Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
My T3x sits in a McMillan Edge stock and I recently switched from Talleys to a rail and Seekins rings. I also switched from a 1” to 30mm scope.

Both setups have been good but I like the robust and flexible adjustment the Seekins setup offers.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Kenneth
So, If I was looking for Rings for my Tikka, that attach to the rail, You guys are sayin the Sportsmatch? From an Airgun store?

I need 1 inch rings, black or matte, medium or lows,,,T048C?

these? And I’d be interested in other options listed here, Could go with the Warne Vertical split, but just not feeling the love with those,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They are the ones everyone is talking about

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by timl
So, If I was looking for Rings for my Tikka, that attach to the rail, You guys are sayin the Sportsmatch? From an Airgun store?

these? And I’d be interested in other options listed here, Could go with the Warne Vertical split, but just not feeling the love with those,

Will these also work on the Sako 85?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MosesTucker
My T3x sits in a McMillan Edge stock and I recently switched from Talleys to a rail and Seekins rings. I also switched from a 1” to 30mm scope.

Both setups have been good but I like the robust and flexible adjustment the Seekins setup offers.

I think a lot of it depends on what you intend to do with said rifle, and how you set it up. If you are solely wanting a lightweight hunting rifle, go with the simplicity of something light that mounts to the rail, or a modified Talley lightweight. I run Leupold Dual Dovetails or steel Warne bases with Burris Zee rings, because that is what I run on my model 70's. A rail works great if you are running a real heavy big scope on a tacticool or bench rifle, or you need the flexibility of mounting for a real short tube scope, or you want cant in your sighting system (20 MOA for example). That is for reaching way TF out there though. How many guys really do that?? If I went through the trouble and expense of putting a Mcmillan edge on a Tikka T3, I would not run a rail, but keep the top half light as well. There's a fine line between balance and useability. I hate a top heavy rifle when I'm packing it around in the woods. I've sold rifles right after a hunt because they did not carry well. To each their own on that subject though.

There have been so many threads on this subject, some with great pictures and suggestions. I'd urge the OP to do a search for some of those threads. They can be quite informative. I also believe that sportsmatch only made 30mm rings at one time, or the 1" was very hard to find. Part of the reason I use what I use. If I were starting all over again, I'd just buy Sportsmatch rings for my lightweight hunting rifles and be done with it. I run 1" scope tubes on most of them. I like to keep them low and light. Good luck to the OP. I hope he finds what he is looking for.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Originally Posted by timl

Will these also work on the Sako 85?

No. Sako’s have tapered dovetail rails.

-JW
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Others have recommended the Sports Match rings. I have a set on my Tikka T3X and like them a lot. If you’re not going to be swapping scopes around a lot and just want a good mount/ring set up to mount and forget I can only tell you I’d get them again if I had another T3X to scope. I’ve had zero issues with them.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I've had two different mounts on mine, currently running a DNZ tactical which I like because it was 1-piece mount.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I always go straight to the integrated rail on my Tikkas and Sako. No extra parts needed.

This. Why put a rail on a rail? There are plenty of good options that utilize the receiver pin recoil hole(s) that are strong as [bleep] and lower than any rail setup.

Last edited by cotis; 03/03/23.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Inclination for (1). ring spacing for (2). Hint.

I get it,that NONE of you Crying Kchunts actually shoot and there's NOTHING fhuqking funnier than that! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts,for TRYING though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by cotis
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I always go straight to the integrated rail on my Tikkas and Sako. No extra parts needed.

This. Why put a rail on a rail? There are plenty of good options that utilize the receiver pin recoil hole(s) that are strong a [bleep] and lower than any rail setup.

Yeah but then you wouldn't be able to run a 20 MOA rail and a scope with crappy eye relief and tube length, use 2x heavy for caliber bullets, and be a virtual long range shooter.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchAgain,

Fortunately for your CLUELESSNESS and the fact that you are a LYING Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I prefer an inlined 1913 extended rail,because everything below zero,is 100% useless. Google as you MUST and nod your pencil neck,like you "understand". Hint.

Be SURE to start a Thread,should your kchunt ever leave the couch and you score your first $20. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Engraving "[bleep] Tikkas" on a Tikka says a lot about the owner...

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
*** You are ignoring this user *** hahaha.

same shtick, same Johnny one note, different day.

Must be a hell of a life to constantly think about and keep files for us all, and race to the clickety clack to feverously get a reply in with ad nauseum cut and paste. Imagine how productive life could be if half the time and effort involved was spent getting a hell of a lot more done than said.

Easier to bait and hook than a half dead chromium in trickle creek.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Crying Karen Cat Ladies are a "rugged" bunch...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Good job to whoever this youngun is

Another stinky pi$$ sprayer put out
of order that won't have to be dealt
with again

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just a picture from the 'Net. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Talley's in extra low for 1" 40mm objective work fine and won't move.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Until they do

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Another vote for the sports match. They're a good quality ring.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been very happy the Leupold backcountry setup on 2 of my Tikka's

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 47 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,390
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.