Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
https://ammo.com/shotgun/20-ga-ammo...ot-lead-20-gauge-ammunition-from-federal

If link works scroll down to the 3rd offering, 20 gauge, 2 3/4" #6 field loads.

Thank you for the links. I bookmarked them.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

BP-B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
That outfit ships quick, they also have some great ammo deals if you poke around on their site.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It is starting to get back to normal here. Just a guess, but I've noted an uptick in interest in 20 ga shotguns and folks are buying ammo as soon as it hits shelves to feed them. I found the best prices and a good supply at the shooting club where I shoot. $14 OTD for 1oz of #7 1/2 shot @1250 fps. It is Clever brand from Italy. Never heard of it, but the guy at the club says it is pretty good. I'm shooting a round of clays in a couple of hours and will know more then.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The shortages have this time changed forever how a lot of people by ammo. Instead of buying a box or two they buy a flat..Not because they are shooting more...but they are finally understanding having ammo when you need it is your responsibility not some retailer to provide it...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Scheels in Fargo ND has #8 STS loads by the case for 109. Federal top gun for 99. They have almost every other 20 gauge ammo you could ask for. They also have a good selection of 16 and 28 ammo, and a full line of 12.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hi-base and 3" 5s and 6s are what we shoot most of here, and those are not on shelves, nor are they in inventory at the online sales...or they are limited in some cases to 2-4 boxes.

MB, it sure is the job of retailers to supply what the consumers want and need. THAT'S their business.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
L2S, it's only their business to sell what they can get. Some production manager or admin turd decides what is made and that choice is allways gonna be what turns over the fastest. Specialty loads like you want aren't stocked anywhere but pheasant country here in the Dakota's. Get online with Scheels or maybe Dakotamart in Pierre SD, or Cabelas in Mitchell SD. Your best bet that I can see...mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 02/08/23.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I saw a bunch of 20 gauge shells in Walmart yesterday. I guess I should go back and buy some since there is a shortage.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I saw a bunch of 20 gauge shells in Walmart yesterday. I guess I should go back and buy some since there is a shortage.

You should, and if you actually own a 20ga, buy them all…..

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
L2S, it's only their business to sell what they can get. Some production manager or admin turd decides what is made and that choice is allways gonna be what turns over the fastest. Specialty loads like you want aren't stocked anywhere but pheasant country here in the Dakota's. Get online with Scheels or maybe Dakotamart in Pierre SD, or Cabelas in Mitchell SD. Your best bet that I can see...mb

Honestly, I can’t believe anyone is still depending on stores for their needful things these days. I was in Costco yeserday hoping to score some lump backfin (no dice), and decided to buy some of their Columbian coffee beans. Again, no dice.

If you’re out and find what you want, sure go for it, but waiting, wishing, and hoping it’ll show up just doesn’t get you the goods anymore. Costco online has the coffee I want.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Our Walmarts around here seem to have enough to get a guy by in 12 and 20 with a smattering of 16 and 28 thrown in. No boutique loads, but I could hunt about anything from dove up to geese with their offerings if I had to.

Rogers has some, but all in case quantity.

Kent Fast Lead in 6's and 7.5s
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/Ult-FL-Upland-20g-23-4-1oz-8

Rio Royal Pheasants in 6's
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com...4-1-oz-royal-pheasant-copper-plated-shot

Winchester Super Pheasant in 5's
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com...easant-copper-plated-diamond-grade-loads

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348

You should, and if you actually own a 20ga, buy them all…..

Given that about all I use a shotgun for is for turkey hunting, I've probably got all the shotgun shells I'll ever need,

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Troutnut
I've noticed the same. Plenty of 12 gauge locally, even 16s and 28s are easier to find. Only thing worse is 410s they're nonexistent
410 bore are tough. But every few months you find some if you are looking. If you are lucky its a good gun store and will see you cases.

Good luck.

I'm feeling a bit caught too. Even though I haven't shot a shotgun in years we only have less than 10 of those half cases of 12 left laying around. Wife demanded more buckshot so we bought 400 rounds of that a few months ago.

20 I've not even looked for. Though last times I was in an Academy they had every gauge except 410 bore.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Our Walmarts around here seem to have enough to get a guy by in 12 and 20 with a smattering of 16 and 28 thrown in. No boutique loads, but I could hunt about anything from dove up to geese with their offerings if I had to.

Rogers has some, but all in case quantity.

Kent Fast Lead in 6's and 7.5s
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/Ult-FL-Upland-20g-23-4-1oz-8

Rio Royal Pheasants in 6's
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com...4-1-oz-royal-pheasant-copper-plated-shot

Winchester Super Pheasant in 5's
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com...easant-copper-plated-diamond-grade-loads

People buy shotgun shells in less than half case quantities. The 250 round flats? I never really realized that I guess.

Maybe turkey shells but even if I wanted that I would be tempted to buy a flat to last for life.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Here's the size of the grouse we have. #6 and #5 shot are the correct medicine. I wish America would wise up and start loading #7 shot, not that neither fish/nor fowl #7 1/2.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Are those Chukar ? Never seen one hereabouts

Sage Hen

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Hit up the Wal-Mart in Midlothian, VA. Shelf full of 20 gauge.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was in a Walmart back in late summer, walked through and they had 20 ga Estate brand. Price label said 1.49. Waited 10 mins for someone to come the sporting goods counter to ask them to verify the price. Dude looked super annoyed as he pointed to the price label and said “it’s right here man”. I asked how many I could buy and he said he had bunch, while looking even more annoyed. I said I’ll take them all. Kept a flat for myself even though I rarely shoot 20 ga and passed the rest on to friends and family.

Stupid fooker. I am assuming someone had them miss marked. Don’t even feel guilty.

CK
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Same here. I picked up 3 of the 100 pack Federal #8's last time I was there. It all depends on being there at the right time.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Switch
Here's the size of the grouse we have. #6 and #5 shot are the correct medicine. I wish America would wise up and start loading #7 shot, not that neither fish/nor fowl #7 1/2.

Sage Hen

Top picture are sagehen

The next two photos are Dusky (Blue) grouse.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

These are chukar, the Devil-birds.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,926 guests, and 1,422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,672
Posts18,399,514
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.