Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rsiros
And to weigh in on the relevant comments, I don’t shoot competition, so those tools of the trade don’t impress me.

Neither does Stick. 😜

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hoalie,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute",albeit only with your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You can almost punctuate for your Tender self. Almost. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

retardo,

Your HILARIOUS Insecurities,are funnier than fhuqk as you DREAM aloud of somehow attaching yourself to me...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep trying to secure a co-signer,as you try to figure out a Kchunt that Don't Shoot turret. Hint.

Don't forget that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You keep doing you little buddy. Ever since your "I'm a liberal" meltdown in the general forum, and you posting your income (travel nurse pay ain't nothing to sneeze at, congrats) I get a big chuckle out of you.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😜

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hoalie,

Keep them Hurt Feeler Reports coming,along with your very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If only for context,cite how many times a day you think about me,the duration(s) of same and what I'm wearing. Luckily for you,Emoji's are free. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I am sure that is correct for some, if not many.
For others, their own pressure to do better is all that they need to motivate themselves to improve. I guess that could be considered self competition, if a guy wants to think about it that way.

Different people get motivated differently.
I think the pressure he is talking about goes beyond the psychological motivation to practice, and refers more to the adrenaline-packed “fight or flight” response that comes with time pressure, an audience, and competition. IME, it’s very real, and closely approximates the moment-of-truth feeling of finally finding the game animal that you’ve been looking for, and having to make the shot in limited time.

That is exactly the pressure he is referring to, and I am sure for a lot of people that external pressure does help them improve in many, many ways and for many reasons.

It just isn’t for me though. I highly suspect I’d get bored and unmotivated if in a competitive match, and just wouldn’t care. All I’d want to do is leave and go do something more enjoyable, without a lot of people watching.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by goalie
And to weigh in on the relevant comments, I don’t shoot competition, so those tools of the trade don’t impress me.

Neither does Stick. 😜

C'mon man! He shoots virtual on ballistic calculators, competing against himself. Old miserable Johnny one note. Yep, it's a big shtick, for sure.

Last edited by KenMi; 03/02/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchAgain,

I enjoy your Amazing CLUELESSNESS and the simplistic Fact,that you are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You (3) Do NOTHING Kchunts are The Twatly Trifecta. Hint.

Perhaps consider a Tournament,to crown which one of you thinks about me the most,while stating they "don't". HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
For others, their own pressure to do better is all that they need to motivate themselves to improve. I guess that could be considered self competition, if a guy wants to think about it that way.

I think the pressure he is talking about goes beyond the psychological motivation to practice, and refers more to the adrenaline-packed “fight or flight” response that comes with time pressure, an audience, and competition. IME, it’s very real, and closely approximates the moment-of-truth feeling of finally finding the game animal that you’ve been looking for, and having to make the shot in limited time.

That is exactly the pressure he is referring to, and I am sure for a lot of people that external pressure does help them improve in many, many ways and for many reasons.

It just isn’t for me though. I highly suspect I’d get bored and unmotivated if in a competitive match, and just wouldn’t care. All I’d want to do is leave and go do something more enjoyable, without a lot of people watching.
👍

Gotcha, Ted. Different strokes for different folks. It’s just another form of training/practice.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by huntsman22
it's only the 'best' of who is there that day.....

Correct.

Most who compete and don’t even win are better and have more balls than those who don’t attend

Maybe, but then again I'd bet there are a lot of great hunters who consider competition a waste of time, regardless of size of cahones'.
Precisely my thoughts. Why on earth would I waste time at a competition when I could actually be hunting.

Can't hunt 365, except for varmints, and many aren't interested in blowing away tiny animals.
I can. Hogs. It’s interesting, I love 3D archery competitions, but have zero interest in firearm shooting competitions. Frankly, I find many gun enthusiasts frightening. Around me they aren’t in it to practice for hunting, most don’t hunt at all. They want to imagine they’re Rambo. No thanks.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 03/02/23.
R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
You keep doing you little buddy. Ever since your "I'm a liberal" meltdown in the general forum, and you posting your income (travel nurse pay ain't nothing to sneeze at, congrats) I get a big chuckle out of you.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😜

Me? You got the wrong guy, kid. I’m not a liberal and I’m not a travel nurse.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And then, there is the addiction to winning. It is real, one top gun was asked if he enjoyed shooting, he replied no, I like winning.

Last edited by battue; 03/02/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue
And then, there is the addiction to winning. It is real, one top gun was asked if he enjoyed shooting, he replied no, I like winning.

I competed because it let me shoot more with a purpose. Competitions weren't super stressful for me in the sense I felt a failure when I didn't win. I just liked figuring things out on a stand or something. A chance to see new targets in different ways. To me, as in most of life, the process of learning is more fun than having the knowledge. If that makes sense.

