R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Ones a Browning, the other is an icon.
That!

Originally Posted by Coyote10
The icon should have came with one piece bottom metal.
The later ones did... I have several with the 1-piece units... I had just one BACO, obtained just to get a good look at that pos MOA trigger... Sold it to a guy who was OK with it... Glad to see it go, and I sure as hell wouldn't have another...

Browning screwed the pooch with that trigger change... Typical of Browning - they just love to over-engineer things that are best left simple and workable.. And that's exactly why I do not own a Browning rifle...

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Love it^^^^

He knows his audience.

laugh

Well, lets just see what redneck says about that..
laugh laugh You know me too well, my friend...

Last edited by Redneck; 03/20/23.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by beretzs

Snob whistle

Guilty as charged.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Totally agree with th trigger though. Can't disagree there.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Redneck

I am curious …,how is the BAR over engineered?

Thanks

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Redneck

Thanks
The BAR is actually the only semi-auto centerfire worth a hill of beans.. Of all the semi-auto rifles built, I rarely had a BAR come in and that was usually due to only two things - replacing a buffer or a timing latch pin. Re: the BACO Winchester, the effed up on that trigger...

One other thing - compared an A-Bolt to a M70 once for a customer... He asked how the Browning could be made better.. I (half-jokingly) said "trade it for a M70".. He asked why. I removed the A-bolt from the stock and the two of us counted the number of parts needed to operate the safety.. We counted six..

Then I took a M70 out of the stock and we counted those.. Three. Browning just can't seem to figure out how to make an operation simple.. It's just a personal beef of mine - and it's why I only have ONE Browning in the place, a BPS in .410.... Bought it because I had a lot of leftover .410 ammo AND it was the only shotgun available at the time I was looking... It's OK.. But - speaking from experience - ya better know what you're doing when/if an owner removes that trigger group from the receiver. Removal is a piece of cake.. Re-installing it can make even an old salt recall a lot of 4-letter words. There's a trick to it I learned years ago - and even then it can be a pita to reassemble.. Typical Browning..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Redneck
Redneck

Thanks
The BAR is actually the only semi-auto centerfire worth a hill of beans.. Of all the semi-auto rifles built, I rarely had a BAR come in and that was usually due to only two things - replacing a buffer or a timing latch pin. Re: the BACO Winchester, the effed up on that trigger...

One other thing - compared an A-Bolt to a M70 once for a customer... He asked how the Browning could be made better.. I (half-jokingly) said "trade it for a M70".. He asked why. I removed the A-bolt from the stock and the two of us counted the number of parts needed to operate the safety.. We counted six..

Then I took a M70 out of the stock and we counted those.. Three. Browning just can't seem to figure out how to make an operation simple.. It's just a personal beef of mine - and it's why I only have ONE Browning in the place, a BPS in .410.... Bought it because I had a lot of leftover .410 ammo AND it was the only shotgun available at the time I was looking... It's OK.. But - speaking from experience - ya better know what you're doing when/if an owner removes that trigger group from the receiver. Removal is a piece of cake.. Re-installing it can make even an old salt recall a lot of 4-letter words. There's a trick to it I learned years ago - and even then it can be a pita to reassemble.. Typical Browning..

That's how they put their mark on something I guess. Make it more complicated than it needs to be and then brag about it. As in the MOA trigger they put in the new model 70. They should have just left well enough alone, but they had to do something to it to change it up. That is why I refer to the new ones as "Brownings". I'm content to hunt the older real Winchester model 70's for the rest of my life. Other guys that like to think the new ones are better, can have them. There's enough to go around for all of us..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular

Well played!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Redneck
Redneck

Thanks

That's how they put their mark on something I guess. Make it more complicated than it needs to be and then brag about it. As in the MOA trigger they put in the new model 70. They should have just left well enough alone, but they had to do something to it to change it up. That is why I refer to the new ones as "Brownings". I'm content to hunt the older real Winchester model 70's for the rest of my life. Other guys that like to think the new ones are better, can have them. There's enough to go around for all of us..
Agreed...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
806 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 12308300, 81 invisible), 3,177 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,714
Posts18,400,344
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.