24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm suddenly out of anything 7X57R, have a decent amount of ammo, and have brass coming. I need something that goes around my ammo and makes it BANG!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hear they make some nice kipplaufs in Yurrup.

Give ‘em a call……….

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They hang up on Murricans.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Get a 300 buck 1902 Remington Rolling Block with decent spiral wrinkles, take it to a hobby machinist, have him cut the rim counterbore, have him grind a new extractor, out the door in less than 3 hours...presto-chang-o. Shoot up your ammo supply (they got wildebeeste in Churchill County?) sell the gun for 600.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you remove two letters, an 'i' and an 'n' from your post, I would probably part with my little Luxe drilling. It's got a 7mm R barrel, but you'd be stuck with a 5.6x 50R insert and a 16 barrel. I haven't been able to hunt it for a couple years. It would be fully capable of burning that ammo pile for you. Just a humble suggestion. Anything to help a friend.
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I'm suddenly out of anything 7X57R, have a decent amount of ammo, and have brass coming. I need something that goes around my ammo and makes it BANG!

A store near where you live had one a while back:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I almost bought it. It looked just like this, for $349^^^

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Find a nice Brno ZH series combo. Seems to be more of them in Canada than in the US though.

Nick

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

A store near where you live had one a while back:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I almost bought it. It looked just like this, for $349^^^

That is not chambered in 7x57R.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd second the Kipplauf idea, but don't think they fit the inexpensive criteria. Were the TCR single shots offered in 7x57R by chance?

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Merkel 7x57R

BRNO 7x57R

Not sure what your budget is, but both are reasonable given the rarity of the chamber.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Years ago I had a Baikal BBF 12/7X57R that shot amazingly well, so I sold it. crazy

I let my gunsmith screw me out of my recently purchased Kerighoff Trumpf Primus 16/16/7X57R drilling. He had it on his workbench, petting it with a big smile on his face as I left. It needed a little work, and I didn't want to spend any money on it right now. I was tapped out after getting the BSW two-barrel cape gun -SXS shotgun set.

The Fortuna 16 & 7X57R drilling I just received is a basket case and is going back for a refund. Thankfully, the seller is a real gentleman and is issuing a full refund.

I'd like to find another Baikal. (did I say that? shocked )

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I wish this Canadian outfit had a USA outlet!

https://intersurplus.com/collections/combination-guns

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Baikals are underrated IMHO. They are plain, sure, but solidly built. I have a double rifle version myself, and it has proved to be a very practical hunting rifle. The hard-chromed bores are a plus too. Sure, it is not as fancy as my Krieghoff, but it certainly gets the job done.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
luv2safari, did you win the auction, I see that it has been sold.

Nick

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nick1899
luv2safari, did you win the auction, I see that it has been sold.

Nick

No. It got sold for $1.00 over my high bid. It was going too high for a Baikal, even with the four boxes of Geco 160gr ammo. I bet it would have topped $750.00, had I kept bidding. At the selling price it would have cost me close to $840.00 with tax, shipping, and FFL fee.

Bidders don't consider that all too often. shocked

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Sorry to hear. I haven’t had much luck lately with auctions either. Once the fees, taxes and shipping is factored in one should know when to quit bidding. Good luck on your quest for a 7x57R.

By the way, I was at a gun show in Renfrew, Ontario on the weekend and met the owners of Intersurplus. They had plenty of European guns for sale.

Nick

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I checked into getting guns from them. It costs $295.00 to have the importer bring it in and takes 2-4 months, then I still have to pay NV sales tax and NICS check, maybe shipping, also.

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
Just send it all to me. I'll put it to good use.

I thought growing old would take longer.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
157 members (338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 2,002 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.