Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
New CDS user here, and I wanted to see what the options were for not using the CDS turret. I bought a used VX2 with the CDS turret set up for a round that I don’t and won’t have. What are my options besides sending in for a new turret? Can I just use it as a regular old windage/elevation knob? Am I stuck needing to replace the one on there?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CDS is The Cough Silencer of scopes and stands for Kchunts Don't Shoot. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Sorry for being thick headed, but I’m not picking up what your putting down

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Man I hope you got thick skin!

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
That I do. Was i getting by balls busted there?

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
To actually answer your question, which a few are inept to do:

Yes you can use it as a standard set and forget turret. Adjustment is the same.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by rsiros

No, just a troll being a troll as usual.

Don't pick up what he puts down unless you want your hands smelling like BS

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thank you kindly.

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by KenMi

I get it… an attempt at humor. All good. Thanks again for answering my question.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Musta been BigShit. I've had it on ignore as long as there's been ignore.

Set and forget it re: the Loopy.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'HNTR,

Don't worry about me,I'll be fine. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

KenBitchAgain,

It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,that you feel the perpetual need to reiterate,that besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,that you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for "living" vicariously.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Reupold's as a whole and VX2's in particular,are steaming piles of fhuqking schit. Hint.

CDS is a Blue Haired Cat Lady Melting Snowflake Fairy Tale,to soothe Crying Karens who don't fhuqking shoot. One cain't affix enough stickers upon same,to meld Mechanics. Hint.

Just sayin'..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
What scopes do you recommend? Any hints?

Last edited by rsiros; 02/28/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Reupold's as a whole and VX2's in particular,are steaming piles of fhuqking schit. Hint.

Just sayin'..................

Leupold VX2 6-18 VHD

Dialed to 934

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd be looking for the antithesis of Reupold and opt a bullet steering device that tracks,repeats,holds zero and wears an effective reticle. Hint.

Though I actually shoot and such things just "happen" to make a fhuqk. Hint....................

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
As mentioned you can swap out back to old turrets or have a new one made to your specifications.
If you don’t dial 100 times every time you go out shooting, throw on the ground, leave it in creeks or some sort of extreme like that. That vx2 will work just fine. I have one in 3-9 on my 270 and it’s spot on. Once in a while going back to 0 at 200 it shoots about 1/2 MOA high. I know this and doesnt bother me.
Put tiny Di*k on ignore like ALOT of other members did to him. Majority are Over trying to decipher his 2nd grade writing skills, chit attitude, old pics …it gets old. Plus I like to pretend and laugh and not take hints or look at same old pics everyone has seen 1000 times. Actually little surprised he didn’t post all the boxes of Athlons and arkens

Last edited by Dre; 03/01/23.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Buy the correct turret, ain’t that much.

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thanks for the info, guys.

Dre… I know the type, and just like to toy with them a bit.

BS… thanks for the recommendation, but the VX2 will serve me well in the PA woods for whitetail. I wish I had the space and tools to use that Barrett though… just not practical for what I do.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
As the others said you can use as is and just count clicks, or set and forget.

I've got 5 CDS scopes and only had 1 dial made so far and that's for my 3Gun 1-6X. The majotrity I leave in MOA and either use the dope taped to my stock or Strelok. I'm often changing my loads, or the conditions change to much due to travelling to use the actual CDS feature.

As for "little dick", I made use of the ignore function the 1st week I was here. My time's too valuable to trifle with azzclowns.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Dre
... I have one in 3-9 on my 270 and it’s spot on. Once in a while going back to 0 at 200 it shoots about 1/2 MOA high. ..

?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Dre
... I have one in 3-9 on my 270 and it’s spot on. Once in a while going back to 0 at 200 it shoots about 1/2 MOA high. ..

?

That is why Leupold continues to sell scopes the way they do. Why fix something that people will accept? To me, shoot what you want, but an optic that does that isn't really reliable. It's akin to my truck only going into 4wd when it wants.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The standard CDS dial is in MOA. Get on Hornady.com and use their calculator. Print out a ballistic table with your load info and use the MOA column. Range your target, twist the knob to match up to the chart and shoot.

