Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Scottso Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I was fortunate enough to meet Cleston in early ‘90’s at NYC show. Was dropped in to Europe on DDay, started making knives in theater. Purchased this custom damascus folder he forged. Since then have 16 more, only one other folder as he did not make many. He was fond of heavier fixed blades, hunters to bowies to large fighters. If anyone has, or happens to come across any of his work, please I would greatly appreciate a heads up, thanks.
And if you own any of his pieces, I would surely love to see them 👍🏻

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Scottso; 02/06/22.
GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have one of his knives. It is a large fixed blade knife with a leather sheath. I got it directly from him at the Birmingham Alabama gun show many years ago. It was the knife he had displayed on the cover of a sales brochure on his table. I tried to attach pictures but was unable to do so.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
If you would Please, show a close-up of his touchmark. I'll keep my eyes open but I imagine that they are few and far between here in the midwest. I've been watching for Richtig knives for a long time and have yet to find one in the wild and they were made in a neighboring state.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
S
My farther and I have two. When I was younger I visited his home and shop several times, he was an extremely interesting and skilled man. He showed me albums of him traveling the world teaching courses on knife making

R
R
I have a few sinyard knives. I live in grew up in Elberta, AL and still live here. My grandfather knew him. We have about 10 of his knives. Most we got directly. The others my father and brother have. Do you have an email. I could share photos of mine.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am looking to acquire my first Cleston Sinyard. Would appreciate any help folks could send my way if they choose to do so.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
S
Scottso Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Still on the search

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have a Sinyard knife but I can not figure out how to post pictures here. Keeps saying my photos are too big. Too much of a pain to try and figure it out. If someone wants me to email some pictures the send me your email address.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (1lesfox, 2alphas2, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 1,818 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,632
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.