Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
LBP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thank You, it’s a tack driver!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
GB1

L
LBP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/img]
The Strata scored again, 75gr Gold Dot about 125 yards off shooting sticks. She made it about 25 yards and fell insight.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That’s a great build, LBP. Nicely done.

L
LBP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thank You Sir

L
LBP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Ttt

IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Just when i finally get this rifle out of my head it gets bumped up top. That is a dandy! An i want one Bad.

L
LBP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
You know Hitman I had that action for a couple years before I decided what to do with it, I pleased with the outcome.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
LBP

Ive enjoyed this thread, and check in on it often. I have at least 7 of Les's rifles and have killed a ton of game with them. I have a Strata 223 imp on order with him. Twisted 7 with a 21 inch, number 2 threaded barrel with a Wyats box. Im pretty excited about it showing up. Im sure it will live its life in my hunting truck.

Best, Billy

Last edited by Chaser; 02/08/23.

Turn em loose ...
L
LBP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Chaser
LBP

Ive enjoyed this thread, and check in on it often. I have at least 7 of Les's rifles and have killed a ton of game with them. I have a Strata 223 imp on order with him. Twisted 7 with a 21 inch, number 2 threaded barrel with a Wyats box. Im pretty excited about it showing up. Im sure it will live its life in my hunting truck.

Best, Billy
That sounds awesome, I wish I had went 1-7” but I’m beyond pleased with mine. It absolutely hammers deer with 75gr gold dots and only uses 24.5grs of powder I love it!!

Don’t forget to post pics when it comes in!

Last edited by LBP; 02/08/23.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
About 30 years ago my dad had a 338 that if my memory is correct was built by Rifles inc. Damn thing amazed me how a 5.5 pound 338 could kick about like a 270. Had four nephews in their early teens at the time. Took the gun to the range and the boys shot up two boxes of factory loads and would have shot more if I had it. I really wanted one but they were out of my price range at the time.

IC B3

L
LBP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
I believe it, Lex builds a great rifle.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If I could get over being slapped in the face by the muzzle brake blast I'd own a bunch of them. I've had a 270 and 30-06 AI built by Lex and they were perfect in every way other than the brake. Without the brake the 270 was manageable but the 30-06 without the brake was too much for this old man.

I think a 6-06 W/O a brake would cover a lot of ground

L
LBP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
If I could get over being slapped in the face by the muzzle brake blast I'd own a bunch of them. I've had a 270 and 30-06 AI built by Lex and they were perfect in every way other than the brake. Without the brake the 270 was manageable but the 30-06 without the brake was too much for this old man.

I think a 6-06 W/O a brake would cover a lot of ground
It would definitely! I’ve actually thought of a 240 weatherby same thing myself.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Think iam gonna do a Strata in 6 Creed. I have another project in the works at the moment but it should be thru by May/june ish.
What was the timeframe on your 223 from start to finish?

L
LBP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
It was the first time ever I had a build completed early! I don’t remember the exact dates but Lex quoted 6 months and it took about 5 1/2.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Good deal. Be in touch with him soon
Thanks

L
LBP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Yes Sir

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I’m going to date myself a bit. As a young GI in Fairbanks, AK., back in the late 80s I used to drool over one of his rifles at a local sporting good store (I think it was called Fin n’ Feather).

Yours certainly looks every bit as good as the on in my dreams! Congratulations!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
LBP Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Akbob5
I’m going to date myself a bit. As a young GI in Fairbanks, AK., back in the late 80s I used to drool over one of his rifles at a local sporting good store (I think it was called Fin n’ Feather).

Yours certainly looks every bit as good as the on in my dreams! Congratulations!
Thank You Sir, it’s a great rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Biebs
I've owned 5 or 6 of Lex's customs. He really knows how to put together a hunting rifle.

Not quite that many but at least three I can recall, from a 25/06 to a 284 to a 416 Rem Mag. All were well made and accurate.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (300_savage, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 5sdad, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 14 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 799 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,386
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.