I have owned several CDS scopes and all have worked as advertised. Enjoy your new scope.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Dre

?
I know it sounds bad.
But when I dial up to 400,500, or 600 she shoots where it’s suppose to…if I do my part.
“Once in a while” it’s 1” high at 200 isn’t a deal breaker for me for $250 scope.
With my luck I’ll send it to leupold and it will track fine.
Kind of like when a car makes a noise and when you bring it to a dealer they can’t replicate it.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the info, guys.

Dre… I know the type, and just like to toy with them a bit.

BS… thanks for the recommendation, but the VX2 will serve me well in the PA woods for whitetail. I wish I had the space and tools to use that Barrett though… just not practical for what I do.

It is funnier than fhuqk,that now an exceptionally well handling rifle,of mechanical repute and reliable bullet steering,is now a "concession"?!? Hint.

You Kchunts that Don't Shoot are hilarious! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
No need to get your panties in a twist… use the right tool for the right job. Hint… Learn what overkill is.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've yet to "suffer" a rifle or a scope,that was "too good". Though the quest never ends. Hint.

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

It's never not funnier than fhuqk,when you Brokedick Kchunts that Don't Shoot,go from asking STUPID fhuqking questions,to suddenly being MAGICALLY empowered to giving "answers". Hint.

The constant being,when it's all said and done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said,than done...and you'll never even turn a lick. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just my opinion and it's free so take it for what it's worth- I only trust a CDS type turret out to about 450 yards. After that the atmospheric and elevation variables can be enough that you need to dope your shots.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The trouble with CDS,isn't the clock face,but rather the clock itself. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I've yet to "suffer" a rifle or a scope,that was "too good". Though the quest never ends. Hint.

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

It's never not funnier than fhuqk,when you Brokedick Kchunts that Don't Shoot,go from asking STUPID fhuqking questions,to suddenly being MAGICALLY empowered to giving "answers". Hint.

The constant being,when it's all said and done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said,than done...and you'll never even turn a lick. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Triggered… like a true blue haired snowflake.

Last edited by rsiros; 03/01/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only for context,perhaps cite how many times a day you think about me and the durations of same. Hint.

Then wax eloquent on your flattering quantification(s),that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery is a conscious "effort",or are my powers so great,that it's already subliminal? Hint.

Pardon reality and wares that exist...as you Pretend aloud. Hint.

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
It’s my thread, kid. You came here and put all this long winded effort and bluster in. Quantify how much you’ve written here and ask yourself who’s trying too hard.
Again… triggered, like the blue haired snowflake you are. Let’s see how long and clumsy your next response will be.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetheart,

I'm simply the guy,who shoots all the things you Google. Hint.

You are the Crying Kchunt asking AMAZINGLY Stupid fhuqking questions,because you are a Kchunt that Doesn't Shoot. Hint.

The only "move" you have,is to quantify that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
It’s my thread, kid. You came here and put all this long winded effort and bluster in. Quantify how much you’ve written here and ask yourself who’s trying too hard.
Again… triggered, like the blue haired snowflake you are. Let’s see how long and clumsy your next response will be.

lol. Another thread train wrecked by BS.

Same grandiose shtick, different day.

imagining and pretending to actually do something useful, but proof is in the pudding.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchAgain,

There's zero fhuqking need for you to quantify,that besides being a Brokedick Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep them Hurt Feeler Reports coming,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Sweetheart,

I'm simply the guy,who shoots all the things you Google. Hint.

You are the Crying Kchunt asking AMAZINGLY Stupid fhuqking questions,because you are a Kchunt that Doesn't Shoot. Hint.

The only "move" you have,is to quantify that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Yep… got ‘em… Again. Triggered. Going all Karen and even posting pics now. How much time have you spent on my post now? Got in this kids kitchen pretty bad!

