Givin the Reveal a hard look for '23 season

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are all runnin gen 2 tacticam round here

I Kill Things......deal with it..
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Started using my first cell camera a month ago "Tacticam". Been monitoring it and pulled the other day to verify what was on the camera card and what was actually sent to my cell phone. I was very happy to there were no photos on the card that were not sent to my phone. Had reservations about how well it would work as the cell reception is terrible at my property. I did notice that when it would snow, the sent photos may be a couple hours behind the actual time stamped on them. So far I am very pleased with the results.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by mmanincor
Started using my first cell camera a month ago "Tacticam". Been monitoring it and pulled the other day to verify what was on the camera card and what was actually sent to my cell phone. I was very happy to there were no photos on the card that were not sent to my phone. Had reservations about how well it would work as the cell reception is terrible at my property. I did notice that when it would snow, the sent photos may be a couple hours behind the actual time stamped on them. So far I am very pleased with the results.

I have a couple coming, wanting to get a better idea of when aoudads show up to one of my stands. One came to feeder last season at 12:00 PM. It was cold and raining so I stayed in stand, usually out by 10AM

He messed up

Last edited by hanco; 03/05/23.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
When using the cellular cameras do you have to use the same cell service for your phone as the camera?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Deans
When using the cellular cameras do you have to use the same cell service for your phone as the camera?

No, you do not have to.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Tactacam are the best I've used. Very easy to set up, batteries last forever and the picture quality is great.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I got a tacticam pro a little over a month ago. I wanted to see what it was like before it was "important" to me in the fall.

I had a feed pile on a new property to monitor inventory.

Through the cell cam, I was able to see the bucks dropped a few weeks early. I collected 7 sheds that I wouldn't have even looked for till a month later.

Service is pretty bad where it's at. I'm pretty certain I'm not always getting everything. But I knew service on my Verizon phone was pretty much none before I hung it. I should have tried the ATT card....still might if I stay on that property.

I'm impressed and happy with it. Because it's on food and poor service, it's going through batteries. I bought 2 lithium packs and they seem to work great.

So far, I'm completely happy.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Another Tactacam user - Gen 1 are still going strong, and have added a few Gen 2s in the mix.

Tactacam did an outreach program in the late Fall where their Techs reached out to their data plan subscribers for issues, questions, and product suggestions. I learned a few things about mine that was useful. And - the tech kept up with additional discussion topics, it was not a “one and done” contact.

The recommended SD card for Tactacam is a must, they just don’t operate as reliable without them. You’ll get pictures, but generally only 1/2 or less of the picture will recorded.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by AH64guy
The recommended SD card for Tactacam is a must, they just don’t operate as reliable without them. You’ll get pictures, but generally only 1/2 or less of the picture will recorded.

What is the recommended SD card for Tactacam?

IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Take a look at the Blackgate R4G, it is a newer company, they appear to have good service plans and true black flash capability and they will email you back if you any questions. I plan on buying several this summer after emailing them and talking with a gentleman who is currently running them.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I got two of the Tactacams for my birthday, will put them up soon

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jc189
Originally Posted by AH64guy

What is the recommended SD card for Tactacam?
Class 10 / Not Class 4
U3 / Not U1
16GB or 32GB, No more, No less
Minimum read speed of 90mb/s
Full-size SD card (Not micro-SD)

I get them off Amazon for about $9

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks. Good info.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 3 of the dual antenna Tactacams. They will transmit pictures in areas that my cellphone has no service. Picture quality is good, but not exceptional, and their subscription plans are reasonable. No issues with any of them after almost a year in the field. The solar charger helps to extend battery life. After 6 months the rechargeable battery packs were still showing 80% charge. They also have GPS tracking in case someone decides they like them more than you do. The first time they are turned on they will ping their location to your cellphone.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by badger
I have 3 of the dual antenna Tactacams. They will transmit pictures in areas that my cellphone has no service. Picture quality is good, but not exceptional, and their subscription plans are reasonable. No issues with any of them after almost a year in the field. The solar charger helps to extend battery life. After 6 months the rechargeable battery packs were still showing 80% charge. They also have GPS tracking in case someone decides they like them more than you do. The first time they are turned on they will ping their location to your cellphone.

That’s good to know

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have Tactacam Reveal and Browning cameras . The Browning is superior in every way , especially in picture quality .

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've used SpyPoints for over 6 years for my house in the UP and for in the woods....with the free 100 photos a month it was cheaper than using an alarm company and I had more cameras....

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by hanco
What is a good brand of camera that sends pics to your phone? Does it cost a monthly fee? How does that all work? Do you like them? Are they worth the trouble? I haven’t used cameras in years, got tired of fooling with them.

In my circle we've used a few different brands. Some bad luck with spypoints. Although I do have a couple of their cell link devices with cheap amazon cameras that have been doing amazingly well all things considered. The bushnell cell cams have been working well for a buddy of mine, but we are on to the tacticam reveals now. Hands down they are the best cell cams we've used. I have 3 myself now and can't say enough good things about them. Any new cams I buy will be reveals. I'm going to keep those spypoint cell links going for as long as I can though as the 100 free pictures a month are nice in the off season.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have two now, eager to put them up

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
480 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 45 invisible), 2,188 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.