Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ChrisF
Ocab and I share interests in Service Rifle Competition and Photography (he's pretty good at both). I don't think he's a hunter, so take in the following with that in mind.

https://www.ocabj.net/sig-sauer-kilo6k-hd-compact-rangefinding-binocular-review/

That is a excellent, objective, critical review. Well done Mr Ocab.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ocab and I share interests in Service Rifle Competition and Photography (he's pretty good at both). I don't think he's a hunter, so take in the following with that in mind.

https://www.ocabj.net/sig-sauer-kilo6k-hd-compact-rangefinding-binocular-review/

Thanks for that, saved me $800.00.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting review
Both my wife and I have been using Geovid HDR’s for several years.
However I got to look thru a sigkil6 and liked what I saw so I ordered a pair.
Been using them a couple months now and I’ve been very satisfied.
Anyways a few weeks ago my wife and I were hunting together she with her geovids and me with the sigs
I let her use the sigs for a while and needless to say she liked the sigs better and wanted a pair for herself.
Just got her pair of kilo6’s in the mail today
Are the sigs optically better than the Leicas, no but they are surprisingly good.
Are Leica ranging abilities better than the sigs, No not even remotely close to the same performance as the sigs
At the end of the day the sigs are smaller, lighter, and range better and don’t give up all that much optically
They are just more handy for lack of a better term.
As far as ballistics software I don’t use it as I keep data on the gun so can’t comment on that

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I couldn't resist the hype so I ordered a Kilo6K from Cameraland.

I've got a couple of days looking it over now.

The good;
It's optically better than what I expected. Edge softness Ocab highlighted isn't noticeable to be bothersome. On an optic like this, I'm generally looking out the center anyway.

In it's main function; delivering a range reliably, it's very good. I haven't shaken it down rigorously yet, but I'm getting ranges of 2700+ yards on buildings, and 1800 yards on greenery (shrubs and trees). Game ranges are next. As touted earlier, it shoots through windshields!

The Kilo6K talks to multiple devices such as my phone, kestrels and Sig scopes to yield firing solutions. It's going to take some playing to shake this aspect of it down. But the Kilo6K seems hugely capable.

Price was very good from CLNY. Doug's people took good care of me. except...

The not so good;
I THINK I GOT AN OPEN BOX OR SALESREP DEMO. Battery was out of the wrap and rolling around in the box (and showed 1/4 capacity). Battery compartment edges were chipped. I thought the 1/4"x20 Tripod plug was missing until I found it rolling around the box as well.
Funny thing was the seals were intact (though they are peelable so who knows?)

I called SigSauer CS about it and at the same time got a manufacture date (12/21). CS Rep says everything points to open box, or sales rep sample.

Another early impression is this thing eats batteries. I replaced the CR2 with a new one and after a day of shaking it down, it's at 1/2 capacity. That's surprising.

The SigSauer infamous blue tinge is there. We'll see how that color temp affects game spotting.

This is not a "grab and go" tool like a conventional range finder would be (press a button and Bam!). I had to spend a bit of time with the manual to make sense of the settings and abbreviations. SigSauer says they designed the settings and menu to be easy to maneuver through and I guess once you know the code it's ok. But it will take a bit of reprogramming my brain to use it.

Last edited by ChrisF; 12/28/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you have any indication of it not being factory fresh new please call us. We were out of stock and as they arrived from Sig we filled orders so all of those units are brand freekin' new from Sig or had better be.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Doug,
I will call tomorrow. I ordered a few days after you advised the last shipment had arrived. I was initially told out of stock with unknown delivery date. I said ok, then magically I got the shipping notice the next day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Doug,
I will call tomorrow. I ordered a few days after you advised the last shipment had arrived. I was initially told out of stock with unknown delivery date. I said ok, then magically I got the shipping notice the next day.
Exactly, we were sold out and a shipment arrived

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I owe an update.
Despite his consternation over the situation, Doug did what Cameraland does best; Deliver outstanding customer service. I received a return label, and after receiving my return, Cameraland shipped out a replacement that Neal personally opened up and inspected. I received the replacement a couple of days ago, and it is as I had hoped. New, battery in the wrap and fully functional. Date code indicates 11/22 manufacture. I'm getting ranges on objects that the first unit failed at (4000+ yards). This one's clearly better. I'm going to enjoy testing the limits of this rangefinder on brown fur.

I want to thank Doug for his no nonsense approach to customer service. I'm pretty sure it wasn't CameraLand's fault that I experienced what I did, but he was committed to ensuring that I was taken care of. Thanks Doug.

Last edited by ChrisF; 01/27/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My interest some. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Cool. What's the better fit, 23 or 25?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I found the 23's to be perfect. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
…that’s a good tip! I’ve only had those covers fall I’ve like …50 times in the last week.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by raghorn
Interesting review
Both my wife and I have been using Geovid HDR’s for several years.
However I got to look thru a sigkil6 and liked what I saw so I ordered a pair.
Been using them a couple months now and I’ve been very satisfied.
Anyways a few weeks ago my wife and I were hunting together she with her geovids and me with the sigs
I let her use the sigs for a while and needless to say she liked the sigs better and wanted a pair for herself.
Just got her pair of kilo6’s in the mail today
Are the sigs optically better than the Leicas, no but they are surprisingly good.
Are Leica ranging abilities better than the sigs, No not even remotely close to the same performance as the sigs
At the end of the day the sigs are smaller, lighter, and range better and don’t give up all that much optically
They are just more handy for lack of a better term.
As far as ballistics software I don’t use it as I keep data on the gun so can’t comment on that

My experience with these RF binocs mirrors what Raghorn, Bigstick, and ChrisF state above. I’ve had the latest Zeiss 10 x 42’s, Leica GPro 8x32’s and now the Sig 8x32 RF’s. The Zeiss had the best glass, my opinion, followed by the Leica and then the Sig. The laser on the Zeiss was pretty good but not as usable in challenging condition as the laser is on the Leica or Sig. The bluetooth connection is quick and easy on the Leica and Sig. For programming in custom curves, loads, all three are about the same. The dusplay on the Sig and Zeiss are better than the Leica. The Leica shows up for 2 seconds and disappears.

I like the Sig for its size and fast laser. The Sig optics are pretty good, I hope the electronics last a long time. As far as customer service from what I’ve read Sig is way down the list, while Zeiss and Leica are usually really good.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I found the 23's to be perfect. Hint................

Very good idea. Put them on mine this week and it made a huge difference. The others kept coming off when I would futz with them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
116 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.