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I think it’s funny toying with him and watching his temper tantrums. Got ‘em here and he can’t peel himself away.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Brokedick Kchunts that Don't Shoot,are fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

A CDS dial whooped your ass and now you are glued "living" vicariously,as if Do Nothing DUMBFHUQKTITUDE is an "advantage". Pardon my musing Mechanics,as you muse Estrogen Fueled Emotions. Hint.

I simply shoot more Skookum Wares in a day,than you have in your "life" and pardon that reality,as it likely isn't very fhuqking "fair". Hint.

Keep Pretending aloud,despite it being your ONLY "move". Hint.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Stick
Have you tried the seekins ph2?

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Sticky, Have you ever taken any of that fancy shooting gear, and all that rifleman knowledge that you think you have and ever shot any kind of a registered shooting match? Or are you just a internet key pounding wantabe?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeff',

I don't have a PH2,but dote on a First Gen in the MacaMillion,chambered 8" RPM 243 Kreed. Hint.

It's a fhuqking HAMMER with 112 MB Smooches at 3050fps,in binderless AICS. Hint.

Elements are Skookum too,with 147 binderless Smooches,right at 2700fps. Hint.

Just sayin'...................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh man. 'Stick has fresh meat to throw all of the pictures and maybe some videos at because rsiros hasn't seen them before. Have fun!

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Damn kid… you still here?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Nother "slow" day here. Hint.

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Paul, were you at? we need some more pics to replicate

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Yep… still here. And still looking for validation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drool,

There's no need to quantify that you are a Brokedick Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,which just "happens" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Crying Google Gals are a fhuqking HOOT! Hint.

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
After countless pictures and endless babble… still here… take a hint.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have never tried to set it with a custom dial. I run the numbers through a ballistics calculator and print out a cheat sheet. That way I can use the scope with more than one load and even move it to another rifle.

I have one on a 22 that I use to shoot out to 250 yards. I zeroed at 50 and had to use the old "trial and error" method to determine where to set the dials for various ranges between 50 and 250. I ran out of adjustment at 250.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
After countless pictures and endless babble… still here… take a hint.

spinning his wheels getting zero accomplished. Way more said than done.
same shtick, different day.

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I didn’t buy it with the intention of using the CDS— I just got a great deal from a friend on it. I’m pretty basic when it comes to my scopes and generally think less is more. I hunt deer, elk, and squirrel, and the squirrel gun, a CZ 452, needed upgraded from the 4X to a variable power scope… my eyes suck!

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Sticky, Did you miss my question on page 2, or are you ignoring it?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JMR40
I have never tried to set it with a custom dial. I run the numbers through a ballistics calculator and print out a cheat sheet. That way I can use the scope with more than one load and even move it to another rifle.

I have one on a 22 that I use to shoot out to 250 yards. I zeroed at 50 and had to use the old "trial and error" method to determine where to set the dials for various ranges between 50 and 250. I ran out of adjustment at 250.

A MQ Fixed Fhuqker has more on the reticle alone,than CDS does on the erector. Hint.

For Long Range Rimfire,I tend use 75 MOA of inclination,whether in Custom rails I ordered from Bob,or adding 'Horn rings to frost a lesser rail. This grants 50 Mil's all in,as a minimum,from a 50yd zero...which is 700yds+. Hint.

In fairness however,CZ's are Goat Fhuqk Rimfires and can't begin to hang with anything good. 'Course a SFP Reupold for a Kchunt that Don't Shoot and the absence of parallax control,only adds to the Raging Estrogen Brokedick HILARITY,espoused by the OP. As an aside,OEM CZ rings suck ass and I quickly had them fail. Bob' rail does nice things there,but the Rifle is simply fhuqking lacking in all regards. Hint.

If only because KenBitchAgain is glued to my EVERY fhuqking word and Splendid Pixel. Hint.

Pardon reality and wares that exist. Hint.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jim270
Sticky, Did you miss my question on page 2, or are you ignoring it?
He only replies to Sugartits

Sorry,I drank the Sako-Aid.My opinion may be biased.
bh444
R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
You still here? And still thinking about me and my new (used) Leupold? Got to give the kid credit… he’s determined. Determined to do what, I’m not sure, but damn if he’s not determined.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Come on Sticky, All that talk of smooches, B.C's, and all that internet key pounding stuff that you post, surely you have put your shooting skills to the test in at least one registered match, haven't ya?

