Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by BigGrz
We can settle this fair and square. Abolish NR licenses in your state and we’ll do the same here. We’d solve the whining about “gouging” real quick. Even Steven. grin

You do realize what that will do to the Wyoming fish and game revenue, right?

You have me mistaken as a person that GAF about WY’s bloated govt and bureaucracy.

Additionally, ihookem has an elementary understanding of western economics. That coal and oil you see in the Midwest likely came from us. Enjoy processing WTF-ever it is you people do without electricity, cOunTRy bOY.

BP-B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
We dont use much coal anymore
We can settle this fair and square. Abolish NR licenses in your state and we’ll do the same here. We’d solve the whining about “gouging” real quick. Even Steven. grin

You have me mistaken as a person that GAF about WY’s bloated govt and bureaucracy.

Additionally, ihookem has an elementary understanding of western economics. That coal and oil you see in the Midwest likely came from us. Enjoy processing WTF-ever it is you people do without electricity, cOunTRy bOY.

I have a real good understanding and have been proving it with my posts. I have been saying all along , in this world everyone needs everyone. As for coal, we would get by just fine without it and dont even use much anymore. If all you can come up with is coal, then , my understanding is far superior to yours. Coal is one product of thousands to keep this supply chain going. We use mostly natural gas and coal likely goes to India . When we do get coal, it can come from West Virginia. . Saying we would be stuck without your coal is as shallow as me saying you would never drink milk again without Wisconsin. Most oil does not come from western states unless you talk Permian and that is Texas , not exactly the west, even though west Texas is kind of the west Bakken is mostly in N. Dakota and hardly a western state. . As for whateve the F we do? We make so much in S.E. Wis. you wouldn't believe.

Last edited by ihookem; 03/18/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by saddlesore
There are indeed people who think they need to hunt elk every year. I am one of them. I moved to Colorado in 74 so I could. As I aged, I changed tactics, gear, etc. Now as I will be 80 this year, I am very limited, but I will still do my darnedest to go. I might only be able to get 50-75 yards from my mule, but I will watch the sunrise and the forest come live, and put it to bed at night. If an elk comes by I will take it home with me.If not, I will still enjoy the hunt.Those that are city dwellers don't have a clue about that..

People think every thing comes from the city, but everything we use or eat comes from rural areas It is grown in the dirt, mined from the dirt, or drilled into the dirt. If it were not for farming, ranching, mining, drilling, city people would not survive.

And that is good that you still get out there and and getting an elk is fine too. And many " city dwellers" dont have a clue, and mining , farming , ranching is where you live , and not in the city. I see trains every day going west. They have cars, trucks , diesel fuel and likely crude oil, and who knows what else. it comes from the ports of Chitcago, Milwaukee, Duluth, MN. and New York.. It comes back with wheat from Montana and no doubt the Dakotas. Sure, many city people get pissed when they stop for a train and never realize how important they are. I see lumber, likely from out west and Canada, milled in the west. However, without " city people" there would be no mills, or lumber jobs.. SO, for the ignorant and small minded people here that post bla bla bla, I will make you a deal, I will never hunt a western state. In exchange you can only buy what is made in 100 miles of your home, with materials gotten locally. You will find out real quick that being selfish with elk tags and saying we should pay $2, 000 or $4,000 for an elk tag is quite shallow. And SaddleStore is right, City people would not survive, however , no one in the country would neither. Again, I could live there, but I am content here.

All those trains pass through Wyoming, all those trucks on I-80 hauling your stuff. What happens if those quit being allowed through ? Yes they can go around but I don't think they will like that, your stuff will be a lot more expensive too.

Face the facts, states have the right to charge whatever they want for hunting licenses. Pick a state and apply. you have lots of options, try one of the Eastern states for elk, Oh yeah only 1 offers NR licenses. How is that fair?

And how is it every NR thinks their tax money funds our state or the federal land in it? Your tax dollars might just be funding a refuge on the East coast just as easy as public land out West.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B

I have a real good understanding and have been proving it with my posts. I have been saying all along , in this world everyone needs everyone. As for coal, we would get by just fine without it and dont even use much anymore. If all you can come up with is coal, then , my understanding is far superior to yours. Coal is one product of thousands to keep this supply chain going. We use mostly natural gas and coal likely goes to India . When we do get coal, it can come from West Virginia. . Saying we would be stuck without your coal is as shallow as me saying you would never drink milk again without Wisconsin. Most oil does not come from western states unless you talk Permian and that is Texas , not exactly the west, even though west Texas is kind of the west Bakken is mostly in N. Dakota and hardly a western state. . As for whateve the F we do? We make so much in S.E. Wis. you wouldn't believe.

