Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by EdM
I have a guy that I see at the local, small, gunshow that has a pretty good pile of "vintage" match ammo but all of the bullets are bone dry, zero lube, I assume due to vintage. Thoughts?

I’ve seen that Ed..sometimes it’s just a dry white flaky residue that’s left. If the prices aren’t horrid you’d likely find me buying several types up from your guy to give it a go just for fun

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by EdM
I have a guy that I see at the local, small, gunshow that has a pretty good pile of "vintage" match ammo but all of the bullets are bone dry, zero lube, I assume due to vintage. Thoughts?

I’ve seen that Ed..sometimes it’s just a dry white flaky residue that’s left. If the prices aren’t horrid you’d likely find me buying several types up from your guy to give it a go just for fun

I'm with you Cert. I did not notice any weird/unusual affect of the dried out lube on the old SK match gold ammo I bought. I don't know how old the stuff is. Maybe early 90's?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I just don't know. Since this ammo was in plastic, I could not open it in the store and inspect it before I bought it. The ammo that I keep wanting to go back and buy still has good lube on it. And there is almost 2 bricks of it.

I was talking to a buddy of mine and asked what he thought of the Eley club Xtra, as shown above. I told him it was $7.95/box and he said he would not buy it. The whole time I'm thinking it's match ammo and I've paid much more for match ammo than that. He's one that does not like buying used rifles too, so there's that. He's picky, so maybe not the best person to ask advice on this sort of thing. He's the same guy that will pay $135/brick of primers and $65/lb of H4350 though. I'll probably go and buy that ammo, as I'm interested to see how it shoots in this rifle and maybe even some of my target rifles. My old Winchester model 52 needs to be dusted off!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Anyone tried the Little Crow Gunworks GRX recoil lug in their 10-22?

Last edited by CullingTime; 03/28/23.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by CullingTime
Anyone tried the Little Crow Gunworks GRX recoil lug in their 10-222 ?

I've heard of it and watched a video about them, when they came out. Looked pretty interesting. I don't really see a need, but interesting nonetheless..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My Kidd has been a lot of fun for sure. Thinking pretty seriously about a lightweight build using a Kidd barrel. Not sure if it would
Get carried over the 452s though in the field.

My Kidd has also proven to not be too particular about ammo. Tac-22 shoots great for budget/plinking. SK standard+ shoots a tad better, and Center X the best. Haven’t ran any Eley through it yet, but have several boxes to try.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Holston
My Kidd has been a lot of fun for sure. Thinking pretty seriously about a lightweight build using a Kidd barrel. Not sure if it would
Get carried over the 452s though in the field.

My Kidd has also proven to not be too particular about ammo. Tac-22 shoots great for budget/plinking. SK standard+ shoots a tad better, and Center X the best. Haven’t ran any Eley through it yet, but have several boxes to try.

Nice rifle Holston. Keep us posted. Thanks!

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
654 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,977 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.