I'd like to measure shooting pee pees with you, but first off you will just have to understand that I never had any of that fancy high dollar equipment that you are so fond of showing off here. Most of my high power stuff was won with a Rem 700 LA, in a wooden Classic stock topped with a Weaver T-24. See long ago it's been known, it's the Indian not the Arrow! Sticky I'll post this Az State HP silhouette trophy up, my name is on it twice. You top that and we'll play some more.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep filing them Brokedick Hurt Feeler Reports ladies,as you extoll on how very WELL founded your countless Insecurities are...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In fairness,I've never seen a Weaver T-series or a Wood Stock. Hint.

Let alone a L/A Classic. Hint.

Google s you MUST and cry as you do. Hint.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Show us a shooting trophy of some kind, ya little loud mouth key pounding little turd.

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Yep… still here, talking about “insecurities” as he posts every weapon he “owns” on the forum.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Perhaps consider holding your breath and stomping your itty-bitty feet,to add even more Hissy to your Fit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon the MacaMillion Classic,Bart' spout,Shilen double-ounce trigger,yada,yada,yada,as you "live" vicariously in Whining Brokedicktitude. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I get it… an attempt at humor. All good. Thanks again for answering my question.
His delivery is odd and he seems off kilter, but the content of his messaging is usually right on. What he’s trying to say is you can do a whole lot better than anything Leupold.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Seriously Sticky, You can't post one thing up? Not even a 4H shooting pin? All of your internet key pounding must be BS!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I stated simplistic Mechanical Facts,to the chagrin of Kchunts that Don't Shoot. Hint.

Few things funnier,than a bunch of Whining Brokedick Fhuqktards,trying to talk any/all things The Rifle. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some and being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Projecting this time, and yep… still here. Still thinking of me. Didn’t you babble something about flattery a few pages back? I’ve had you here trying to prove yourself for almost 24 hours now…

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
A "LEGENDARY" rifle guy like yourself surely has something to post up. Maybe a boy scout shooting badge?, or more key pounding. That's what you do best.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A 8" RPM 7-08,is a fhuqking MARVEL. Hint.

Though admittedly,I shoot 7-08 AyeEye too. Google as you MUST and simply Whine as you do. Hint.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Sticky, All ya got is a keyboard to pound and your mouth to run, when you can catch up to what I've posted, we will play some more, but I know that isn't going to happen, because you are just a want to be little phag!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At least on the "bright side",you Brokedicks can afford your Homoerotic Fantasies,as you wax eloquent upon your very WELL founded and fhuqking countless Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Some hang antlers and others stack up piles of cheap Chinese “wares”. Just sayin’

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But none of it counts unless you won a trophy.....

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Actually the failure rate for the beloved SWFAs is probably equal or even higher than Leupold when considering the numbers produced and sold.

That should add a twist or two to the panties and worth a couple Mydol.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations and good shooting. 👍🏼

I’m sure stick can shoot. He invests a lot of time and money into something he enjoys.

Shooting in practice sessions and performing great pales in comparison with shooting well under the pressure of competition or pressures of making a shot on a game animal when time is an issue

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
But none of it counts unless you won a trophy.....

What counts is getting it done in all conditions and pressures. Competition sorts out good shooters from the best shooters

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it's only the 'best' of who is there that day.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Correct.

Most who compete and don’t even win are better and have more balls than those who don’t attend

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ugh. Imagine that, Another thread gone to chit
Rsiros, ask tiny dick to post a pic of the bear on his shoulders and how he is carrying it… I mean hovering over the rocks. (Bad photo shop) lol.
But we are the liars and pretenders.
Hint….

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Correct.

Most who compete and don’t even win are better and have more balls than those who don’t attend

I've yet to see a big talker show up at a match and win.

