Campfire Member
W
Been Sold

BP-B6

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have a 527 in .223- it’s a rifle I’ve been considering to let go, but I know as soon as I do I will regret it. I also have a 550 in .375 H&H, that one will never go- a gun chambered in a dangerous game cartridge with Varmint rifle accuracy is just astounding and I love playing with it. I don’t have a new CZ centerfire and I don’t have much interest in one, either.

Their Rimfire rifles are equally amazing, even the new ones. My 452 American shoots great and is about as good as it gets for a squirrel rifle (for me), the factory trigger isn’t great but a spring kit fixes that easily enough. The 457 MTR I have is a tack driver, and has won enough .22 shoots to prove it (and with ammo that’s pretty cheap, too). By all means if you don’t have a CZ rimfire, you owe it to yourself to fix that ASAP.

Heal quickly and don't scar.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Ky221
That one’s a beauty.

I never bitched about the safety or magazine, but I did whine a little about needing to load from the magazine, until I bought a Bob’s Sled.

You may not have but if I had a dollar for everytime I read about someone complaining about it, I could buy a gunbroker 527 at this point.

Mostly I heard about the safeties on the old .22s. Thought it was silly. I have guns with all kinds of safeties, and without any. Even my poor old brain doesn’t get confused by any of them. To me, moving the 527 safety to the off position is, similar to the wing safety on old FNs, like pulling back a hammer.

That was always my thoughts as well. To a T.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have wanted to get a 457 vpt/mtr in my hands.....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a 527 in 6.5 Grendel and a 525 carbine in 7.62x39. Plan to leave those to my son one day. Great rifles. Wish I would have jumped on them before they started getting expensive. I'd have a whole set.

The expert at anything was once a beginner.

JC
IC B2

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Maybe if y'all would have quit bitchin' about the "backwards safety" and the "hanging magazine", it would still be a thing.
Wow! I didn't read one bad post in this entire thread all i saw is love for the mighty 527...Somebody must be havin a bad day 😁....Hb

Nobody said a thing about this post. But go back and read past posts. All people around here ever complained about was the "backwards safety and the magazine". Was a reoccurring theme.
Sorry, your the one that said "If y'all would have quit bitching" so i naturally took that to mean us on this thread ......Hb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Forgot I have a 527 in 6.5 grendel as well. All came from my dads estate so not sure if I will keep them or sell them.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I would agree with the foolishness of dropping the 5 series rifles. However CZ now owns Colt. Perhaps new turn bolt rifles will be stamped as Colt made. There may be advantages in cost by side stepping firearm import fee as a U.S. manufacturer. Just a guess on my part.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Howa is taking advantage of the situation with the Mini. Takes a bit of lipstick to bring them into the “nice rifle” category, but they are made with steel forgings and are solid. One of mine is now fitted for 527 magazines. I bought four, one 3-shot flush-fit and three 5-shot that hang down. I actually prefer the look with the 5-shot ones over the winged guard assembly on the 527. They fit very snugly in the slot, so I have to conclude the wings were superfluous.

A nice walnut stock would be a plus for the Mini. Brownells used to list one, checkered even, for something over $200, but I don’t see it now.

You can order a walnut stocked Mini from a dealer. I have two on order to see what they look like. They are supposed to have Turkish walnut stocks.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We’re gonna need pics of those when they land……

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We’re gonna need pics of those when they land……
I will post them when they come in.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
If you guys want to see a unique 550, check this one out. It has a dull gray finish, a butter knife handle, full stock. Only thing not OEM is the Timney trigger.

I traded for it, don't know it's history. I can't seem to find any info on it.

I think it may have been a European gun, possibly brought over by a service man as there is no catalog or other info available. Back in the day, soldiers could buy weapons at the local PX, bring them home.

It appears to be factory, no evidence of custom work. It's a 7x57 and a shooter.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
If you guys want to see a unique 550, check this one out. It has a dull gray finish, a butter knife handle, full stock. Only thing not OEM is the Timney trigger.

I think it may have been a European gun, possibly brought over by a service man as there is no catalog or other info available. Back in the day, soldiers could buy weapons at the local PX, bring them home.

It appears to be factory, no evidence of custom work. It's a 7x57 and a shooter.

DF

Does it say CZ USA on it?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good looking rifle...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Was sorry to see them go especially the 527! The 600 may or may not be a good rifle. Expect ill never know. CZ 527's started to disappoint more times than Id like to admit as the pride that was put in the latter 527's, let's just say left room for improvement. Still I truly have a warm place in my heart for the 527's

Truly sorry to see them go!

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

Does it say CZ USA on it?
It’s in Washington State, traded for the 527 Hornet I showed. I don’t remember much info on it, don’t think it said CZ-USA. A Fire contributor’s Dad has it and reportedly loves it.

DF

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I bought a 7.62x39 M527 when they came out. Shoots the case of Wolf 122 gr JHP's I bought back then just fine and has killed hogs and blackbuck with that load. My other "CZ" is a bit earlier and a 375 H&H.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Nice, Ed.

You got some good’uns.

DF

yar Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the dropping of the 550, 527 rifle has more to do with old school manufacturing techniques vs newer less labor intensive CNC manufacturing techniques. The stocks are now machine checkered vs hand . It all about profitability and expedited the process. You can see it with American made rifles these days also.
The cz 550 and 527’s were turned out by old school craftsman . Just like in the US that doesn’t make for wide profit margins investors like.

Last edited by yar; 03/23/23.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Yes. The 550 is such a nice rifle but it seems the younger generation is not buying rifles like it anymore. I’ve picked up a few nice bargains at local gun shops and want to keep buying 550’s in the big game cartridges. Love the rifle. Just don’t like the trigger for some reason.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
714 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 91 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.