Print Thread
Hop To
C
carlm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I suggest a change to the Classified Rules. On another site I frequent, replies to classified ads are not allowed. If you want to purchase the item all communication must be done via private message. It keeps the classifieds from becoming a chat room for people to state their opinions or crap on sellers threads. On this site if someone says "I'll take it" and does not pay, you must re-list the item because everyone who sees it assumes the item is sold. It does require the seller to go back and mark the item as sold. On that same site, there is a button where you can change the tag from WTS, WTT, NLA, etc to SOLD. Doing so, does not delete the ad, but does move it to the bottom of the active ads. It keeps the ads a lot less cluttered, keeps the active listings on top, and moves the sold items to the bottom-a much better way.

I forgot to add, it is also impossible to bump your ad to the top more than once a week. It keeps certain bad players from monopolizing page 1 of the classifieds.

Last edited by carlm; 03/22/23.
GB1

B
B
A fairly good idea expect for new members like myself can not private message until we reach some magic number of posts to prove we are not a bot.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Bill9008
A fairly good idea expect for new members like myself can not private message until we reach some magic number of posts to prove we are not a bot.

That magic number is 500

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jahrs
That magic number is 500

Over by an order of magnitude.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
That magic number is 500

Exactly, that's why so many newbies peter out quickly.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
That magic number is 500

Exactly, that's why so many newbies peter out quickly.
I’m saying the magic number is 50.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
For people like me, this would pose a problem: "I would like to buy.......".

I have found, and am continuing to search for older fixed magnification and middle range variable Swarovski and Zeiss West Germany telescopic sights. Particularly Plex reticle and the TDS reticle.

Kick myself I did not stock up years ago when in production etc.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

That magic number is 500

That would be nice! And no frivilous posts like A, B, C or 1,2,3.

Medics bury their mistakes..
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Carlm,
You're missing one key advantage of our classifieds. It's self regulated and, aside from a few quirks, it works better than any other site I've ever seen.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by carlm
I suggest a change to the Classified Rules. On another site I frequent, replies to classified ads are not allowed. If you want to purchase the item all communication must be done via private message. It keeps the classifieds from becoming a chat room for people to state their opinions or crap on sellers threads. On this site if someone says "I'll take it" and does not pay, you must re-list the item because everyone who sees it assumes the item is sold. It does require the seller to go back and mark the item as sold. On that same site, there is a button where you can change the tag from WTS, WTT, NLA, etc to SOLD. Doing so, does not delete the ad, but does move it to the bottom of the active ads. It keeps the ads a lot less cluttered, keeps the active listings on top, and moves the sold items to the bottom-a much better way.

I forgot to add, it is also impossible to bump your ad to the top more than once a week. It keeps certain bad players from monopolizing page 1 of the classifieds.

Go sell or buy on that site.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The way the classified works now is Great, it has allowed members to track down sellers who have scammed them and they do it with the help of other members who have read their ad and commented on it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Wow

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 1eyedmule, 60 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,562
Posts18,453,715
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.