Or place.

Heck, maybe not even top 50%

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Dre
Ugh. Imagine that, Another thread gone to chit
Rsiros, ask tiny dick to post a pic of the bear on his shoulders and how he is carrying it… I mean hovering over the rocks. (Bad photo shop) lol.
But we are the liars and pretenders.
Hint….

The 24" Homelite propped up on the stump is the go to. It's all photo perspective. Lmao

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by goalie

Correct.

Or place.

Ali would disagree with you.....

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue

Correct.

Or place.

Ali would disagree with you.....

I was talking shooting, but you're not wrong 😁

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Correct.

Maybe, but then again I'd bet there are a lot of great hunters who consider competition a waste of time, regardless of size of cahones'.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I figured you meant shooting....but just thru that in for fun.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Correct.

Maybe, but then again I'd bet there are a lot of great hunters who consider competition a waste of time, regardless of size of cahones'.
Precisely my thoughts. Why on earth would I waste time at a competition when I could actually be hunting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

Correct.

Precisely my thoughts. Why on earth would I waste time at a competition when I could actually be hunting.

Can't hunt 365, except for varmints, and many aren't interested in blowing away tiny animals.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Correct.

Hunting pictures are not loading?

Strange?

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
tag

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Correct.

Maybe cuz you shoot only once when hunting?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Correct.

That describes me. I am just not a competitive person and have never been interested in competition shooting. Maybe I am just grumpy...I dunno but I just can't force myself to get into it, and I really don't even enjoy informally blasting rocks all day. If I can't hunt all year (which I can in one form or another), I'd sooner just go to the bar or something.

Sorry to the OP. I am no help on the CDS question.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Correct.

That describes me. I am just not a competitive person and have never been interested in competition shooting. Maybe I am just grumpy...I dunno but I just can't force myself to get into it, and I really don't even enjoy informally blasting rocks all day. If I can't hunt all year (which I can in one form or another), I'd sooner just go to the bar or something.

Sorry to the OP. I am no help on the CDS question.

Competition has little to do with beating the other guy

It has all to do with learning how to bring your best when the chips are down. If your best can’t beat the other guys, so be it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fair point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Competition has little to do with beating the other guy

It has all to do with learning how to bring your best when the chips are down. If your best can’t beat the other guys, so be it.

The shooting sports are different than sportsball type things.

Only thing you can control is your shooting performance on that day.

You can't play defense and affect the other shooters.

Shooting your best might or might not win but it's the best thing that can happen that day, win or lose.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fair point.

What’s also telling is that posters saying “competition is a waste of time” are ignorant to the fact that competing makes your hunting game better

Shooting 1000 clay birds or 100 rounds at long range steel in various conditions on a weekend makes shooting live birds or that once-in-a-hunt shot at big game seem easy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fair point.

What’s also telling is that posters saying “competition is a waste of time” are ignorant to the fact that competing makes your hunting game better

Shooting 1000 clay birds or 100 rounds at long range steel in various conditions on a weekend makes shooting live birds or that once-in-a-hunt shot at big game seem easy

That could just be described as 'practice', as opposed to 'competition', or at least competition against others.
A guy could practice all day long, not win any kind of trophy to get pics of, not deal with crowds or whatever else, and still get the benefits you speak of.

I don't practice as much as I should for sure, for a few reasons, but think this is something important to clarify.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fair point.

That could just be described as 'practice', as opposed to 'competition', or at least competition against others.
A guy could practice all day long, not win any kind of trophy to get pics of, not deal with crowds or whatever else, and still get the benefits you speak of.

I don't practice as much as I should for sure, for a few reasons, but think this is something important to clarify.

Practice under zero pressure doesn’t come close.

👍🏼

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am sure that is correct for some, if not many.
For others, their own pressure to do better is all that they need to motivate themselves to improve. I guess that could be considered self competition, if a guy wants to think about it that way.

Different people get motivated differently.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For others, their own pressure to do better is all that they need to motivate themselves to improve. I guess that could be considered self competition, if a guy wants to think about it that way.

