Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Shot an EIC match this past Sunday. Back at 600 my first shot was a 9 at 9 o'clock, put on a minute right second shot was a 9 at 3. Took off a half minute and shot a waterline 7 out to the left that was almost a six. Did I mention the wind was blowing? The flags were pretty much straight out and the mirage was flying by. Thought I figured it out for the last 10 and ended up shooting an eight late in the string. When I looked at the 300 yard flag after that shot it was running straight at me, I thought that is something new.

Anyway I held better than 10 ring elevation which made me happy. Came out second overall on X-Count.

The 300 yard target is pretty good. It is the fourth straight 300 I have cleaned with a total of 25Xs on 40 shots.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Mike70560; 03/21/23.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great shooting, Mike!
Are you in the hunt?

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I am distinguished. Working on High Master and will make the P100. I am shooting well enough to make both those goals this year.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice shooting Mike! Good waterline at 600. If conditions are not ideal, I have to remind myself they are the same for the other shooters! I left the line at the 600 yard CMP match a couple weeks ago knocking myself for one shanked release and a couple bad elevation shots to light changes only to find I placed 3rd overall right behind a couple of scoped 6mm match rifles. The only shot that matters is the next one...

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mike70560
I am distinguished. Working on High Master and will make the P100. I am shooting well enough to make both those goals this year.

Looks like some good work in that condition!

Never shot any matches with electronic scoring, I guess if there are enough firing points everyone shoots at the same time? Sometimes it was a blessing to be on relay 2 or 4. I could get a bit of wind schooling from the guys in front of me.

Hope you make the P-100 and shooting like that there's no doubt you'll have a HM card as well.

I was a losing HM before I had to quit. That last couple percent didn't come easy for me.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
In club matches we will shoot one relay. In an EIC we run two relays for scoring purposes.

The electronic targets are great when they work. At three hundred I took my first shot, looked at the tablet, saw a 10 at 8:30 on the edge, holdover for the second shot, made an adjustment on the scope at the mag change and cleaned it with 6. Without seeing the first shot, I would have stacked them up on that left edge. It was an EIC match, so no sighters.

CMP High Master is 98%. That is really tough. NRA is still 97% and that is hard enough.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At three hundred I took my first shot, looked at the tablet, saw a 10 at 8:30 on the edge, holdover for the second shot, made an adjustment on the scope at the mag change and cleaned it with 6. Without seeing the first shot, I would have stacked them up on that left edge. It was an EIC match, so no sighters.
LOL! I did that once that sticks out in my mind, because I lifted my head to check the group at the mag change too and the last 3 strung out at 2:00 to give me a 98! frown laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Setting up the tablet is part of prep now. After I get my position and NPA just right I make sure the tablet is visible with my head in position.

Early on I gave up points looking at the tablet. Like everything else practice helps.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
The old Tulane Stadium or the old Sugar Bowl (Yulman Stadium) in New Orleans had a 50’ rimfire range below the stands. In ‘72 we had a big match there during Mardi Gras with ROTC and school teams from all over the SEC.

The night before we all went out with our coach “Gunny B****” and since it was Mardi Gras, we had a few 😁 beers.

The next morning we weren’t feeling so great but we had breakfast and headed to the range for a practice round. I fired prone and cleaned all ten bulls so I felt pretty good about my relay a little later.

Well, later I dropped one point on my prone target and did better in kneeling and offhand than I had done in practice the week before. Not good enough…I missed Third Place by ONE point. Rats! What could I have done if I was feeling up to par? I still kick myself about it now and then.

Toward the end of the semester, we had a cookout at Gunny B****’s house. I had been Team Captain for three years so the team gave me a plaque. On the back Gunny B**** had taped my perfect practice target that all the team members had autographed 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
In club matches we will shoot one relay. In an EIC we run two relays for scoring purposes.

The electronic targets are great when they work. At three hundred I took my first shot, looked at the tablet, saw a 10 at 8:30 on the edge, holdover for the second shot, made an adjustment on the scope at the mag change and cleaned it with 6. Without seeing the first shot, I would have stacked them up on that left edge. It was an EIC match, so no sighters.

CMP High Master is 98%. That is really tough. NRA is still 97% and that is hard enough.

We have ours working pretty good. As with anything and free help. Things get broke, putting them up used to turn into a stuff x. So I’m the qa/qc guy before targets go up. Me and my daughter do the tap tests etc. The 4th sensor on the shot marker is redundant. So if one stops working the shot marker still works fine. But people see x sensor partially responding start freaking out. I seen cables get shot, cables wrapped around target carrier, I seen all
Kinds of dicked up stuff. We had guys swear on a stack of bibles shot markers were broke, until you get behind them on a spotting scope to see bullet trace. Go yeah you are about 10 feet above the target. We had one guy just quit and leave. We shot at the target and shot-marker worked fine. If you ever make it back up here you will have a great time at our matches.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
navlav8r,

That is a great story. Some of my shooting buddies are from New Orleans. Even in to the 80’s there was a good smallbore and air rifle program in the New Orleans high schools. Sadly that is now a distant memory.

79s,

Yes the targets in general are good. Every once in a while I have loss a shot in RF, but that is far and few between.

I will not make it up to Alaska this year, but maybe next year . I could at least win a long distance award.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
navlav8r,

That is a great story. Some of my shooting buddies are from New Orleans. Even in to the 80’s there was a good smallbore and air rifle program in the New Orleans high schools. Sadly that is now a distant memory.

79s,

Yes the targets in general are good. Every once in a while I have loss a shot in RF, but that is far and few between.

I will not make it up to Alaska this year, but maybe next year . I could at least win a long distance award.

RF we had issues like that. To alleviate that we stagger rapid even number shooters first then odd numbers. Be great to see you all come shoot with us. We usually have our tentative schedule out by February.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
731 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.