Figuring out how to smoke a specific presentation was more fun than smoking it 10/10. Process > result. Others may vary but that was for me.

Me

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😜

Me? You got the wrong guy, kid. I’m not a liberal and I’m not a travel nurse.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by huntsman22
it's only the 'best' of who is there that day.....

Correct.

Most who compete and don’t even win are better and have more balls than those who don’t attend

Maybe, but then again I'd bet there are a lot of great hunters who consider competition a waste of time, regardless of size of cahones'.
Precisely my thoughts. Why on earth would I waste time at a competition when I could actually be hunting.

Can't hunt 365, except for varmints, and many aren't interested in blowing away tiny animals.

Sure you can if you have access and know where to go. Varmints/hogs/etc still count....it's still hunting which beats the crap out of punching paper and steel any day of the week.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Fair point.

What’s also telling is that posters saying “competition is a waste of time” are ignorant to the fact that competing makes your hunting game better

Shooting 1000 clay birds or 100 rounds at long range steel in various conditions on a weekend makes shooting live birds or that once-in-a-hunt shot at big game seem easy

My hunting game is plenty good enough without any help from competition shooting.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs

You competed back in the day Ted.. The old KD course which I am sure you have completed a few times. While not a "match" it was scored and under time.

While we weren't trying to win, I'd think most fellas on the line were trying to clean the course of fire, and I'd be lying if we weren't trying to beat our buddies or at least win a beer bet. whistle

The various shooting courses and especially qual ranges did cross my mind when responding earlier no doubt, and your argument absolutely does have logic. I was most certainly trying to clean the course but the only external pressure to do so was to keep my command off my back. Having others around watching and possibly judging me just didn’t motivate me at all. I am not sure if I am explaining this very well but I just didn’t feel the same way about external pressure and improvement under that pressure as some seem to.

It wasn’t tough to score expert on the qual range, but a pizza box wouldn’t have bothered me, truth be told. I can also honestly say we never made any bets on the range, that I remember anyhow. There was no need to make beer bets when cases were waiting for us back in the barracks. It is just how I am wired, I guess.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness...I've not shot since yesterday. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

You competed back in the day Ted.. The old KD course which I am sure you have completed a few times. While not a "match" it was scored and under time.

While we weren't trying to win, I'd think most fellas on the line were trying to clean the course of fire, and I'd be lying if we weren't trying to beat our buddies or at least win a beer bet. whistle

The various shooting courses and especially qual ranges did cross my mind when responding earlier no doubt, and your argument does have logic. I was most certainly trying to clean the course but the only external pressure to do so was to keep my command off my back. Having others around watching and possibly judging me just didn’t motivate me at all. I am not sure if I am explaining this very well but I just didn’t feel the same way about external pressure and improvement under that pressure as some seem to.

It wasn’t tough to score expert on the qual range, but a pizza box wouldn’t have bothered me, truth be told. I can also honestly say we never made any bets on the range, that I remember anyhow. There was no need to make beer bets when cases were waiting for us back in the barracks.

I am probably more in your camp with competitions and stuff like that, I was just bringing up that we have shot in that sorta forum in past. I love to shoot and shoot all kinds of stuff, but I am just as happy on the range by myself and have shot a few different disciplines while in the Marines while we were pitted against other fellow teammates to understand the "stress of timed, fast, and accurate" fire.

I will say the KD course of fire was always pretty low stress compared to other ranges we conducted.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Much like a good Dove field is more shooting than actually hunting.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The various shooting courses and especially qual ranges did cross my mind when responding earlier no doubt, and your argument does have logic. I was most certainly trying to clean the course but the only external pressure to do so was to keep my command off my back. Having others around watching and possibly judging me just didn’t motivate me at all. I am not sure if I am explaining this very well but I just didn’t feel the same way about external pressure and improvement under that pressure as some seem to.

It wasn’t tough to score expert on the qual range, but a pizza box wouldn’t have bothered me, truth be told. I can also honestly say we never made any bets on the range, that I remember anyhow. There was no need to make beer bets when cases were waiting for us back in the barracks.

I am probably more in your camp with competitions and stuff like that, I was just bringing up that we have shot in that sorta forum in past. I love to shoot and shoot all kinds of stuff, but I am just as happy on the range by myself and have shot a few different disciplines while in the Marines while we were pitted against other fellow teammates to understand the "stress of timed, fast, and accurate" fire.

I will say the KD course of fire was always pretty low stress compared to other ranges we conducted.

Makes sense…no doubt.
I just reacted to the external pressure differently.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 163bc, 204guy, 71 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,118
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.