I think the pressure he is talking about goes beyond the psychological motivation to practice, and refers more to the adrenaline-packed “fight or flight” response that comes with time pressure, an audience, and competition. IME, it’s very real, and closely approximates the moment-of-truth feeling of finally finding the game animal that you’ve been looking for, and having to make the shot in limited time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kudos on the exceptionally FABULOUS unleashing,of very WELL founded Insecurities! EPIC Hilarity! Hint.

I enjoy all the reasons The Paper Hat Brigade concocts,to not shoot...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you gals rattle pom-pom's from the bleachers. Hint.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Correct.

Maybe cuz you shoot only once when hunting?

Along with many hunting situations are fleeting opportunities. You have developed a level of ability and react. In individual shooting competitions you know going in someone will perform close to perfection. It is not fleeting and often an all day or weekend grind of not missing, which allows the brain to get in the way. Two different mind games. Two different individual applications of what may be equal abilities.

There are victories to be won with both....

Last edited by battue; 03/02/23.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's never been difficult to savvy who shoots and who don't. Hint.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

You competed back in the day Ted.. The old KD course which I am sure you have completed a few times. While not a "match" it was scored and under time.

While we weren't trying to win, I'd think most fellas on the line were trying to clean the course of fire, and I'd be lying if we weren't trying to beat our buddies or at least win a beer bet. whistle

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's never been difficult to savvy who shoots and who don't. Hint.

Pretty sure this post ain't about hunting, so the "why complete when you could be hunting" crowd can get off his knob any time now.....

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Five pages deep and still posting… I love it. You’re my #1 poster here and kept this thread alive! Hell, I think you may have even given me some notoriety outside of the classifieds… thank you.

And to weigh in on the relevant comments, I don’t shoot competition, so those tools of the trade don’t impress me. I hunt, fish, and collect, so when I see plastic rifles with Yeti stickers on them, I just laugh and wonder if there is a matching Lulu Lemon outfit that coordinates with it. Seriously though, all the respect to those that shoot, no matter what your interests are. We’re all brothers and sisters that are united in protecting and keeping our rights as firearms owners. Shoot safe and enjoy your time in the sport.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And to weigh in on the relevant comments, I don’t shoot competition, so those tools of the trade don’t impress me.

Neither does Stick. 😜

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hoalie,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute",albeit only with your Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You can almost punctuate for your Tender self. Almost. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

retardo,

Your HILARIOUS Insecurities,are funnier than fhuqk as you DREAM aloud of somehow attaching yourself to me...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep trying to secure a co-signer,as you try to figure out a Kchunt that Don't Shoot turret. Hint.

Don't forget that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. HINT.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You keep doing you little buddy. Ever since your "I'm a liberal" meltdown in the general forum, and you posting your income (travel nurse pay ain't nothing to sneeze at, congrats) I get a big chuckle out of you.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😜

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hoalie,

Keep them Hurt Feeler Reports coming,along with your very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

If only for context,cite how many times a day you think about me,the duration(s) of same and what I'm wearing. Luckily for you,Emoji's are free. Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

I think the pressure he is talking about goes beyond the psychological motivation to practice, and refers more to the adrenaline-packed “fight or flight” response that comes with time pressure, an audience, and competition. IME, it’s very real, and closely approximates the moment-of-truth feeling of finally finding the game animal that you’ve been looking for, and having to make the shot in limited time.

That is exactly the pressure he is referring to, and I am sure for a lot of people that external pressure does help them improve in many, many ways and for many reasons.

It just isn’t for me though. I highly suspect I’d get bored and unmotivated if in a competitive match, and just wouldn’t care. All I’d want to do is leave and go do something more enjoyable, without a lot of people watching.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
And to weigh in on the relevant comments, I don’t shoot competition, so those tools of the trade don’t impress me.

Neither does Stick. 😜

C'mon man! He shoots virtual on ballistic calculators, competing against himself. Old miserable Johnny one note. Yep, it's a big shtick, for sure.

