Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
kappa8 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Climate hoaxsters coming after our food. They also love referencing UN-backed study which lambasted beef.

The keto diet — which counts Gwyneth Paltrow, Halle Berry and Kim Kardashian as celebrity devotees — prioritizes high amounts of fat and low amounts of carbs. The diet was estimated to generate around 6.6 pounds of carbon dioxide for every 1,000 calories consumed.

Why keto & paleo are bad for you...and the world

Ribeye sounds good tonight laugh

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Lost 10 pounds on keto and my dikk is now one inch longer. It's all good!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
How does the Keto diet differ from the Atkins Diet?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Nutshell, not much

Swifty
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Having lost the remaining shreds of faith in the pharma/medical/profit industry over the last 3 years...I wonder now about the most prescribed drug group in the world...statins. If all the claims are true...the keto, Atkins, South Beach folks should have been dead long ago. WTH?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I live low carb.
It saved my life.
At 62, I'm in better shape than the 20 year old idiots I work with...🤣

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Proud NRA Life Member
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I lost 80 pounds on keto in 4 to 6 months, and only gained 20 back in two years of being keto daily, I eat as much as I ever have, great way to stay in shape when you’re old.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

A true Keto diet is Atkins on steroids, but less prescribed and with extended fast. Atkins will tell you eat this many eggs and this much bacon, where Keto says hit these macro's, i.e. this many calories, with this composition of proteins, fat, and carbohydrates. It involves intentionally putting your body into a state of ketosis. Think of it as an extended fast where you body operates for several weeks off of your stored fat supplies. Over all, it's a high protein, moderate fat, very low carb diet with extended fasts that leads to rapid weight loss.

Do it right, and it really works. I've put myself into ketosis a few times. Last time I lost about 12 pounds in two weeks.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if only beer.....

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Is that the diet where ya just sit around and shove wadded up slices of oscar Meyer bologna down your piehole all day?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kenjs1
if only beer.....

Lite beer only has 5 carbs per serving.
Hard liquor has zero.

Proud NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
Is that the diet where ya just sit around and shove wadded up slices of oscar Meyer bologna down your piehole all day?

Pretty much.

If you have the money/access for good meat it’s a good diet. Eating processed stuff ain’t.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Nutshell, not much

The most important thing is to eat simple one ingredient foods. Stay away from processed foods even if it is Atkins brand or has Keto on it. Mostly meet, eggs, Cheese, very few greens, a couple of blueberries, and pecans roasted in butter.

Been on this lifestyle for one year. Down about 35 pounds of fat and have added muscle.

Screw the bastards on the environmental bs, it is just about control, They do not want to have to contend with healthy people, it is easier to control sickly ones.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
It's how I lost all my weight nearly 5 years ago. In 2 years, I dropped from 360 lbs. to 170 lbs. at age 50. I ate all I ever wanted. I was never hungry and after about a month I never felt tired like I would before if I went without eating. At first I ate 3 meals a day but got to IM fasting and eventually reduced to a 2 hour window where I eat every 24 hours. I usually eat around 4pm and stop about 6pm. I naturally reduced how much I ate as I got smaller, but I was never hungry. I had zero sugar, bread, pasta potatoes or rice, and even alcohol for about 2 years.

I cheat a little bit now but If I do I'll even it out with a couple very light eating days or a 48 hour fast. I'm into the fasting thing. I think it does your body better than anything after you get adapted, so you don't have blood sugar issues. When I was big, I couldn't go very long without eating because I had such blood sugar swings. I worked into it a few hours at a time over weeks and I have no weak or hungry effects on a 48 hour fast now. That's just normal work activity. I wouldn't recommend a fast if you are increasing activity. I've tried it and had bad results after 48 hours and 35 miles of cycling. I bonked a little and had to eat and lay down for about 2 hours before I felt human again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It took me a while to understand it, but it really comes down to the fact that the "medical establishment" has had EVERYTHING about health and nutrition backwards.

Weight is not the problem, weight is the SYMPTOM of the problem. If you are becoming insulin resistant, you will put on weight.

Conversely, LOSING THE WEIGHT DOESN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM!!!!!

By eating well, you solve the problem of malnutrition, and the symptoms (weight, high blood pressure, cholesterol, arthritis, IBS, you name it) go away.

We aren't built to eat high carb, processed foods. We're built to eat simple animal based foods and some greens and vegetables. Up until only 10,000 years ago, most humans did not even have the ABILITY to digest starches.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
It took me a while to understand it, but it really comes down to the fact that the "medical establishment" has had EVERYTHING about health and nutrition backwards.

Weight is not the problem, weight is the SYMPTOM of the problem. If you are becoming insulin resistant, you will put on weight.

By eating well, you solve the problem of malnutrition, and the symptoms (weight, high blood pressure, cholesterol, arthritis, IBS, you name it) go away.

We aren't built to eat high carb, processed foods. We're built to eat simple animal based foods and some greens and vegetables. Up until only 10,000 years ago, most humans did not even have the ABILITY to digest starches.

The standard they use is the USDA.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It took me a while to understand it, but it really comes down to the fact that the "medical establishment" has had EVERYTHING about health and nutrition backwards. INTENTIONALLY, FOR PROFIT. Rake in billions making you sick with "food" then pile up more billions "treating" your chronic illness.

Fixed it.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by slumlord

Pretty much.

If you have the money/access for good meat it’s a good diet. Eating processed stuff ain’t.

you can shoot a few deer, an elk and a bear, waterfowl , upland, rabbits a year too

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

yep. We have a sugar, corn and wheat and soy based diet now in the US. and the eat many meals or snacks a day ( grazing) doesn't help

Last edited by ribka; 03/02/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salmonella

The standard the use is the USDA.

The Food Pyramid, the foundation of which was General Mills, et al. I wonder which former big ag execs were in the USDA back in the day.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,831
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.