Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
let`s wait and see what happens with the section corner rule in Wyoming this year. i believe all of us will be able to corner cross the corners in all states and the people that own land in these situations that don`t agree have been way to selfish for many years .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have to admit I'm glad WI is as reasonable as it is for non-res tags. A good number of the hunting camp kids moved out of state after HS or college. Having them come back to hunt, often with their kids, helps keep the camp going. Having a few youngin' 2A fans in NY city and SF, CA don't suck, either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oklahoma - Non-Resident Deer $300
Does not include "tag" - $20
Some public access areas require land use fees and trespass fees above and beyond hunting license and tags.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
$760 in Montana when it's all said and done. Getting ridiculous....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mn. $185 NR deer. I bought a lifetime license years ago. Still good even though I am no longer a resident.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by mbhunt
$760 in Montana when it's all said and done. Getting ridiculous....

yes it is

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by GreggH
Can’t believe a thread started out as a question about fees in different members states and it turns into a bitch fest about nothing to do about the OP. Amazing.

GreggH

How long have you been here? This is standard procedure on the fire.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bbassi
Can’t believe a thread started out as a question about fees in different members states and it turns into a bitch fest about nothing to do about the OP. Amazing.

GreggH

How long have you been here? This is standard procedure on the fire.

That's right, I think there's even a sticky note at the top of the forum that says no thread can go more than 3 pages without a tangent.

And I'm not ogiving either.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
B’ and Smoke’,

Flabbergasted a simple question about a expense question turns into teenage girl responses. The question was how much in your state? Can not anyone just answer $xx? Not that hard!

GreggH

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by pete53
let`s wait and see what happens with the section corner rule in Wyoming this year. i believe all of us will be able to corner cross the corners in all states and the people that own land in these situations that don`t agree have been way to selfish for many years .

This is going to be a big fight if the court says we can corner cross . The western residents here say ," you can go on federal land all you want".. However there is a lot of land that non residents and residents cant go on. It was the dumbest thing to cross corner federal land . I never saw anything like it in the midwest. I hope the court lets us cross corner. It only makes sense . However you can bet there will be some real A holes that will physically try to stop people from cross cornering on to federal land. They will come out with guns to intimidate , they will block roads , and likely flatten out of state license plate tires. Count on it. There are many out there that honestly believe it is " their " land.
As for Wisconsin, I dont think $185? is much , and honestly, I dont mind them at all. I see grouse hunters all the time in NW Wis. and deer hunters too. I even tell the grouse hunters where I seen a lot of grouse . It does not bother me at all . It helps pay the DNR , despite I am suspicious that much is wasted ,,, ,, it is a government agency , so... Non residents help pay for the DNR buying land and lease land from some private land owners for access and to hunt. I only went non resident one time, that was Minnesota for a bear . It was about $200 in 2003. Not bad. They were even nice to this Packer fan in northern Minn. I would also like to add that most NR hunters hunt private land with friends and do good , or they hunt public and their success is very limited anyway

Last edited by ihookem; 04/01/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Missouri seems to be one of the cheaper states. No hunting license required just your permit. Landowners owning more then 20 acres qualify for free tags.

As a landowner i get free archery and firearms deer tags as well as free spring and fall turkey tags.

Any-Deer

Resident
Price
$19.00 Archery $17.00 firearms

Resident Landowner
Price
$0.00

Nonresident
Price
$265.00

Nonresident Landowner
Price
$195.00

Youth (6-15)
Price
$9.50

Antlerless per county quotas

Resident
Price
$7.00

Resident Landowner
Price
$0.00

Nonresident
Price
$25.00

Youth (6-15)
Price
$3.50

FJB
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
I recalling reading in the MJS that WI gets hunters from all 50 states and a host of foreign countries for the gun deer season – that surprised the hell out of me.
https://www.usgs.gov/media/images/home-zip-codes-hunters-harvesting-deer-4-wi-counties-2016-17

Good find, my friend. And that's just 4 counties - very good counties to be in a tree stand too.
Unless you confront a Hmong in one of your treestands on private property.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by pete53