Last edited by KenMi; 03/02/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchAgain,

I enjoy your Amazing CLUELESSNESS and the simplistic Fact,that you are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You (3) Do NOTHING Kchunts are The Twatly Trifecta. Hint.

Perhaps consider a Tournament,to crown which one of you thinks about me the most,while stating they "don't". HINT.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

That is exactly the pressure he is referring to, and I am sure for a lot of people that external pressure does help them improve in many, many ways and for many reasons.

It just isn’t for me though. I highly suspect I’d get bored and unmotivated if in a competitive match, and just wouldn’t care. All I’d want to do is leave and go do something more enjoyable, without a lot of people watching.
👍

Gotcha, Ted. Different strokes for different folks. It’s just another form of training/practice.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Correct.

Can't hunt 365, except for varmints, and many aren't interested in blowing away tiny animals.
I can. Hogs. It’s interesting, I love 3D archery competitions, but have zero interest in firearm shooting competitions. Frankly, I find many gun enthusiasts frightening. Around me they aren’t in it to practice for hunting, most don’t hunt at all. They want to imagine they’re Rambo. No thanks.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 03/02/23.
R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
You keep doing you little buddy. Ever since your "I'm a liberal" meltdown in the general forum, and you posting your income (travel nurse pay ain't nothing to sneeze at, congrats) I get a big chuckle out of you.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😜

Me? You got the wrong guy, kid. I’m not a liberal and I’m not a travel nurse.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And then, there is the addiction to winning. It is real, one top gun was asked if he enjoyed shooting, he replied no, I like winning.

Last edited by battue; 03/02/23.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And then, there is the addiction to winning. It is real, one top gun was asked if he enjoyed shooting, he replied no, I like winning.

I competed because it let me shoot more with a purpose. Competitions weren't super stressful for me in the sense I felt a failure when I didn't win. I just liked figuring things out on a stand or something. A chance to see new targets in different ways. To me, as in most of life, the process of learning is more fun than having the knowledge. If that makes sense.

Figuring out how to smoke a specific presentation was more fun than smoking it 10/10. Process > result. Others may vary but that was for me.

Me

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😜

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Correct.

Sure you can if you have access and know where to go. Varmints/hogs/etc still count....it's still hunting which beats the crap out of punching paper and steel any day of the week.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Fair point.

My hunting game is plenty good enough without any help from competition shooting.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs

You competed back in the day Ted.. The old KD course which I am sure you have completed a few times. While not a "match" it was scored and under time.

While we weren't trying to win, I'd think most fellas on the line were trying to clean the course of fire, and I'd be lying if we weren't trying to beat our buddies or at least win a beer bet. whistle

The various shooting courses and especially qual ranges did cross my mind when responding earlier no doubt, and your argument absolutely does have logic. I was most certainly trying to clean the course but the only external pressure to do so was to keep my command off my back. Having others around watching and possibly judging me just didn’t motivate me at all. I am not sure if I am explaining this very well but I just didn’t feel the same way about external pressure and improvement under that pressure as some seem to.

It wasn’t tough to score expert on the qual range, but a pizza box wouldn’t have bothered me, truth be told. I can also honestly say we never made any bets on the range, that I remember anyhow. There was no need to make beer bets when cases were waiting for us back in the barracks. It is just how I am wired, I guess.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness...I've not shot since yesterday. Hint.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

The various shooting courses and especially qual ranges did cross my mind when responding earlier no doubt, and your argument does have logic. I was most certainly trying to clean the course but the only external pressure to do so was to keep my command off my back. Having others around watching and possibly judging me just didn’t motivate me at all. I am not sure if I am explaining this very well but I just didn’t feel the same way about external pressure and improvement under that pressure as some seem to.

It wasn’t tough to score expert on the qual range, but a pizza box wouldn’t have bothered me, truth be told. I can also honestly say we never made any bets on the range, that I remember anyhow. There was no need to make beer bets when cases were waiting for us back in the barracks.

