Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
That looks pretty nice! Says it comes with a Colt mag., I don't know if those are readily available or if there are other substitutions.

I would think that it would be better, but have no experience with it, nor have I read anything about it.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
ARIC

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I recently joined the Ruger PC9 club.

Swapped the magazine adaptor to Glock, put the mag release on the starboard side (I'm a lefty), and put the Primary Arms 3X Micro Prism on top.

The ACSS reticle is calibrated for 7.62x39 to 600 yards. I did some ballistic homework, and it looks like it should make a fine 300-yard holdover reticle with 9mm, using a 30-yard zero.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Picked mine up this morning.....still waiting for 6 spare Mags

Stayed with Ruger mags.....no Glocks in the house...Ruger 17's were $22 a pop

Brought it home...got familiar with it......cleaned 'er up good

Mounted Holosun 510C Green....Added Tanemkross bolt handle/mag release button/compensator

Warmed it up with some 124 gr FMJ handloads

Holosun was 2" low to start but center.....good to go now

Thinkin' I'm gonna like it

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
9mm, no. I won a 40 cal on an auction. $490.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I've been meaning to update on my carbine but, life has had me piddling around and being a responsible adult, hate when that happens.

Good buy viking!

I mounted a Sig Romeo 5 on mine, and got it sighted in. This little carbine seems like it wants to group pretty good at 50 yards, when I can determine the actual dot from the comet tail flares. Keeping the brightness adjustment low helps. Going to mount a scope on it one of these days for a range trip or two, just to see how well it can do.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I don't have any Glocks either but decided to go that way for magazines, though I went with the Magpul mags.
https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/pmags/glock.html

I ordered 3 -17 round mags, and wanted to try the little 10 round one, but it was out of stock, so I ended up getting a 12 round one. The thought was that a shorter one would be a bit better to carry around in the woods.

The springs in these magazines are stiff! I've since ordered a maglula gadget that should be delivered today.

The magwell insert was an easy switch, and all of the mags worked perfectly.

I had some water jugs in the garage that I've been tripping over for a couple of months now, so decided to catch some bullets in them, fired from the PCC.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
The jugs were 51 yards from the muzzle.

The bullet on the left is a Hornady 115 grain XTP, velocity at 15 feet, 1206 fps. Bullet was in the 4th. jug, but had put a hole in jug #5.

Bullet on the right is a 124 gr. XTP, 1213 fps. The jacket was found in jug #4, core in jug #5.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slugflinger
I mounted a Sig Romeo 5 on mine, and got it sighted in.

How is that Romeo 5 working? I put one on mine but there was too much extra space in the rail slot and it kept shooting loose no matter how hard I cranked it down. I would love to put it back on the gun if possible. Thanks.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
So far so good, but I haven't put that many rounds through it. I'll have to watch it, and will report back if any problems arise.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Put a hasty 30-yard zero on this rig today. Handloads, 115gr FMJ over 6.0gr Unique. QL suggests 1575 fps, but I need to chronograph them.

Not a rock steady rest, but managed about 1" groups at 30 yards. If velocity is close, it will be up 1/2" at 50, back to zero at 75, and down 1.7" at 100.

What a FUN little carbine to shoot!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The jugs were 51 yards from the muzzle.

The bullet on the left is a Hornady 115 grain XTP, velocity at 15 feet, 1206 fps. Bullet was in the 4th. jug, but had put a hole in jug #5.

Bullet on the right is a 124 gr. XTP, 1213 fps. The jacket was found in jug #4, core in jug #5.

FYI, if you are using that ammo and gun for self-defense purposes, try shooting those rounds at the same medium from only a few yards away. The bullets probably are designed around different velocity parameters that the carbine barrel length may skew, especially close up. I shot Hornady Custom 124 grain XTP out of my PC Carbine 9mm from about 4 yards away from water jugs. (I got chrono results of 1305 MV out of my PC Carbine.) I only got into the third jug, while my Sig P365 and Sig P365 XL, with the same ammo and fired from the same distance but at lower velocities, got into the 4th jug. Of course, there was more expansion out of the carbine. The same array fired with a 124 Gold Dot out of the carbine resulted in an almost pancake flat overexpanded Gold Dot in jug 2. I shot it again and got the same result. A Gold Dot fired out of the Sig P365 XL got into the third jug.

