-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Any collector value for this box of Black Talon .357 Mag?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You'll probably find an idiot to pay a premium for it, but I sure don't understand why.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Prolly past xpiration date. Wrap in paper and dispose in trash

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Put them up in the Classifieds, am sure you will get a taker.....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Prolly be like gold in New Jersey….

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
ER doctors have nearly had their fingers sliced off removing those extra-deadly 'cartridges' from shot up street youth!! I read that in Newsweek back in 1992!!

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They only got valuable because they ended production.

There are better bullets avl. now that cause more damage, and are cheaper.

Collector value may be pretty high though, just because some people need to have what was banned to feel like they are "sticking it to the man".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Got two boxes of 10mm and don’t even own one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
ER doctors have nearly had their fingers sliced off removing those extra-deadly 'cartridges' from shot up street youth!! I read that in Newsweek back in 1992!!

LOL.

Yeah, no more cut fingers now... Those 9mm's will blow your lung plumb out! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
That explains all the doctors I've seen without fingers ! Always wondered why, but embarrassed to ask.
Thanks

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My dad at his old gun store in AZ sold the crap out of that...at gun shows too!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We had the very first confirmed Black Talon kill in the US in our county decades ago. LEO shot a hubby trying to slice his wife’s throat. Pop! Dropped like a sack of potatoes from a round into his skull. WW contacted our sheriff (member of our church) and wanted to know more about the terminal performance. It was terminal, no doubt about it. They asked him for a picture of the post mortem X-rays, which he provided. I got to see one…..side profile, lodged under his scalp on the far side, mushroomed just like you see in the advertisements.

Didn’t ask, but it appeared to be a 9mm.??

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Godogs57
We had the very first confirmed Black Talon kill in the US in our county decades ago. LEO shot a hubby trying to slice his wife’s throat. Pop! Dropped like a sack of potatoes from a round into his skull. WW contacted our sheriff (member of our church) and wanted to know more about the terminal performance. It was terminal, no doubt about it. They asked him for a picture of the post mortem X-rays, which he provided. I got to see one…..side profile, lodged under his scalp on the far side, mushroomed just like you see in the advertisements.

It begs the question (because of shot placement), wouldn't anything else do the same thing? Not criticizing, (I have some in 10mm and .45ACP in my stash), but a head shot is likely to be terminal regardless of whether it's a ball, semi-wadcutter, or generic HP.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Godogs57

It begs the question (because of shot placement), wouldn't anything else do the same thing? Not criticizing, (I have some in 10mm and .45ACP in my stash), but a head shot is likely to be terminal regardless of whether it's a ball, semi-wadcutter, or generic HP.

Yes.

It is why it was "sensationalized" in the news.

The whole surgeon gloves thing was bs too.

They use all kinds of sharp objects in an OR...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Years ago I was on shift when we were dispatched to respond and stage. There was a DV situation unfolding and they wanted the medics on scene and ready so we responded. Once we got the ok to enter there wasn’t much that we could do since the wife shot herself in the head using a Black Talon in a Glock 19. We entered and after assessing the patient I scanned the room quickly and noticed a perfectly mushroomed Hydroshock laying on the windowsill. Apparently a husband and wife were fighting when she locked him out of the house. She took his gun and in front of her husband watching through the sliding glass door she shot herself. The round just happened to have enough energy to get as far as the windowsill once it opened her noggin.

That’s a call that you remember but I’m sure that husband has memories I’m glad not to have.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I also through work got to see what a 9mm black talon would do point blank to the side of the head. Exited and hit the dry wall and fell next to the patient. Picture perfect black talon mushroom just like the pictures show.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kenster99
That explains all the doctors I've seen without fingers ! Always wondered why, but embarrassed to ask.
Thanks
laugh laugh laugh

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You mean the current stx ammo without the black color?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Someone will pay $40-60 for that box, maybe even more.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I put some 44 mag and 45 acp black talon I had on the auction a few years ago. I think they brought an average of about $100 a box at that time but it was when everything was hard to get. I'd paid a lot for them when I bought them so it was a good time to get out of them.

Bb

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.