in extremely short supply.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

John I ain’t trying to get down in the mud here but your statement doesn’t sit well with me because it’s flat out WRONG!…
This has to be one of the most arrogant and ignorant statements I’ve seen here in a LONG time. I am “educated” and I saw the bullshit immediately. My education is in biology with an emphasis on microbiology and I was immediately suspicious that despite decades and decades of trying and failing that they were suddenly successful in creating a safe and effective vaccine….and they did it in record time…less than a year from beginning to end.

It doesn’t take an “educated” person to know that vaccine development is a long term proposition with strict protocols and guidelines for development and testing. Those same uneducated people could come to the conclusion, without the interpretations of the educated, that when profit-driven multi-billion dollar corporations like those that are big Pharma are given carte blanche to bio-engineer a vaccine with NO ADHERENCE to the usual safety protocols, no long term testing and total blanket immunity they’ll seek profit over altruism. Keep in mind that using mRNA is NOT common in vaccines, it’s a “new” and experimental vehicle that had no place being used so prematurely.

Education or the lack there of is not an accurate barometer of support for the “vaccine” program. Some of the most educated people I’ve known were dumber than dogshit while conversely I’ve known some incredibly intelligent and talented people that didn’t go to high school. What the scamdemic highlighted was the gullibility of so many sheep and their willingness to follow, in spite of mountains of information to the contrary, politicians. The “educated” as well as the uneducated voluntarily ignored the facts since the facts didn’t support what the politicians and media were force feeding them through Fauci and his bullshit spewing minions and CHOSE to take the rushed experimental clot shot.

Educated people as well as uneducated people know that a vaccine is meant to protect the host from getting infected by the disease the vaccine is designed to protect against. Educated people SHOULD know that forcing someone else to get a medical “procedure” done for the express benefit of everyone except the individual getting the procedure is antithetical to freedom and a wholly unacceptable proposition.

The entire BULLSHIT covid narrative, the forced “vaccination” program that was pushed and legitimized by the super EDUCATED fu.cktards in government and “higher education” and the willingness shown by the educated sheep to fully buy into the bullshit is all the information and examples needed by the rest of us uneducated purebloods to know that WE made the right choice.

The bullshit we’ve been dealing with these passed few years has nothing to do with education and everything to do with common sense. Common sense can’t be bought, it can’t be taught and as we’ve seen it is in extremely short supply.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Please. (Applause).
Thank you very much. Appreciate it very much.

I’m honored to welcome doctors, scientists, industry executives, and state and local leaders to our historic Operation Warp Speed Vaccine Summit. It’s been some journey for all of us. It’s been an incredible success.

We’re grateful to be joined by Vice President Mike Pence, who has done an absolutely incredible job on the Coronavirus Task Force. Mike, thank you. Stand up, Mike. (Applause.) Great job.

We’re here to discuss a monumental national achievement. From the instant the coronavirus invaded our shores, we raced into action to develop a safe and effective vaccine at breakneck speed. It would normally take five years, six years, seven years, or even more. In order to achieve this goal, we harnessed the full power of government, the genius of American scientists, and the might of American industry to save millions and millions of lives all over the world. We’re just days away from authorization from the FDA, and we’re pushing them hard, at which point we will immediately begin mass distribution.

Before Operation Warp Speed, the typical timeframe for development and approval, as you know, could be infinity. And we were very, very happy that we were able to get things done at a level that nobody has ever seen before. The gold standard vaccine has been done in less than nine months.

On behalf of the entire nation, I want to thank everyone here today who has been involved in this extraordinary American initiative. I also want to recognize members of my administration who have worked tirelessly in this effort:

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Despite other faults he has Oreillys Killing books I’ve read, Kennedy, Lincoln, and currently the Killers are pretty dang good.

No one would know it to listen to me, but I’m kinda educated. Most of it must not have taken though because I was always against the Covid vaccine. And I’m not anti other vaccine.

Many institutions of “education” are also pretty left leaning which may explain why some think many educated people were pro Covid vaccine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
O'Reilly was a draft dodging coward, no better than Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, or any of the other chicken hawks who hid behind a 2-S college student deferment while the real men got sent to the southeast Asia meat grinder. Couldn't pay me enough money to read any of his trash books!
Pray tell, what dishonor is there in refusing to go to fight and kill people in a foreign country that poses no threat to your country and is separated from us by an ocean they have no ability to cross?

What honor was there in submitting to being sent to a "southeast Asia meatgrinder"?

Before it was over our soldiers started fragging their officers and USN sailors were seriously disabling their own ships.

Personally I had better things to do as a derrick man and roughneck on a drilling rig during the time they were trying to draft me. It was probably as dangerous as soldiering and I was paying taxes and have been since I was 15.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Go stand in the coward's corner with O'Reilly.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Try to get over it

This is a book thread. Nobody cares about your education. Nobody who counts cares anything about who's vaccinated, pro-vax, anti-vax, or mutant...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Try to get over it

This is a book thread. Nobody cares about your education. Nobody who counts cares anything about who's vaccinated, pro-vax, anti-vax, or mutant...

