Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Just that. I’ve got a few Ingrams, and a few knives from some other knife makers but nothing seems like it’s his quality as Mr. Ingram’s work. Never had a Menifee, or in Winston. But several others.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
These days there is a $hit ton of knife makers out there . It's good ,something for everyone

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Charles May, Brett Dowell, Rick Menefee are great custom knife makers that you won't be disappointed with.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Jeff Oelke makes a damn good knife. (J_elky here on the fire) I just got two from him and they are very nice. Lucas Forge makes a fine blade as well. I’ve got several of his. Rick Menefee, Charles May, Brett Dowell, Jerry Halfrich, Bob Dozier/Dan Crotts are all great blades. I’ve got some of each and wouldn’t trade a one.

Last edited by Obi_Wan; 03/06/23.

The expert at anything was once a beginner.

JC
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MOGC
Charles May, Brett Dowell, Rick Menefee are great custom knife makers that you won't be disappointed with.

^ ^ ^

Knows his stuff

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Like Vince said -

There are plenty out there making their mark and are current bargains, until they get a following.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Young guys doing it right…

Bryant Hollinger
Rocky Menefee
Jeff Oelke

Theres a similarity between Ingrams and Winstons…. Gene learned from David.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There not as pretty as some of them named here but I have some LT Wright's that are great knives. It don't take as much to make me happy though. I can put some micarta on a Russel Green River blank and be happy.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Tim Olt
Rocky Menefee
Rick Menefee
Joel Clark come on back…haha
Bryant Hollinger

I can do just fine with those from now on. My knives from Gene are not retired or for sale just giving credit to other makers I have have a lot of experience with.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I would put member Tim Olt (Michiganroadkill) at the top of the list of great knife makers. Solid working knives, using the best materials and showing great craftsmanship. If you don't have one of Tim's blades, you should get one.

Sam......

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Dan Crotts belongs on that list for sure.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Quite a list so far. Anyone not on that list should not feel bad. It's hard to get to that level.

I feel very fortunate to have some of several of the makers mentioned. I would hate to part with any of them. I'm more of a gun guy, but I got the knife bug about 10-15 years ago so I don't have near the experience or knowledge of most these Campfire members.

I would like to add another name from my list and experience-- Ken Honeycutt of Starkville, Ms.

I don't have a knife from either of these makers, but I have seen some nice looking work from both of them -- Dale Howell and Hank Hammonds.

I don't know if they belong in the top tier list, but if they don't, second fiddle to that bunch isn't too shabby.

Last edited by rd7fox; 03/11/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honeycutt is another great maker..

Learned from both David and Gene.

Makes great leather sheaths to boot.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
As others have mentioned:

David Winston
Charles May
Ken Honeycutt

Those 3 and Mr. Ingram have a lot of similarities in their knives. Each have their own distinct patterns and look/feel, for blade profiles to grips to sheaths. I think there are a lot of good makers whose quality of production will be on par with Mr. Ingram's, but if looking for a knife "like" an Ingram I think the three listed above will be the closest.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

David Winston
Charles May
Ken Honeycutt

Those 3 and Mr. Ingram have a lot of similarities in their knives. Each have their own distinct patterns and look/feel, for blade profiles to grips to sheaths. I think there are a lot of good makers whose quality of production will be on par with Mr. Ingram's, but if looking for a knife "like" an Ingram I think the three listed above will be the closest.
This 100%

Orders placed with Ken and Charlie recently

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

David Winston
Charles May
Ken Honeycutt

This.

Lots of makers doing work was good as Gene but the above mentioned will be the most similar to an Ingram

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I spoke to Charles May Friday. He is finishing up a knife for me. Thinking I might have it by the weekend. Charlie is just like Gene in that you will not find a better gentleman to chat with. And "gentleman" describes Charlie perfectly, he is a good guy in every regard. And he is a hunter, he uses his designs in the field on game of all sorts and develops his patterns from what works and what doesn't.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

David Winston
Charles May
Ken Honeycutt

+1

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Dale Howe knife I really like. Howe Mtn knives.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
A Winston was my first custom knife and his work is easily the equal of the big name guys

I love me a steingass too…

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 3,036 guests, and 1,431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.