I am probably more in your camp with competitions and stuff like that, I was just bringing up that we have shot in that sorta forum in past. I love to shoot and shoot all kinds of stuff, but I am just as happy on the range by myself and have shot a few different disciplines while in the Marines while we were pitted against other fellow teammates to understand the "stress of timed, fast, and accurate" fire.

I will say the KD course of fire was always pretty low stress compared to other ranges we conducted.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Much like a good Dove field is more shooting than actually hunting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The various shooting courses and especially qual ranges did cross my mind when responding earlier no doubt, and your argument does have logic. I was most certainly trying to clean the course but the only external pressure to do so was to keep my command off my back. Having others around watching and possibly judging me just didn’t motivate me at all. I am not sure if I am explaining this very well but I just didn’t feel the same way about external pressure and improvement under that pressure as some seem to.

It wasn’t tough to score expert on the qual range, but a pizza box wouldn’t have bothered me, truth be told. I can also honestly say we never made any bets on the range, that I remember anyhow. There was no need to make beer bets when cases were waiting for us back in the barracks.

I am probably more in your camp with competitions and stuff like that, I was just bringing up that we have shot in that sorta forum in past. I love to shoot and shoot all kinds of stuff, but I am just as happy on the range by myself and have shot a few different disciplines while in the Marines while we were pitted against other fellow teammates to understand the "stress of timed, fast, and accurate" fire.

I will say the KD course of fire was always pretty low stress compared to other ranges we conducted.

Makes sense…no doubt.
I just reacted to the external pressure differently.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

A fantastic, low stress activity for sure. Love it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😜

Was not directed at you. 😉

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

A fantastic, low stress activity for sure. Love it.

Most definitely a good way to get some trigger time in.

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Ah, got it… my bad.

On another note, dove hearts and dumplings… one of my favorite dishes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every one of those steelheads is a trophy!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Correct.

What? You don't want to participate in a Big Dick contest, if that's what shooting a lot is? It's the same mindset as having the biggest, highest, loudest black PU truck and thinking you're something special.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

His delivery is odd and he seems off kilter, but the content of his messaging is usually right on. What he’s trying to say is you can do a whole lot better than anything Leupold.
That's thing. If he weren't a complete jerk and could actually hold a discussion using at least a reasonable dialect of the English language, he could provide a lot of useful information. I have no doubt he has the wares he pictures and when one can glean nuggets out of his posts they can be useful. I even had a decent PM convo with him about a decade ago and he provided solid advice for a guy learning to work out dope and twist turrets and I appreciated. 15-20 years ago he was a little eccentric in his posting style, but now every post he makes has to insult and denigrate someone in an attempt for him to inflate his ego. At this point he provides entertainment while thinking he is making grand statements of absolute knowledge. The entertainment is...entertaining in the same way watching a NASCAR wreck is entertaining. I am sure he does know what he’s talking about. He lacks the ability to effectively communicate it in an intelligible and even remotely civil way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by selmer; 03/02/23.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What? You don't want to participate in a Big Dick contest, if that's what shooting a lot is? It's the same mindset as having the biggest, highest, loudest black PU truck and thinking you're something special.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

R
rsiros Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I think he’s funny as hell… definitely entertaining, and that’s just his schtick— he likes to play the heel. I’d love to have a beer with him (cue the homoerotic comment…)

BS… you’re in Alaska? I’m up there a few times a year near the air force base by Fairbanks… close enough to have a beer?

Last edited by rsiros; 03/02/23.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Seeing as the only pictures of game are of a few deer and a couple black bear, I would think he is probably in the southern coastal part of the state so I would think Fairbanks is out of his range.

2 Kings 2:23-24
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
He's more into the virtual type thing (hunting, shooting, virtual ballistics). So, maybe a beer over zoom would work. haha

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only in virtual "fairness",thus far today,I've only mounted (1) NIB Scope. It might be a Reupold wearing CDS. Hint.

Then again. Hint.

7" RPM 223AI stoked with 75 ELD's at 3150fps. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, there is an R and an E in there…some of the same letters as Reupold. 🤣

Selmer

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,468
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.