I love my PC Carbine, but for self defense and general woods bumming, I keep it loaded with Buffalo Bore 147 grain +P hard cast or our own Mackay_Sagebrush's Lost River Ammunition Company 148 grain +P hard cast.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Good points Cheyenne, mine gets a mag loaded with Barnes Vor-tx 115 gr. Tac-xp ammo for home defense duty. Not that I've tested them much though, just a few to check cycling and that poi isn't off.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Just ordered one today....the #19122 as shown in pic

Along with a Holosun HS510C-FDE in Green dot

[Linked Image from ruger.com]
Are the barrels not centered in the shroud?

I wish they would make the mag well smaller to look more in line with the small magazines.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good points Cheyenne, mine gets a mag loaded with Barnes Vor-tx 115 gr. Tac-xp ammo for home defense duty. Not that I've tested them much though, just a few to check cycling and that poi isn't off.

I don't know if the Barnes Vor-tx is just a repackaging of the Barnes 115 grain TAC-XPD or not, but I got a 1 fps variation in muzzle velocity with the TAC-XPD between the Ruger PC Carbine and a Sig P365 XL (1069 for the Ruger and 1068 for the Sig) with a higher ES from the Ruger. That's pretty slow for a 115 grain +P round! Not surprisingly, those rounds fired from close range at water jugs both got into the 3rd jug with decent expansion.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for the info again. I only have one box left of these, and didn't have the chronograph set up on the day I fired them. These are not marked as +p, and I did put one across the Chrono from a 3" Kimber micro a while back, the one round went 1042 fps.

I know one round doesn't mean much.

Sounds like pretty good performance from your batch, even though they don't seem to gain anything much in the longer barrel.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't had mine for very long, but I LOVE it. I immediately set mine up for Schlock magazines. You will never see me with a Schlock pistol on my hip, but the magazines are good, reliable, and cheap (though don't go TOO cheap...). I haven't shot it a tremendous amount yet, but I have had zero problems, other than a couple of bobbles with some lousy ETS magazines (the too cheap ones). Throw those things away. The followers tilt and jam up. I couldn't even get some of the really cheap KCI magazines loaded, the followers were tilting so bad. Oh well. $13 Magpul magazines work just fine. wink

I love the sights, they work very well for me, once the front was painted fluorescent orange (I am a firm believer that ALL front sights should be fluorescent orange).

I went ahead and got the A2 extractor and pins and some other little things from MCARBO, just because I could, though I don't know that it was really necessary (some have reported premature wear on their extractors). I also put on a Kaw Valley "linear compensator", or "blast forwarding device". It is not a silencer by any means, but it DOES WORK. Without it, firing the gun is right on the edge of making my ears ring. After a few shots it would start to bother me. But with the device on the muzzle, there is a small but noticeable difference, and I can shoot it all day with no ear ringing (of course you should never do that..... whatever).

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could get interested if somebody would make sleeve for the mag to make it look like it actually fit the well.

That mag/magwell is an oversight that makes it look like an add on after the fact.

A bit more pricey than I figured too. IMO $100 less would be more in line, at least for me.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I could get interested if somebody would make sleeve for the mag to make it look like it actually fit the well.

That mag/magwell is an oversight that makes it look like an add on after the fact.

A bit more pricey than I figured too. IMO $100 less would be more in line, at least for me.

I thought the mag-well looked kind of janky in photos. When I actually had it in my hands, it doesn't bother me at all.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Stophel
I haven't had mine for very long, but I LOVE it. I immediately set mine up for Schlock magazines. You will never see me with a Schlock pistol on my hip, but the magazines are good, reliable, and cheap (though don't go TOO cheap...). I haven't shot it a tremendous amount yet, but I have had zero problems, other than a couple of bobbles with some lousy ETS magazines (the too cheap ones). Throw those things away. The followers tilt and jam up. I couldn't even get some of the really cheap KCI magazines loaded, the followers were tilting so bad. Oh well. $13 Magpul magazines work just fine. wink

I love the sights, they work very well for me, once the front was painted fluorescent orange (I am a firm believer that ALL front sights should be fluorescent orange).

I went ahead and got the A2 extractor and pins and some other little things from MCARBO, just because I could, though I don't know that it was really necessary (some have reported premature wear on their extractors). I also put on a Kaw Valley "linear compensator", or "blast forwarding device". It is not a silencer by any means, but it DOES WORK. Without it, firing the gun is right on the edge of making my ears ring. After a few shots it would start to bother me. But with the device on the muzzle, there is a small but noticeable difference, and I can shoot it all day with no ear ringing (of course you should never do that..... whatever).

[Linked Image]

That looks great with the paint!

I love painting ARs. I'm trying to hold off on the PC9, but I'm getting weak looking at yours....grin.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
257 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 25 invisible), 1,716 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,932
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.