Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Silvergate go bye bye. If any of you are thinking about moving out of crypto,,,I can get you in on the ground floor on tulip bulbs.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
You gave me a good laugh with the tulip reference. So long Silvergate.

I never bought any crypto as I couldn't understand how to value it. The value seemed to be what folks want to pay. I'd rather invest in something that has earnings and cash flow.

I guess stablecoins were supposed to be pegged to currency, but did that actually work?

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't know...a couple years back, somebody on the campfire here made a remark that stuck in my brain, I'm paraphrasing here...."when you are buying into crypto, all you are doing is betting that there is someone out there who is willing to pay more for it than you did". Kinda sums it up for me.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Concur

Near Where I live a significant number of local restaurants have been bought by the guy that used to run Alameda for FTX. FTX gave him a 50 mil loan. Lots of folks are speculating about how long before he has to sell the restaurants to repay (and the potential negative impact on our local economy). So this stuff can have real world implications. Ugh.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Welllllllllll, turns out I have a CD with Silvergate Bank. Ouch. Thankfully they are an FDIC member so I should be covered. Still, real world implications again.

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
thank goodness I don't have anything with Silicon Vally Bank.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Thanks for information

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was walking the dogs with some guys 10 years ago, and one was mining BITCOIN. I didn't know anything and didn't say anything.

He bought a house with the money.

The other dog walker bought farms in Uruguay and Gold. I was yelling at him for years.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Long-term investing in cryptocurrencies requires understanding the technology, staying abreast of market trends, and following a sound investment strategy. Start by learning the basics of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. Understand how cryptocurrencies work, their potential uses, and their underlying technology. This knowledge will help you make informed decisions and navigate the cryptocurrency environment effectively. Explore different cryptocurrencies and their unique features. Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) are two well-known cryptocurrencies, but there are thousands of others with different purposes and functionalities. Explore their technical descriptions, development teams, adoption rates and potential long-term viability. The main thing is not to engage in fraud, as many are doing now. At https://deeplab.com/darkweb/page/5 I see such cases all the time.

Last edited by dtenentin; 05/30/23.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 45 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,390
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.