This is going to be a big fight if the court says we can corner cross . The western residents here say ," you can go on federal land all you want".. However there is a lot of land that non residents and residents cant go on. It was the dumbest thing to cross corner federal land . I never saw anything like it in the midwest. I hope the court lets us cross corner. It only makes sense . However you can bet there will be some real A holes that will physically try to stop people from cross cornering on to federal land. They will come out with guns to intimidate , they will block roads , and likely flatten out of state license plate tires. Count on it. There are many out there that honestly believe it is " their " land.
As for Wisconsin, I dont think $185? is much , and honestly, I dont mind them at all. I see grouse hunters all the time in NW Wis. and deer hunters too. I even tell the grouse hunters where I seen a lot of grouse . It does not bother me at all . It helps pay the DNR , despite I am suspicious that much is wasted ,,, ,, it is a government agency , so... Non residents help pay for the DNR buying land and lease land from some private land owners for access and to hunt. I only went non resident one time, that was Minnesota for a bear . It was about $200 in 2003. Not bad. They were even nice to this Packer fan in northern Minn. I would also like to add that most NR hunters hunt private land with friends and do good , or they hunt public and their success is very limited anyway

You're really out in the weeds with some of this.
If courts deem legal to corner cross then no roads will not get illegally blocked, sheriffs will take care of that. Guns drawn over legal corner crossing, no it won't happen. Blocking corner access, maybe but remember that pesky law about blocking access to federal lands.
Flatten tires, not really very common out here, the roads take care of that for us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
I recalling reading in the MJS that WI gets hunters from all 50 states and a host of foreign countries for the gun deer season – that surprised the hell out of me.
https://www.usgs.gov/media/images/home-zip-codes-hunters-harvesting-deer-4-wi-counties-2016-17

Good find, my friend. And that's just 4 counties - very good counties to be in a tree stand too.
Unless you confront a Hmong in one of your treestands on private property.

Good point! 😀
Though that county particular county is now the pits (compared to what it once was).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
B’ and Smoke’,

Flabbergasted a simple question about a expense question turns into teenage girl responses. The question was how much in your state? Can not anyone just answer $xx? Not that hard!

GreggH
That's what she said.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Deer tags are only about $455 for NRs in Colorado.

Colorado NR fees need to go up to the price of Wyoming- at least $1,000 for an elk tag and at least $700 for a deer tag. Colorado also needs to cut back on the number of NR tags issued- 10% should be the new standard for deer, elk and Pronghorn, like it is in most other states.

Colorado should also eliminate the OTC elk units and cap them and run a first come first served list like Idaho or Utah does; along with an application fee of $50 extra. By increasing tag costs, and reducing NR tags and charging an application or administrative fee, there should be no loss in revenue for CO. People would still line up to buy tags in Colorado - demand is high. You don't have to like it but this is the direction most Colorado residents feel this should go in.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Lefty, if NR tags are capped and prices adjusted per your post, CPW will eventually have to significantly increase the homeboy licenses and they will be whining about what happened to $40 elk tags. Outfitters, restaurants, motels, and all manner of retail outfits will lose significant revenue as well.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think $50 licenses for residents in most western states is too cheap.

It's about time those 80-90% of all tags that go to residents cost at least as much as filling your truck up with fuel: $75+ for mule deer and $150+ for an elk tag. I doubt that will happen but some increase for residents is only reasonable - let's put that money to get more and better quality animals on the mountain.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty

It's about time those 80-90% of all tags that go to residents cost at least as much as filling your truck up with fuel: $75+ for mule deer and $150+ for an elk tag. I doubt that will happen but some increase for residents is only reasonable - let's put that money to get more and better quality animals on the mountain.

Oh look, it's Scott Neigh of Hamilton , Ontario. The leftist activist cuck who writes blogs against conservatism, who reviews queer bars in Toronto, who trolls this site to see what conservatives are interested in.

https://twitter.com/canadianlefty?lang=en

https://m.facebook.com/scott.neigh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by longarm
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty

Oh look, it's Scott Neigh of Hamilton , Ontario. The leftist activist cuck who writes blogs against conservatism, who reviews queer bars in Toronto, who trolls this site to see what conservatives are interested in.

https://twitter.com/canadianlefty?lang=en

https://m.facebook.com/scott.neigh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

longarm, you are knowingly spreading false accusations. I refer you to this,
This general area of law is called defamation law. Libel and slander are types of defamatory statements. Libel is a defamatory statement that is written.
Source: https://www.thebusinesslitigators.com/libel-vs-slander-vs-defamation-what-are-the-differences.html

Profile for Member #65030

longarm
Campfire Tracker
From Oregon
Join Date 03/03/17
Last Seen 10 hours ago
Total Posts

Posts Per Day

I have placed you on ignore. Thank you.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (6MMWASP, 338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 79S, 11 invisible), 1,647 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,196
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.