Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by drop_point
Perhaps Blackshart is as bad at anatomy as hunting and shooting. Much like he can't stop sticking things in his poop-chute, he just can't help coming to this thread.
WTF do you do, take stupid pills every morning ? Guess what, they're working ! I bet you and JGRetard are on the same dosage. I said I have no use for YOU, as I'm sure most don't.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Has anyone done a side by side zero’ing video with a leupold and a scope that actually works?

Takes 2 or 3 shots to zero a legit scope. More like 8-10 with a Leupold if you touch the windage. It’s brutal.

Not a video, but did that a couple years ago. Bought a pair of closeout 700 ADLs at Wally works for $200 each or so (.223 and .243). Had a VX-Freedom 3-9 NIB and bought a discontinued/discounted Nikon 2-10? Forget the model, but retailed for around $300. New Burris mounts for both. Sent them all home with my dad (Benchrest and target backstop in his yard).

With the Nikon it was one shot, make scope adjustment, and next 3 shots were right where he wanted.

With the Freedom, it was left/right/up/down/repeat. When he got it settled in it was fine, but took a box of shells to do it. Rapping on the adjustments with a mallet included.

That said, nothing looks as sleek and unobtrusive as Leupolds so I’ll probably keep adding some, weighing other options as well as the time arises.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Has anyone done a side by side zero’ing video with a leupold and a scope that actually works?

Takes 2 or 3 shots to zero a legit scope. More like 8-10 with a Leupold if you touch the windage. It’s brutal.

I get a laugh at those that struggle to zero a rifle.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Shoot, dial Shoot again.

All done.

Seems simple yet some struggle.

Better rifles?

"Brutal"??????????

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Why are Leupold’s fine once one “gets there”? If the erectors are floppy and weak getting there….why do so many suddenly find they are sufficient enough to stay there?

Seems to be a recurring situation for the majority.

Last edited by battue; 03/26/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Shoot, dial Shoot again.

All done.

Better rifles?

"Brutal"??????????

It's because Leupold are garbage scopes when it comes down to it. Put a Trijicon, SWFA, or even a chink Athlon on same rifle and it's 2-3 shots to zero a rifle. Leupold's don't do what they are supposed to, particularly when touching the windage is involved.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Shoot, dial Shoot again.

All done.

Better rifles?

"Brutal"??????????

It's so cute watching you try to act smart... try again... maybe you'll figure it out next time...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's because Leupold are garbage scopes when it comes down to it. Put a Trijicon, SWFA, or even a chink Athlon on same rifle and it's 2-3 shots to zero a rifle. Leupold's don't do what they are supposed to, particularly when touching the windage is involved.

Get better rifles and learn to shoot well.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Originally Posted by Sheister
It's so cute watching you try to act smart... try again... maybe you'll figure it out next time...

Get better rifles and learn to shoot well.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 03/26/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It's because Leupold are garbage scopes when it comes down to it.

Never had trouble sighting in a Leupold scope. Now I have seen plenty of idiots at the range burn through boxes of ammo trying to sight in a rifle. But there was no common theme as to which brand scope they had on their rifle. I suppose some of them could have had a bad scope (or bad mounts) but from a distance it just appeared to me that most of them didn't know what they were doing and couldn't hit water if they fell out of a f#&*ing boat.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I think adding a grease fitting to the adjustment points would fix everything.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve had to return Leupold products, one spotting scope twice when it came back badly out of focus. Had a VX3 4.5-14x50 on a 7 mag that my son was going to use on an elk hunt.

The idea that he hung it in a tree 4’ off the ground mystifies me, that the branch broke seems right & it landed on the scope knocking it way out of zero.

Put a Burris FF2 on it fearing the Leupold was damaged & he took that hunting. To check out the VX3 I put it on a 25-06 that hadn’t really shot any loads well wearing a Sig Whiskey 3 & I needed to burn up some ammo. To my surprise it adjusted to zero perfectly while I tweaked it to an Inch high at 100 & shot the smallest groups ever out of that rifle.

So the scope adjusts & looks great on any rifle but based on how far the fall bumped it out of Zero I’d be hesitant to put it on an elk rifle but it should be fine on the 25-06 as long as my son doesn’t carry it.

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Have never had to return anything but leupold. Both came back still fogging up. Other than that very much of the opinion that most problems having to do with sighting in or keeping scopes zeroed has to do with the rings and bases. Getting them secure and totally relieved of stress can be a challenge . Especially for those who struggle anyway. A good scope mounted stress free does not change internally regardless of what might happen when dropped or jarred using it.
The need to resight a scope in season or every hunting season should not be necessary unless you change ammunition . Part of the reason some scope seem to “settle in” after awhile may have more to do with the stress in the mounting system being gradually relieved by shooting,heating and cooling,and handling.

Last edited by foogle; 03/27/23.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Shoot, dial Shoot again.

All done.

Better rifles?

"Brutal"??????????

Why does it only happen with my $3200 Leupold Mark 6? Never Nightforce, never S&B, never Zeiss, never Vortex?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Perhaps Blackshart is as bad at anatomy as hunting and shooting. Much like he can't stop sticking things in his poop-chute, he just can't help coming to this thread.
WTF do you do, take stupid pills every morning ? Guess what, they're working ! I bet you and JGRetard are on the same dosage. I said I have no use for YOU, as I'm sure most don't.

Yawn, you still playing that game? Well, at least you're giving your anatomy a break and using your fingers to post here, rather than using them in your poo-hole.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bless her heart for trying. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bankrupt Burns is always good for a few laughs, and it's not his juvenile gifs.........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yawn, you still playing that game? Well, at least you're giving your anatomy a break and using your fingers to post here, rather than using them in your poo-hole.
Phew, you hoe moes sure got it bad. "poo-hole", "rectal vault", "poop chute". You just gotta mention the object of your infatuation in every post. LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only an ignoramus like John Burns would ignore all the reports of problems with Leupold scopes from members of this forum- instead calling them all liars and inept shooters... It is fairly apparent something else is in play here besides his ignorance- a monetary issue possibly? He couldn't possibly have his "customers" reading the bad reports of his favorite scope, could he?

What's really funny is just about every person reporting problems is having the same problems- over and over and over... I wonder how that is ignored by some people on this thread? Makes you go hmmm?????

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by Sheister
Only an ignoramus like John Burns would ignore all the reports of problems with Leupold scopes ...

Don't forget Varmint Guy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Phew, you hoe moes sure got it bad. "poo-hole", "rectal vault", "poop chute". You just gotta mention the object of your infatuation in every post. LOL

Your daddy didn't love you enough did he? That's why you seek attention from men?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What a bs artist.

Bolting up senderos to synthetic stocks, with a dab of bedding compound, slap a Leupi on, then charge $10k...
Quite the business plan.

Oooops, that's right, it didn't quite work out.

Basically anything burnsie touches is already fab'd.

He throws some marketing bs on it, then charges outrageous prices for it.

The value add is a bs story, just like a used car salesman.

Congrats ?

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (35, Bigd7378, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 12 invisible), 1,375 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,254
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.