LMFAO…..It was your only move, well done. 😂😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've read most of them... generally a good read that are easy to get into fast and get through picking up some good historical information on the way.

Better books out there for sure but they take more time and focus to read thoroughly, IMHO. For many Americans though it is better history than nothing...

Not sure how much of the credit Bill actually deserves on these either... he uses the same "ghost writer" on every one of the series. Bill certainly is at least partially there for name recognition, sales, and ultimately $$$.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Try to get over it

Did you kill your poor dog yet?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Remember when your hero Obama and his simian wife wife, mooch told ever American to stay home, don't go school, Get boosted, not travel and not visit elderly family members wear a mask and to close all churches and businesses down, then he held a 60 th birthday party with a large crowd who flew in from all over the US . no one was masked, social distanced or vaccinated at his soiree except his slaves who served food and drinks?

Originally Posted by Sycamore

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Please. (Applause).
Thank you very much. Appreciate it very much.

I’m honored to welcome doctors, scientists, industry executives, and state and local leaders to our historic Operation Warp Speed Vaccine Summit. It’s been some journey for all of us. It’s been an incredible success.

We’re grateful to be joined by Vice President Mike Pence, who has done an absolutely incredible job on the Coronavirus Task Force. Mike, thank you. Stand up, Mike. (Applause.) Great job.

We’re here to discuss a monumental national achievement. From the instant the coronavirus invaded our shores, we raced into action to develop a safe and effective vaccine at breakneck speed. It would normally take five years, six years, seven years, or even more. In order to achieve this goal, we harnessed the full power of government, the genius of American scientists, and the might of American industry to save millions and millions of lives all over the world. We’re just days away from authorization from the FDA, and we’re pushing them hard, at which point we will immediately begin mass distribution.

Before Operation Warp Speed, the typical timeframe for development and approval, as you know, could be infinity. And we were very, very happy that we were able to get things done at a level that nobody has ever seen before. The gold standard vaccine has been done in less than nine months.

On behalf of the entire nation, I want to thank everyone here today who has been involved in this extraordinary American initiative. I also want to recognize members of my administration who have worked tirelessly in this effort:

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Being a multi media journalist doesn't necessarily give a guy the skill set to successfully write a book that anyone wants to read. A good ghost writer can turn a story into a page turner.

In my mind, OReilly was the one with access to information and files that lead to interviews and help from various intel sources such as OReilly's "five wise men" as he called them in the book.
I'd credit Dugard as being the one who put it together in a format that was engaging and readable.

As mentioned above, I really don't know much about OReilly. Looked him up while I was reading "Kennedy", and realized he was one of the bombasts that I occasionally spotted on TV. Right before I changed the channel or turned it off.

Whether he's a vax dodger or a draft pusher is of no interest to me. And, by the way, a student deferment was not draft dodging. If you signed up for the draft, and the government doesn't pick your number because they place a higher value on what you are engaged in, you didn't dodge anything. You were excused, on merit.

OReilly has both knowledge and perspective. The books are readable, in my estimation. And some consider me to be a book snob.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

I was 2 S, which ended in July 1972.... there was only one more draft call after that... 200 guys... I was one of those folks...
I was the only one at the testing station at Chelsea Naval Station in Boston that didn't go out and get on the buses, that had us all bound for Ft Dix NJ.

One of the doctors told me that we could qualify for delayed enlistment... as long as I kept myself full time in college and maintained a 2.0 average.
I took it.... When I graduated college in 75, I went into the service...that got delayed several times.. and finally left for basic in Jan 77. Served 2.5 yrs active and 4 years Reserve....

My dad was a career office... he spent 49 months straight in SE Asia, flying CIA missions with "Black Birds" in unmarked C 130s...
He advised me on what to do... he didn't want to see me over there as he thought it was a real cluster F*$K.... besides his 49 months over there... he also fought in Korea, with the first Marines sent over from Japan, until the end... no break in combat for 2.5 years... the Korean War ended on his 21st birthday. He served in the Marine Long Range Recon unit. He arrived there from Japan in 1950, weighing in at 160 lbs of muscle as an 18 yr old gung ho kid, wanting to serve as his older brothers did in WW2...3 came home, 2 didn't. When the Korean War ended on July 27, 1953, he weighed 95 pounds.. He told me not to be a draft dodger, but don't volunteer to go over there...he didn't like the way it was ran from Washington... he retired as a Colonel, with 26 years of service...I had plans to go into the service after college anyway, as I was from a long line of people who served our country.
So it didn't change much any way...Just decided to not make a career of it...

I came out with MOSs of 91 Bravo, 91 Charlie, 91 Sierra, 300 F1 Medical Course, and 54 Echo ( NBC officer).

Lincoln, thank you for your service...

cheers,
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1Akshooter, 61 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,255
Posts18,467,016
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.