Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I found a pinned model 19 in 99% condition for $650.00 at the local pawn shop…

That’s a hell of deal I hope you bought it! Like we talked yesterday those 19’s aren’t getting cheaper.

I only posted that because we talked about it yesterday. It isn’t true, just a poke in the eye…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
79S, grats on one of the best revolvers ever!

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I'm looking for another one, this time with the orange front sight insert. While I know my old '68 Python's a better made revolver, my wife's 19-4/4"bbl is still my favorite.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I found a pinned model 19 in 99% condition for $650.00 at the local pawn shop…
That's a good deal, nowadays. A new in the box variety would go for about $1,250.00.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
19-4 was the last of the pinned and recessed 19's but all of them are shooters. A friend of mine in the gun parts business told me awhile back that k frame target triggers sell for $250. So a k with the tt and th has some major added extra value...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B2

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
19-4 was the last of the pinned and recessed 19's but all of them are shooters. A friend of mine in the gun parts business told me awhile back that k frame target triggers sell for $250. So a k with the tt and th has some major added extra value...mb

Don’t Factory target grips starting at $100 as well..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You would need to subtract from that figure the price of a standard S&W hammer and trigger.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 79S

Don’t Factory target grips starting at $100 as well..
For a real beater.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like a very nice find!

My wife's uncle gave us a small pile of guns before he passed.

This was her grandfathers 19-3. Has some holster wear but other than that is in great shape.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Very nice M19 you have there 79S. K-frames are my favorite too. I am sure you will enjoy it.
I have 2 .357 K frames. They are my favorite revolvers to just go to the range and shoot. 6gr of Unique and a 158gr lead SWC is very enjoyable to shoot.
M66 purchased new in 73 if I remember right. Has had a couple of make overs. 😁

M19-3 from 1970 was a gift from a friend.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have never understood why people prefer the TH and even more so the Target Trigger. Does anyone shoot these guns double action?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RufusG
I have never understood why people prefer the TH and even more so the Target Trigger. Does anyone shoot these guns double action?

Agree with you. The wide grooved trigger sucks for double action shooting. I very much prefer a narrow smooth face trigger.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm with you. I have always avoided Smiths with those features.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC

Agree with you. The wide grooved trigger sucks for double action shooting. I very much prefer a narrow smooth face trigger.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'm with you. I have always avoided Smiths with those features.

Pards, why don’t you 3 go start a model 19 thread talking about the features on these pistols you don’t like.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry, did not realize this was designated an affirmation-only thread.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 79S
Pards, why don’t you 3 go start a model 19 thread talking about the features on these pistols you don’t like.
Typical specimens of the Model 19, with barrels shorter than six inches, didn't come with target hammers and triggers. They came with service style hammers and triggers, or perhaps better called hammers and triggers that split the difference between service style and target style. Same goes for the front sights, which were typically ramped rather than Patridge style in all but the six inch models. I prefer ramped, as is common in four inch models and shorter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's really a lovely gun, it would just be lovelier with the wide combat trigger.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sorry, did not realize this was designated an affirmation-only thread.

Pard, we are trying to bring back the good old days of the campfire. More respectful dialogue less of the needless criticism. So let’s try to do that. Remember we can do this ..

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 79S
Typical specimens of the Model 19, with barrels shorter than six inches, didn't come with target hammers and triggers. They came with service style hammers and triggers, or perhaps better called hammers and triggers that split the difference between service style and target style. Same goes for the front sights, which were typically ramped rather than Patridge style in all but the six inch models. I prefer ramped, as is common in four inch models and shorter.

Pard, are you saying this one was pieced together from 5 other 19’s?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 79S
Pard, are you saying this one was pieced together from 5 other 19’s?
Not sure where you got that from. Perhaps read my post over again.

It seems that there were a small number of four inch barrel specimens that came from the factory with the target style triggers and hammers, as has already been made clear in this thread. Ordinarily, however, those with barrels shorter than six inches lacked the full target style hammers and triggers. They also lacked the Patridge style front sights, which more typically came on the six inch barrel specimens. That's all I said.

Understood?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

303 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 16penny, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 41 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,352
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.