Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks you two.

That makes more sense now. I’ll PM you Dude for his eMail. I’d like to see pics of blades and such before ordering one but I guess I can piece that info together from threads such as this.

Thanks?

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You won't be sorry if you get one.

Look through the threads hear and you will get a general idea but talking to Gene about what you want will go a long way. He has never steered me wrong once he kinda knew my preferences.

I can send you some pics of mine (of knives, that is) if you want to look at some different patterns

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Thanks you two.

That makes more sense now. I’ll PM you Dude for his eMail. I’d like to see pics of blades and such before ordering one but I guess I can piece that info together from threads such as this.

Thanks?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../12361500/ingram-blueprints#Post12361500

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Good thing you clarified your statement.

Tiny was getting excited.

Originally Posted by Dude270
I can send you some pics of mine (of knives, that is) if you want to look at some different patterns

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Thanks you two.

Thanks?
I’d be surprised if you got to “order” your own. Gene is semi retired and only drops a handful of knives of his own choice periodically.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You won't be sorry if you get one.

Look through the threads hear and you will get a general idea but talking to Gene about what you want will go a long way. He has never steered me wrong once he kinda knew my preferences.

Kinda motivated to get my boys a couple actually. Along with their P64 FWTs I have iced up those knives will go a long way.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That would be a good idea Beretzs

My boy is about to turn 12 and I let him pick an Ingram of his choice out of my stash last fall. Of course he picked my long time favorite.

I need to try and sweet talk Gene into making me another.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I eMailed Gene (Thanks again Dude), but am not terribly concerned with getting a response or an order in. I will just keep an eye out on the classifieds and when the right one comes up, it'll just be time.

I have slipped into the dangerous world of Havalons because I suck ass at sharpening but also because I just prefer to not carry a stone in the field which I have found I needed for what I do. I have some old Ruanas which are awesome but what I have are bigger than I want. I also have plenty of Benchmades and a few other factory and customs laying around.

I also PM'd RMenefee here too to see about getting one of his skinners.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If you get an Ingram you won't need to carry a stone in the field anymore. At least I haven't and that's included carrying an elk out in pieces.

Hope it works out

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you get an Ingram you won't need to carry a stone in the field anymore.

I sure hope so.
We’ll see but I tend to use a knife for all kinds of random stuff while out deer/elk/moose/caribou/whatever hunting and have always had issues with them dulling and needing touched up when a critter is on the ground.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Instead of a stone, carry a 2"x7" thick piece of leather impregnate with a light abrasive.
Touch up multiple times before need a stone.
And yes with a decent knife you should not need a stone in the field unless you are in the field a loooong time
and using you knife very, very often for who knows what.
Just my 2 cents.
Good luck with your patient search.

Last edited by michiganroadkill; 04/09/23.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I eMailed Gene (Thanks again Dude), but am not terribly concerned with getting a response or an order in. I will just keep an eye out on the classifieds and when the right one comes up, it'll just be time.

I have slipped into the dangerous world of Havalons because I suck ass at sharpening but also because I just prefer to not carry a stone in the field which I have found I needed for what I do. I have some old Ruanas which are awesome but what I have are bigger than I want. I also have plenty of Benchmades and a few other factory and customs laying around.

I also PM'd RMenefee here too to see about getting one of his skinners.
Best of luck! They are well worth it

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There really is something “magical” about a Ingram.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 257 mag, 2003and2013, 67 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.