Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 79S
Pard, are you saying this one was pieced together from 5 other 19’s?
Not sure where you got that from. Perhaps read my post over again.

It seems that there were a small number of four inch barrel specimens that came from the factory with the target style triggers and hammers, as has already been made clear in this thread. Ordinarily, however, those with barrels shorter than six inches lacked the full target style hammers and triggers. They also lacked the Patridge style front sights, which more typically came on the six inch barrel specimens. That's all I said.

Understood?

Pard, you are coming in a little hostile, tone it down some, but other than that great info! Remember we can bring the old campfire back.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
BP-B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have a couple of pinned and recessed 4 inch 19s from the late 1970s both with target hammer and wide trigger. Strangely I have a 6 inch 19-5 with patridge front sight that has standard(narrow) hammer and trigger. I too prefer the standard hammer and triggers

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dogdoc
I have a couple of pinned and recessed 4 inch 19s from the late 1970s both with target hammer and wide trigger. Strangely I have a 6 inch 19-5 with patridge front sight that has standard(narrow) hammer and trigger. I too prefer the standard hammer and triggers
Pard, you're coming in a little hostile. Tone it down. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by RufusG
Sorry, did not realize this was designated an affirmation-only thread.

Pard, we are trying to bring back the good old days of the campfire. More respectful dialogue less of the needless criticism. So let’s try to do that. Remember we can do this ..

Saying sorry seemed pretty kumbahyah. And you obviously missed my followup post.

Last edited by RufusG; 03/16/23.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

How do you figure that his post is hostile? I don't see any hostility

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475

Did you see the smiling face at the end of the post?.....He was joking.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This is exactly how my 19-5 is configured. Smooth trigger, hammer with enough grip but definitely not a target model, no trigger stop, and a ramp serrated front sight. Mine did come to me with target grips in it, not magnas. I have small hands but like the full size grips better.

I have a mint 4” 19-3 in a pistol rug in my safe, but alas it is not mine! Widowed neighbor across the street bought it with her husband in 1973, they went to the range with it a few times in the 70s and then put it up. She came to me during the beginning of Covid in a panic, son, daughter, and grandkid were all escaping New York / San Fran and coming to live with her. She had pistol loaded and locked in a cheap briefcase sized Costco “fire safe” that she had lost the key to years ago. Asked me to break into it. Broke out the full lockpicking set (knowledge learned during high school years when I was a bit more mischievous…) and I had it open in less than 30 seconds. She was estatic, wanted the papers out of the safe, but asked me to keep the pistol in my safe so it wasn’t at her house. Naturally I agreed and have even offered to purchase it twice, just name the price, but she still wants it. So it just sits in my safe teasing and torturing me showing me what I could have.

I even full stripped it, deep cleaned and oiled, it is slick as whale snot now. Dammit…
I have a photo of it loaded here on 24hcf somewhere, prob around May 2020.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
The price of various S&W grips is partly where you are located. 2 weeks ago at a gunshow I picked up a set of older goncala alves target grips with the football cut out on the left side smooth rosewood for $40 not new cond. but nice. Put them on my 6" blued 19 that has tt and th. 3 months back scored a set of checkered GA's with the crescent cut out real nice for 35. There availible at a decent price I buy them.just my 2 cts...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
The price of various S&W grips is partly where you are located. 2 weeks ago at a gunshow I picked up a set of older goncala alves target grips with the football cut out on the left side smooth rosewood for $40 not new cond. but nice. Put them on my 6" blued 19 that has tt and th. 3 months back scored a set of checkered GA's with the crescent cut out real nice for 35. There availible at a decent price I buy them.just my 2 cts...mb

Damn skippy...

Anywhere I show up the price of things seems to triple. I'm gettin' a complex

nice grab 79s....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Sorry, did not realize this was designated an affirmation-only thread.

Pard, we are trying to bring back the good old days of the campfire. More respectful dialogue less of the needless criticism. So let’s try to do that. Remember we can do this ..

Saying sorry seemed pretty kumbahyah. And you obviously missed my followup post.

I was being very Facetious😁. I know everyone has their preference. I have a 28 that has the narrow trigger and hammer. I’m in the camp of not sure which one I like.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by jwp475

Did you see the smiling face at the end of the post?.....He was joking.

Looks like I missed that

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by johnw

Damn skippy...

nice grab 79s....

Not sure but awhile back the demand and price seemed to be falling off a bit. The huge popularity of semi autos I think has fewer people contesting for all cool revolver items. I don't have any problems running a tt fast double action if the upper right corner of it is sharp round it with a dremel.( very carefully)...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw

Damn skippy...

nice grab 79s....

Not sure but awhile back the demand and price seemed to be falling off a bit. The huge popularity of semi autos I think has fewer people contesting for all cool revolver items. I don't have any problems running a tt fast double action if the upper right corner of it is sharp round it with a dremel.( very carefully)...mb

Could be you're right

I dove into GB for the first time this week and got 2 nice S&W revolvers for a total (-minus tax and shipping) of $1053. One was a clean S&W model 18-3 that I won with a bid of $718
The pics on GB show the Model 18 with German proof marks, so it's been a traveler. I'll post pics of both revolvers when they show up...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good score m18-3 are nice shooters bought mine 40 some years ago nib for 185. Std trigger and hammer magna grips, now wears dark smooth rosewood sw target grips...mb

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Never did understand the allure of the target (wide) trigger, maybe just a cool look to some? From a pure shooting point, they suck, at least for double action shooting, which is the only way I shoot mine. All but one of my revolvers has the hammer spur bobbed or speed hammers, which have no spur.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I found a pinned model 19 in 99% condition for $650.00 at the local pawn shop…
That's a good deal, nowadays. A new in the box variety would go for about $1,250.00.
Scratch that. Closer to $2,000.00 nowadays.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My first revolver was a model Perfect from Herters, which I ordered via. USPS. All I needed was a check to them. 357's have been in my possession one way or another since then. I like 357's. I have three Model 19's. The first one is a Model 19-5 - it mainly has stayed in the factory box. But I have fired it, maybe 6 times.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The next one is a Model 19-4 with TTT and 5" barrel.

The next one is a 19-2 and I carry it sometimes.

Last edited by Bugger; 03/17/23.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I like that 5 incher. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I like that 5 incher. 😊

Thanks. It has a faint line around the cylinder. I mainly shoot that at paper... I have not shot it much. I wish the 19-2 was as good a shape as the 19-5. But since it isn't I have it on my hip around here. If I feel the need or if I'm more where animals are bigger and bad, I'll carry a 45 Colt (S&W or a Colt Model "P" Clone) or a model 629. I've shot rabid skunks, coyotes, stray dogs that chase deer and a wolf around here. I know that precise bullet placement is most important and a 357 will likely do in even the worst in the western hemisphere. But I practice with the 44's a lot and the 45's some too and I feel more comfortable with them if I needed them.

A lot of people feel the pinned and recessed S&W's are the best. The 19-2 and the 19-4 are pinned and recessed. The 19-5 is not.

Last edited by Bugger; 03/17/23.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My next one will be a model 14, don’t know why. I should’ve got into the smith game 10yrs ago lol

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
131 members (257 mag, 32_20fan, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,446 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,893
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.