Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Or are we talking garden tractors?

In that case orange paint is fine.

You ever run hard into an issue where right to repair just falls completely flat? Or are your JD implements old enough that it doesn't take a JD tech with a code reader/writer and $$$ to bring something back online?

Not an accusation, just a question. From what I gather, modern JD is front and center of the whole bend you over and pluke you Ag implement no end user repairs situation. Very much like Apple.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
In the 80-150hp range. Kubota. I don't deal with the big stuff or the smaller stuff. Used to be Deere or Massy. Kubota dealer has amazing service around here and the tractors hold up.

Last edited by RUM7; 03/01/23.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Kubota for me.

For what i want to do with it i have no problems but with JD tractors they have seemed to screw up a simple vehicle.

One never knows when it will shut off or even run when you need it.
The farm I’m helping on has both and the all day everyday gets used the most tractors are kubotas.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Had a BX2380 with MMM, FEL, 50" tiller and box blade. Bought new 3 years ago, sold it the other day for what I paid then. It was fine mowing and moving loose dirt/gravel but it didn't like any ground engaging [bleep] like tilling or using the teeth on that scraper. Either buying a B series or L. That green paint is too expensive

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lost our local JD dealer/service center, but still have a Kubota presence.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by b_li_ber_tar_ian
Had a BX2380 with MMM, FEL, 50" tiller and box blade. Bought new 3 years ago, sold it the other day for what I paid then. It was fine mowing and moving loose dirt/gravel but it didn't like any ground engaging [bleep] like tilling or using the teeth on that scraper. Either buying a B series or L. That green paint is too expensive

You feel like you ran out of HP or traction? Also, can you enlighten me to your TLAs? MMM? FEL?

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My experience is with a little big green. 1025R with endloader and backhoe. Everything points to a great machine so far. My really good friend has a similar Kubota with the same results. I think both are great machines but I went green.

It’s unbelievable what they are asking for machines now.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
I have a 28 year old L2500DT Kubota. Not sure how the newer stuff compares, but I'm still able to buy OEM parts for decent prices to repair & maintain stuff.

That's good to hear. I chose orange, as there's no nearby green dealer. There's a Kubota dealer with two locations each about 15-20 minutes away from me. At the time, I figured 25 hp would be just fine, as a balance between hp and traction. Now I'm kinda thinking a few more ponies would be nice, even though I enjoy the fuel usage of the smaller engine. L2501 baby.

Both my brothers have a 25hp tractor. Both are about 2 years into new tractors. One is Green the other is Orange.

I can't say that I'm really impressed by either. To get into what I consider a working tractor, they'd have to jump to at least 40hp or so.

I guess both do what I'd expect a 25hp tractor to do. I will say that I was disappointed in seeing the Kubota last weekend, and the way they fit a 5 foot Bushog on it. Didn't look like something I'd want to run for very long.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Used JD's are more $$$ than new Kubota.

Just sayin'....

That's cuz they got all them new repair parts in em (grin)

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
To be honest I was just messing around.

Zero experience with an orange machine.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would go Kubota just because of what JD was trying to pull a few years back with try to not let farmers repair their own equipment because of propriety BS.

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

My uncle has one. Uses it to spray trees and cut around them in the field. It's not a big model but not small. Diesel IIRC. Thing's been a workhorse. Even female driven - nothing stops it. ZERO issues in the 20+ years he's had it.

He just bought a new red tractor - likes it much for bigger work.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
Or are we talking garden tractors?

In that case orange paint is fine.

You ever run hard into an issue where right to repair just falls completely flat? Or are your JD implements old enough that it doesn't take a JD tech with a code reader/writer and $$$ to bring something back online?

Not an accusation, just a question. From what I gather, modern JD is front and center of the whole bend you over and pluke you Ag implement no end user repairs situation. Very much like Apple.

Our newest JD is a 2010?

Last year without the DEF engines.

If we have trouble beyond our repair level we have JD work on them.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I have owned many Kubota tractors from 23 to 70HP, both hydrostatic and gear, with few issues with any of them. All have been robust and hold their value well and would recommend over the Deere if those are the only two you would consider.

I was in the market for a new cab tractor which my wife would be comfortable in and but had a hard time justifying the price of the Kubota (L5460HSTC) I was interested in which was north of $65000.00. I eventually purchased a TYM574HC for about $38000.00. This tractor is similarly (actually better) outfitted to the Kubota and I have been very happy with it, albeit with limited hours to date. Rural King sells a clone. They are made in Korea.

Note that the Deere front end loader quick attach use their own connection type whereas most other manufacturers (including Kubota) use the skid steer type. The skid steer FEL attachments are much easier to find and generally much less expensive.

If you buy a tractor with a front end loader you should definitely consider purchasing the third function option which makes the tractor useful for so many additional tasks.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Have a bota, 20 years old, done nothing but change fluids.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teal

My uncle has one. Uses it to spray trees and cut around them in the field. It's not a big model but not small. Diesel IIRC. Thing's been a workhorse. Even female driven - nothing stops it. ZERO issues in the 20+ years he's had it.

100hp?

I have one of those. It's been pretty solid. Had one bug I had to work through, but it's been good since.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
We have a spread of JD 9620's and 9630's 8-9 of em,, all scraper specials, constant ele problems,ans DEF issues,the AC's are constantly being replaced, the on board computers are trash built light,and built to fail,, Except for the 9630's all still under warrenty,,To the point the local dealer keeps a mechanic purposed for us, we have several dozers,750 850 and 950's, several excav,250,350,470 and 850's,, all this to say we are trading in JD for 580 case steigers to pull our 21yd pans,, we bought 6 last yr and boss says ordered 5 more,, JD tractors if used every day all are pathetic,,

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For those who may not be aware - JD's come around on the whole "Right to Repair" bit - some.

Right to Repair

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Teal

100hp?

I have one of those. It's been pretty solid. Had one bug I had to work through, but it's been good since.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yeah - he bought this one because the JD blew up (I don't know/remember the model) and that JD was only bough used/abused a few years back to replace the Ford that finally gave up the ghost. THAT was a great tractor. Wish I could remember the size but it wasn't a 8-N lol. Large one from the 60's.

Me

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bought an orange tractor last year. 40hp with loader. Works great.

Couple of my buds have orange also zero issues

Hunt...
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 37 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.