No, it’s pretty clear you’re ignorant and lack even a basic fundamental understanding of energy flows; nor does “everyone need everyone”. You’re the walking embodiment of “garbage in, garbage out”. Makes sense, though, you come from a “progressive” urbanized state where living right outside Milwaukee or Madison makes you a cOUntrY bOy.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Well WYTEX, who is going to stop them from going through on a federal interstate? Are you going to stop them??? How, and why? As for elk licenses, I dont bother going. Never all that intersting to me and again, I am happy fishing the great Lakes Region. Thanks anyway. And I never said they didnt have the right to charge what they wanted. I never said that , never implied it neither. As for Gig grz, again, if you dont think you need anything from the big cities , then go without anything from there. Again , you will find how much you need from the big cities. You cant even pop a beer without something from the cities. Again, car tires, gas , diesel, and hundreds of other things. However, you blindly sit in NW Wy. thinking you dont need us. Again you would be in a world of hurt. As for " progressive " urbanized state. I dont live in an urban area , I live in farm country , and learn how to read, I never said I was a country boy, I said I hear that all the time. As for my voting district, it is very likely more conservative than yours. We voted in Senator Ron Johnson , by the way. Talk about conservative , he is it.

Last edited by ihookem; 03/19/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I still don't know what you are complaining about. If you don't want to pay the amount for the tag, don't. They won't miss you.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I know that , and I am not complaining. I am so busy where I live I wont spend the time or money. The message started out with people that think out of state license should be $2,000 to $4,000 dollars. I replied some here think the world revolves around elk and deer tags and it does not . Many residents have a snide and biased attitude about an out of state person, even guys from Wisconsin fishing in Upper Michigan. I keep saying it is sad and foolish. many go out west to shot some deer and elk. Residents should not be so prejudice. Again, it is a very small part of life . Everyone needs everyone . Some here even say they dont need anything from the city. It is amazing how they say this driving down the road in a pickup with parts from all over the world, and mostly made in big cities. I said in my first post, I hate the cities, but I need them.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So you are just biatching to biatch? You seem to type a lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

Wyoming doesn't "need" you. Pay up, or sit at home. They will sell out regardless.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Well, in fairness, no one really committed to $4K NR tag. They danced around it.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Truth: Put up the money or stfu and stay home.

You don’t have to like being bent over for high NR fees. You just have to tolerate it or not…

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by WAM
Truth: Put up the money or stfu and stay home.

You don’t have to like being bent over for high NR fees. You just have to tolerate it or not…

I pay for everyone I get and hunt elk most years as a NR. But most can't.

If $4K is your number, I'm fine. Just state it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't know where the energy supply chain started. I know I live 45 min from one of the largest coal plants left in this country and all the coal comes from north Dakota.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
A lot of $60 resident tags will have to be sold to equate to one $4K NR tag. Who's gonna get priority in this situation?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
A lot of $60 resident tags will have to be sold to equate to one $4K NR tag. Who's gonna get priority in this situation?
That's more than 4x the Idaho NR price for a license and elk tag. They allot 10% of the tags to NR so residents are getting the priority.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by LNF150
For a long time, Kansas didn't allow NR deer hunting until it was threatened by other states not to allow Kansas hunters to hunt BG in their states. Kansas then realized how much revenue NR BG hunters brought in for the agency and the state, consequently NR BG hunters were allowed to participate. When money becomes the driving factor for BG wildlife management in any state, there will be no ceiling to how much can be charged for tags.
That's just it. In many western states game management has went out the window in the name of keeping those NR dollars flowing in. Formerly prime hunting areas likenthe Missouri breaks and SE montana are a shell of what they where do to this.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

I'm not sure you understand that while everyone depends on others for basic commerce we don't depend on NR hunting our states for anything other than bloated fish and game department budgets. Most of that money is pissed away IMO

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My solution is to sell one hunting rifle per year to pay for high NR elk tags. At that rate, I’ll be hunting until age 104 and have to start selling off optics… 🤣

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I propose that anyone considering hunting elk in a state other than the one they reside in, instead send a check for $1000.00 to that states department of revenue, order a cut & wrapped beef from your local rancher & take your wife on a decent vacation. You will have more money in your pocket & more, much higher quality, table fare. As a resident of an out of state destination hunting state, I would be behind adopting something similar to what Alaska requires for certain species, that being out of state residents can only hunt with a licensed outfitter.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I live in pa but have a small camp I purchased in Montana almost 10 years ago. When I bought the camp, you could buy an elk tag over the counter. Those days are long gone. In those short 10 years I have seen the number of hunters increase and in my perception the number of elk decrease. If I’m lucky, I can get a tag every two, sometimes every three years depending on my luck in the draw. It’s crazy how times change. Will I continue to hunt in Montana every chance I can get? Absolutely! I’ll only be able to hike the mountains for so many years. And unfortunately if I can only draw a tag every three years, I have more time to save for the hunt.

SLAP
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jfw042
I propose that anyone considering hunting elk in a state other than the one they reside in, instead send a check for $1000.00 to that states department of revenue, order a cut & wrapped beef from your local rancher & take your wife on a decent vacation. You will have more money in your pocket & more, much higher quality, table fare. As a resident of an out of state destination hunting state, I would be behind adopting something similar to what Alaska requires for certain species, that being out of state residents can only hunt with a licensed outfitter.

And I support selling off 99.9% of the Federal land in Montana to the highest bidder.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
726 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,698
Posts18,399,950
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.