Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
ihookem Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I will be looking at a 2008 Lund 1825 tiller / 90 Yamaha. Does anyone have one , or close to it for comments? It seems very clean on the pictures and asking $16,750 with tax. Does that seem ok??? Seems good to me, especially for a Lund. Salesman sais it looks almost new ( salesmen for ya) . If I dont like it, I think I could get all my money back in a few years..? Is there anyone out there with a Yamaha 90 or 75 ( same block).. Any info is nice.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That by chance isn’t a Lund Alaskan with a tiller 90 Yamaha and a trailer is it? A neighbor up in Green Bay had that one for sale for 6K or best offer!

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
No, it is up in NW Wisconsin. However, I am very interested in your neighbors boat , especially for $6,000. This one I am looking at is a Proguide. It is a little deeper and wider.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ihookem, that was in his driveway last year and it lasted exactly one day with that give away price on it. I’ve got all the boats I need, but I was the first guy that saw that one and stopped and he didn’t realize what he had for a high demand open boat. I called my boat buddies too on it, but they were into bigger lake boats or smaller fishing boat.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People love their Lunds.... around here people always question a riveted boat and welded is preferred. I've only had welded hulls but have had buddies with riveted boats that leaked or at least wept a little.

Side note.... my family used to have cattle trucks..... on the aluminum trailers, rivets were HIGHLY preferred over welding.... the rivets allowed the trailer to flex a little and avoid cracking.... welded aluminum was so ridged that when empty the bouncing caused weld cracking. Long story short, I've always thought this was the reason welded boats have issues with the transom cracking, etc. It seems like if someone knew what they were doing, a combination of rivets in areas prone to flexing/stress and welds in areas prone to leaks would be the best of both worlds.

Anyways, Lunds are the Toyota tacomas of aluminum boats.... great resale and people love em.... I say buy it 🤘🏻

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
That is a good observation about the wagons. I have a 32 yr. old Alumacraft V16. It is riveted and I have 1 that leaks about an ounce of water in about 5 minutes but only if I am on plane. I fixed it and lasted 5 yrs. with some caulk. I would go rivet cause I can fix them. A weld is a big price tag to fix.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
At 16k plus that seems a little hi? At the crazy time not long ago it was that. I’m seeing prices coming back a bit to reasonable.
If it’s super clean etc, go for it. How many hours on the motor? Will they warranty the motor for at least a year?

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Osky , those are good question. I also noticed prices coming down a bit and they are not selling so fast, so I am going to ask off $1,000, cause we are very likely going into a recession. The old man lived on the same lake as the marina. He died and it's in the estate. Likely, the money is just going to be split up among a million dollars , so , ,, A thousand off is reasonable for them to just get rid of it. They dont know the hrs, cause they are no ta Yamaha dealer. It is very clean, seems hardly used and likely wasnt if the owner died. The wife is going into a nursing home. The trailer is all but new , cause it was just used a few times a year. Has a tiller with steer assist a Hummingbird that was about $2200 , but is 12 yrs old. There is one hold back , it is a tiller , but I fish very good out of a tiller. The price does not seem to be reflecting that it is a tiller, they dont sell nearly as fast and perhaps I could knock them down $1,000 to go to the next repair, and there will be some cause it is 15 yrs. old.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The pro guide is one of the nicer tiller boats out there. Really stable ride. The 90 should push it pretty well. My only concern would be how it was stored. If the decks got wet and stayed wet, you could have some bad wood or waterlogged foam. I would also tap on the transom to see if you hear any signs of transom rot. Brunswick had to redesign their transoms after 2016. The price seems right, given the market. Id ask to take it to a yamaha service center and get a diagnostic/compression check. Also, if the electronics are old, I’d do a complete re-rig with an i-pilot in at least 24v if not 36v, and a couple new graphs. I’ve grown to really like having one on the bow.

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Good idea on checking to see of the floors are solid. It was stored inside a canopy by the way it sounds and stored in a shed in winter,,, and winter in NW WIsc. is about 8 months for a person with a lake cabin.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Biggest thing to worry about on that rig will the transom, trim the motor all the way up and grab the lower unit and yank up , watch for excessive flex when it drops.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
To the OP…
Remember as well you are looking at a boat that falls in the years Lund had transom issues. Those issues aren’t totally time on the water related. Expensive fix.
Secondly you mention the accessories. They are older and outdated, those don’t register much to me as far as sale valu.
Engine hours can be gotten from the motor with equipment the dealership should have on hand..
I bought a really nice Shorelander trailer this past fall for up to 19’ boats for just under 500.00. Used of course but that should give you an idea of valu on that part of the deal.
Anytime dealing with a dealership it’s likely higher priced than a private sale. They have to support the showroom and all else. I’d be thinking of a 10% decrease in what is being asked.
Just my personal thoughts. If you really want to check valu call your bank, give them the specifics, and ask them what they would loan you. It’s there business to be very close to right on as far as valu.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Ya know Osky, those are good ideas. I didnt know Lunds had transom issues and glad you told me. I think 10% off the price is a good idea too.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ihookem
Ya know Osky, those are good ideas. I didnt know Lunds had transom issues and glad you told me. I think 10% off the price is a good idea too.

It’s where I would start anytime when dealing with a dealer. As said, I’d tell them they could remove those out dated accessories and sell them themselves, discounting that as well.
It may not work but it shows them your thinking forward and not distracted by the supposed shiney things. You can always go up, doesn’t work trying to go down after the fact.

Osky

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I suppose it depends on how north and west that NW WI. is? Anything north of Highway 8 is a pretty depressed area. Mid February with a snow storm coming might be a good time to offer a discounted price to get a bigger boat out of their inventory. With an estate sale, that boat might be on consignment to a dealer and the heirs might be interested in a fast sale.

My other auto is a .45

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Windfall, the boat got sold yesterday. I thought I had till the weekend . It only had 125 hrs. on the outboard. I'm bummed about it. I do however, have my eye on an Alumacraft Competitor 18' 90 horse tiller. Sad part is, they want $26,000 for it, but only has 109 hrs on it. Its a 2015.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I would look at tuffy's as well. Being locally made I would think you might find a deal or two, great boats. I've run my present 1 from the gulf to ft. Peck with 0 issues and the one before that was just as good.

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Yes, I see a Tuffy once in a while and actually want one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ihookem
I will be looking at a 2008 Lund 1825 tiller / 90 Yamaha. Does anyone have one , or close to it for comments? It seems very clean on the pictures and asking $16,750 with tax. Does that seem ok??? Seems good to me, especially for a Lund. Salesman sais it looks almost new ( salesmen for ya) . If I dont like it, I think I could get all my money back in a few years..? Is there anyone out there with a Yamaha 90 or 75 ( same block).. Any info is nice.

Missed this until now, I have the 2008 1725 tiller with a 75 Yamaha. Love the boat and the motor, no problems. Watching prices I would not sell mine for less than 17,000

Always stored inside unless its on the water, so no transom issues, so far.

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Thanks Chris, I have also been considering 17' . Not sure I need 18 footer , but almost everyone sais a bigger boat would have been nice. It is so hard to find a decent boat now days that I have been considering settling for a 16' too. My1990 Alumacraft V16 / 1997 25 Merc has been flawless . Only one rivet leaks a little bit. The 4 bench seats however, are very hard to fish out of. Ya need to jump over benches just to get to the front to anchor, and I need to twist my back to handle the tiller . At 60 this spring, it is hard on my back . I have had the boat since new and just time to get something a little better for Green Bay, and a Lake called Lake Winnebago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,895 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,829
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.